paul p taking names at the bike. again.

Yeah we all know what you would do if you were Jen and had pocket queens in that situation. :club: End of tourney for Alfie!DONK!
HEY..you got banned...and now you came back with an obvious screenname.....moron.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<quote>It makes me laugh to see some people here and elsewhere acting like her fold was anywhere from easy to slightly difficult. If you don't think that fold is extremely difficult then I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but you likely suck at NLH tournaments. If that fold is "easy" for you then you are the sort of person who will be robbed blind, deaf, and dumb. In actuality most poker players (including those who claim from a safe distance that this is an easy fold) would call so quickly they'd need medical treatment for the felt burns. </quote>This actually is pretty funny. I don't mean to insult the pros here.. but being 70 something in a 900 person tournament. With a large chip stack. Facing a call of a preflop raise. Facing a super aggressive all in, that would put you out of the tournament. Hmmmmm I'm thinking you are lucky you haven't been knocked out in the first day. With a small stack this is a huge laydown, with the size of stack, the place she was in the tournament, and the way the hand went down..... it was a huge mistake to go all in, which made it an a place to laydown... do you forget that your actions dictate other player's reactions? come on..I'm not saying its easy, you have to think about this.. but it is not a monster laydown either.

This actually is pretty funny. I don't mean to insult the pros here.. but being 70 something in a 900 person tournament. With a large chip stack. Facing a call of a preflop raise. Facing a super aggressive all in, that would put you out of the tournament. Hmmmmm I'm thinking you are lucky you haven't been knocked out in the first day. With a small stack this is a huge laydown, with the size of stack, the place she was in the tournament, and the way the hand went down..... it was a huge mistake to go all in, which made it an a place to laydown... do you forget that your actions dictate other player's reactions? come on..I'm not saying its easy, you have to think about this.. but it is not a monster laydown either.
:clap:

i think its a good laydown for anybody but the elitre players <jen h included> but an amazing laydown for the good but not great player...when pp pushed it made it that much easier...anybody that says smooth calling wasnt the right play amazes me...the key is to get the most chips possible he didnt do that....my line if thinking is smooth call the flop bet, come over the top on the turn and see what happens there...i still think he overplayed his hand....

Just a thought or 2:1. Nice laydown, Jen. I'm not prepared to label it "easy", but I won't label it "difficult" either. Any solid player knows the worst thing you can do is marry your hand. She had the nuts preflop, but she's smart enough to know they weren't the nuts post flop. Paul tipped his hand, she recognized she was beat and laid it down. This is a perfect example of what seperates a pro from a good player.2. The flop came T92. If I had top set here, facing that bet, I'd push all in as well. Sure, I'd be tipping my hand, but that's exactly what I want to do here. No way do I want to see a turn here, because she could be holding a wide range of hands that the turn could hurt me. JQ, JK, QK are all realistic hands she could have, and the ones that would most worry me. If she turns a straight, there's no way I'm getting her off her hand, so now I'm forced to give up my set. Even if she doesnt make a straight, but the turn comes J, Q, K, 8, 7, 6 and she represents a straight, now I'm left with an extremely tough decision. She's a pro, and certainly capable of making that move on me, so its best to get her out of the hand while I have it won.In conclusion, I believe they both played the hand well.Just my thinking.

Alf, I usually respect your posts but this time you were just plain idiotic.Wouldn't Paul be pushing the same way with KK QQ and possibly even JJ. The answer is yes.This wouldn't even be a conversation if he ha felted QQ and JH looked like an idiot.I have I'm pretty sure a half of brain and would not have made this fold. Alf you were just completely stupid throughout this whole post.

Alf, I usually respect your posts but this time you were just plain idiotic.Wouldn't Paul be pushing the same way with KK QQ and possibly even JJ. The answer is yes.This wouldn't even be a conversation if he ha felted QQ and JH looked like an idiot.I have I'm pretty sure a half of brain and would not have made this fold. Alf you were just completely stupid throughout this whole post.
You didn't read the posts...you just glossed over everything and decided to pick apart one sentence.If you read my posts...I said that it wasn't a monumental laydown....and I qualified it with that if that flop had two of a suit on it...it would have been a "easier" laydown.AA of course would have been an underdog to an open ended straight draw w/ flush draw. (coin flip really)You just didn't read....Nobody said it was easy...it just wasn't god's gift to laydowns.
Wouldn't Paul be pushing the same way with KK QQ and possibly even JJ. The answer is yes.
Since you like picking apart one sentence in my post....I'll pick apart one in yours.The answer to your question is no.....Paul Phillips is a good player.....Good players don't freak out when they have an over pair to the flop and put all their chips in the pot as they yell YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

You know....a lot of people are overlooking the fact that Harmon held the 7th Nuts on the flop.Yes...she had the 7th best possible hand at that point....BUT BUT BUT BUT......SHE HAD ACES!!!!!They are like UNBEATABLE!7th best possible hand.....allin....tournament on the line....you are playing well....I'm beat...he has T9 ...he hit two pair...he might even have a set......I fold.....

You know....a lot of people are overlooking the fact that Harmon held the 7th Nuts on the flop.Yes...she had the 7th best possible hand at that point....BUT BUT BUT BUT......SHE HAD ACES!!!!!They are like UNBEATABLE!7th best possible hand.....allin....tournament on the line....you are playing well....I'm beat...he has T9 ...he hit two pair...he might even have a set......I fold.....
Well put. She had 1 pair and was smart enough to realize it.
I love the way paul played it. And I totally agree with him about how ridiculous it is to say she had an easy laydown. Let's do the math, shall we?What is Jennifer trailing here?TT, 99, 22, T9, T2, 92That's 36 ways she's beat, and granting Paul that range is generous, to say the least. His only likely holdings of these are TT, 99, 22, and T9. That lowers it to 18 ways she's beat. Out of 1081. That's 98%, kids.Good luck.
this is soo well put, MK very well said !!!!
doyle once said that with ACES you win small pots or loose big ones.Aces are great for TV final tables but other then that they can become a nightmare very quickly........

Straight from Paul Phillips blog:"It makes me laugh to see some people here and elsewhere acting like her fold was anywhere from easy to slightly difficult. If you don't think that fold is extremely difficult then I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but you likely suck at NLH tournaments. If that fold is "easy" for you then you are the sort of person who will be robbed blind, deaf, and dumb. In actuality most poker players (including those who claim from a safe distance that this is an easy fold) would call so quickly they'd need medical treatment for the felt burns."-Paul PhillipsNow everyone who said this was an easy fold can STFU!

Straight from Paul Phillips blog:"It makes me laugh to see some people here and elsewhere acting like her fold was anywhere from easy to slightly difficult. If you don't think that fold is extremely difficult then I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but you likely suck at NLH tournaments. If that fold is "easy" for you then you are the sort of person who will be robbed blind, deaf, and dumb. In actuality most poker players (including those who claim from a safe distance that this is an easy fold) would call so quickly they'd need medical treatment for the felt burns."-Paul PhillipsNow everyone who said this was an easy fold can STFU!
Why all the hostility?It wasn't an easy fold, but it wasn't an extremely difficult fold either. Well, not for a player of her caliber. I liked the way PP played the hand, for reasons I outlined in my first post, but I disagree with his reasoning behind his play.Like it or not, PP isn't the final word on this subject.
Well...if Paul Phillips said so...then it must be so..... :roll:

i dont think it was an amazing fold. nor do i think it was an easy one...it was a good fold from a great player...thats what great players do , they lay down hands that normal ppl would go broke on....i still feel as tho pp allowed her to lay her hand down...or he at least made it a hell of a lot easier...if he doesnt push , he defenitley gets more of her stack...i mean he is a large favorite, and if you dont like the odds that are in your favor here, when do you?

Well...if Paul Phillips said so...then it must be so..... :roll:
Maybe not, but given the fact that he witnessed that hand (and more importantly, was involved in the hand), I'll take his evaluation of the play over yours.
Maybe not, but given the fact that he witnessed that hand (and more importantly, was involved in the hand), I'll take his evaluation of the play over yours.
He didn't evaluate anything...he just posted "You are all idiots and I rule" and you ran with it....good luck to you though.BTW....his evaluation of the play was that he played it badly.
Amazing, did you forget the fact that PP didn't re-raise preflop? why would he call a preflop raise with KK or QQ... that doesn't makes sense, jen could pretty much rule out those hands. She had to assume overcards, or smaller pocket pair, in which case trips becomes a huge issue... it seems most of you are ignoring the chip stacks and the place they were in the tournament...