is this fact or fiction

I can make a stone cold guarantee that soccer requires more skill than hockey. Yes, in hockey you can hit people, but guess what, you are also wearing pads and a helmet............Rugby players hit just as hard, and they go without pads. Also, the footwork required in soccer/football is a lot tougher than hitting a puck with a stick.......Noone likes hockey, there is a reason that the MLS (Major League Soccer) is becoming a bigger U.S. sport than the NHL
Footwork in soccer? How about in hockey you have to learn a whole new way to move. You walk everyday. You don't practice how to walk and run. Learning to be a great skater takes years. Take it from someone who played both hockey and soccer at the varsity level in highschool, hockey is a much tougher sport. You move at twice the speed on ice than when you run. So colissions are bigger in hockey. Yes you have no pads in soccer but the hits aren't that big.
have to agree that soccer takes alot of stamina....but the skill level in hockey is higher!by my opinion
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boston bruins...is that a hockey reference???? Let's please leave hockey references off of this site, as it is truly a crappy sport.  Instead, let's replace all hockey references with English Premire League soccer references.In summary: Hockey sucks, soccer rules
Arsenal fans are the best poker players.
umm, hows about, FUCK NO. fans of the arse are just a bunch of lame pussies. ManU fans are much betterand OP, why do you suck so much, seriuosly, you constatnly create lame threads, I only go tinvolved with this cause of some football talk
boston bruins...is that a hockey reference???? Let's please leave hockey references off of this site, as it is truly a crappy sport.  Instead, let's replace all hockey references with English Premire League soccer references.In summary: Hockey sucks, soccer rules
Ya cuz watching countless zero ze...sorry, nil nil ties is sooo much better than watching hockey.
umm, hows about, FUCK NO. fans of the arse are just a bunch of lame pussies. ManU fans are much betterand OP, why do you suck so much, seriuosly, you constatnly create lame threads, I only go tinvolved with this cause of some football talk
u say i suck and you have 7k + posts..u need a life
u say i suck and you have 7k + posts..u need a life
and if you ever did any reading, then you'd know why I have so many posts, please try again, sorry, you suck
I can make a stone cold guarantee that soccer requires more skill than hockey.
As somebody who has played (and likes) both games, I think you're on drugs. Hockey requires far and away more individual skill. Soccer/football requires more strategy and teamwork.
I can make a stone cold guarantee that soccer requires more skill than hockey. Yes, in hockey you can hit people, but guess what, you are also wearing pads and a helmet............Rugby players hit just as hard, and they go without pads. Also, the footwork required in soccer/football is a lot tougher than hitting a puck with a stick.......Noone likes hockey, there is a reason that the MLS (Major League Soccer) is becoming a bigger U.S. sport than the NHL
Footwork in soccer? How about in hockey you have to learn a whole new way to move. You walk everyday. You don't practice how to walk and run. Learning to be a great skater takes years. Take it from someone who played both hockey and soccer at the varsity level in highschool, hockey is a much tougher sport. You move at twice the speed on ice than when you run. So colissions are bigger in hockey. Yes you have no pads in soccer but the hits aren't that big.
I don't disagree with that. Soccer, while a rough, physical sport, is not as intense as hockey. I just disagree with the OP being dumb enough to claim that soccer takes no skill. That's one of the dumbest things I've read in a while, and that's saying something given all of the idiotc bashing of Dan Druff's gf. Both sports take a lot of skill, it's just a different skill set involved for each one.
Follow your own suggestion jackass. You say hockey sucks, then when someone says soccer sucks, you rip their head off. I am a hockey fan, and also a soccer fan. censoredn hypocrite.
Here's an idea. Why don't you try reading things next time, and you might, you know, grasp what I was saying. I never said I hated hockey. Truth be told, I like hockey more than soccer. Of course, I am biased since I broke my leg playing soccer in the 8th grade. But I digress...I've actually been a Rangers fan since they won the Stanley Cup in 94, I just find it difficult to follow hockey, living where I do.
Steeler Fans are the Best Poker Players......
+1 done right.
At least we gotta couple people who know what they are talking about.
love the old logo in your av, hated the new bird and the 3rd jersey. sure losing Jagr sucked, but I lost hope when they dealt off Recchi. oh man what a mini era that was. now we have to pin our hopes on a kid - he looks like a good one, but this is the NHL... time will tell.anyway, Go Steelers.

well the pens seem to have gotten alotta guys that means its not just gonna be the kid...rec, zig, gonchar, leclair. Thats pretty nice of a situation to open up your career with. Oh ya our last #1 pick MA Fluery, he's gonna be tutored by Thibault. Oh and those are just the new guys. I think I remember there being some Mario guy that still plays.

I don't disagree with that. Soccer, while a rough, physical sport, is not as intense as hockey. I just disagree with the OP being dumb enough to claim that soccer takes no skill. That's one of the dumbest things I've read in a while, and that's saying something given all of the idiotc bashing of Dan Druff's gf. Both sports take a lot of skill, it's just a different skill set involved for each one.
soccer does require some skill...but the hand to eye THINGY... in hockey is much more difficult..in soccer you use mostly your feet...only because you are not allowed to use anything else...try skating down the ice stick handling a puck...and watching for someone to pass the puck too and make sure you don't get your head knocked off at the same time....contact in hockey is allowed.....as for soccer....ya get a funny colored card.So witht hat being said why not agree to disagree....
umm, hows about, FUCK NO. fans of the arse are just a bunch of lame pussies. ManU fans are much better
While this might be true, Liverpool fans take it in a route..
Man U? :club:

I agree with Ozium. Steelers fans are the best poker players. And as for this "futbol" vs. hockey thing - if there's a "footie" player that wants to bring it, let's dance. 8 years on the ice in net and counting. Hockey players can knuckle chuck with the best of 'em.

I agree with Ozium. Steelers fans are the best poker players. And as for this "futbol" vs. hockey thing - if there's a "footie" player that wants to bring it, let's dance. 8 years on the ice in net and counting. Hockey players can knuckle chuck with the best of 'em.
the cowboys fans are the second best poker players right behind Bruins fans

All my in-laws are extremely huge hockey fans but I nevered followed it really...As far as ruthlessness goes, have you ever seen 7 yr olds play pee-wee soccer?...those bastards have no mercy