online poker is not rigged

But...I'm curious if anyone else has noticed something odd when multi-tabling.I've been dealt the same hand (regardless of suit), at two tables at once at least 10 times over the past 24 hours. Additionally, this is not an isolated occurence. I have notice this phenomenon a number of times, usually in clumps.This is both not particularly interesting, and strange, at the same time.I'm not sure if there is actually odds against this happening, since, in context of the random number generator, no given card is any different from any other given card.Perhaps, this is a manifestation of the randomization created by inputing player feedback into the random number generator.I honestly have no idea. But it certainly has happened more often than it should, from my point of view. Granted, from everyone's point of view, someone will get the same hand dealt to them way too many times. But... Comment and flame, please.

But...I'm curious if anyone else has noticed something odd when multi-tabling.I've been dealt the same hand (regardless of suit), at two tables at once at least 10 times over the past 24 hours. Additionally, this is not an isolated occurence. I have notice this phenomenon a number of times, usually in clumps.This is both not particularly interesting, and strange, at the same time.I'm not sure if there is actually odds against this happening, since, in context of the random number generator, no given card is any different from any other given card.Perhaps, this is a manifestation of the randomization created by inputing player feedback into the random number generator.I honestly have no idea. But it certainly has happened more often than it should, from my point of view. Granted, from everyone's point of view, someone will get the same hand dealt to them way too many times. But... Comment and flame, please.
How dare you say Online poker is not rigged. Ban him.

Please do ban me... this damn board definetly distracts from my game.Like just now, I donk-called all the way down with top pair and a gutshot straight draw in a MMT limit tourney and got whooped by two pair.I am also drunk, so that might have something to do with it.Anyways... I have no pics, and I don't honestly don't care enough about it to take some. If I notice it again, I'll try to line up the screens and capture them and post them, but that wouldn't really prove anything, so I won't even do that.Suffice to say...I have had the same hand (regardless of suit) way too many times over the past few thousand hands at two tables than is warranted by the odds.It probably means nothing... just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

would you notice it if you got 7-4os at two tables at the same time? no. Would you notive it if you got AA at two tables at the same time? yes. Its a simple fact that you choose to NOTICE when you get two GOOD hands instead of two identical BAD hands. kthx.

Actuary...I understand how the system works, I've done some programming.I also have a fairly good grasp of statistics and odds.But the similarity in hands across mutiple tables at multiple times is definetly not easily dismissed.This is not the same as AA twice in a row.This is...10-3 three times in four hands total across two tables J-10 at two tables at the sime time3-3 three times in four hands total across two tablesAA at the same time at two tablesWithin 24 hours.I understand the fuzzy nature of all of this.But it still strikes me as odd.Yes, given a trillion coin flips, heads will pop up 10,000 times in a row, or whatever. There are millions of poker hands being dealt. It just seems weird, and I'm curious if anyone else has seen it.I'm sure it has something to do with chaos.

would you notice it if you got 7-4os at two tables at the same time? no. Would you notive it if you got AA at two tables at the same time? yes. Its a simple fact that you choose to NOTICE when you get two GOOD hands instead of two identical BAD hands. kthx.
The dual hand phenomenon has been unbiased as towards premium hands.I've noticed it before with the hammer and with other trash hands.Additionally, I have noticed coordinated combinations of 7 cards.By this, I mean, that at least 5, sometimes 6, and sometimes 7 of the same cards appear on my hand and on my board on two tables at once.Now, maybe I just play a lot of online poker...And it is true that I don't notice when the same combination of suits appears,And it is true that I don't notice when all 14 cards I can see are completely different,But...I don't think I've played enough hands to quantitatively explain the symetry in card distribution across multiple tables that I've witnessed.This has nothing to do with poker being rigged. Or anything stupid like that.But again, it's something I've actively noticed.
multi table and track 100K hands...then come back
I'll start tracking when it happens and the conditions, etc.I do believe if the occurences are not common among at least a few players on the board, then it is simply a random clumping that I happened to witness...ie, if no one else has noticed such a phenomenon, then I am simply one person out of hundreds of thousands who did notice a random clumping.This is the most likely answer... but it still is a bit nagging... it makes me wonder if there's a fundamental flaw in the random number generators that yields strange clumps of results.Note to all tinfoil hat wearing paranoids. This has nothing to do with online poker being rigged. If a strange clumping phenomenon does occur, it is unlikely that it could be exploited.
But the similarity in hands across mutiple tables at multiple times is definetly not easily dismissed.
You notice it when it happens.When it doesn't happen, you dont think about it.
True, but I still don't think I see enough hands for it to be particularly noticeable.
But the similarity in hands across mutiple tables at multiple times is definetly not easily dismissed.
You notice it when it happens.When it doesn't happen, you dont think about it.
Agreed. I actually do notice this quite frequently. Seems to happen mostly when I'm getting lousy cards, but I'll look up to see two tables, both holding J :D 4 :club: , both in the same order. Not saying it's rigged at all, but certainly becomes noticeable when it happens.
I hate seeing like QQJ on the flop on one table and your holding QJ on the other... so depressing hehe.
that drives me nuts. I heard that some people have a program that allows them to see your cards, so some people may have an unfair advantage, but it's not rigged.

I've had many instances where I'm holding the two cards at one of my tables that would give me the immortal nuts at another of my tables. It's just coincidence (I assume) but it happens a lot.

I've had many instances where I'm holding the two cards at one of my tables that would give me the immortal nuts at another of my tables. It's just coincidence (I assume) but it happens a lot.
I'll bet more people notice this than getting the same hole cards on more than 1 table.
Guest Anonymous
Actuary...I understand how the system works, I've done some programming.I also have a fairly good grasp of statistics and odds.I'm sure it has something to do with chaos.
stfu
I hate seeing like QQJ on the flop on one table and your holding QJ on the other... so depressing hehe.
I had some guy, seriously, AIM with me about how there are paterns when playing two tables...between your hole cards and the other's flop. I guess pairing about 40% of the time, led him to believe this.. :roll:

that drives me nuts. I heard that some people have a program that allows them to see your cards, so some people may have an unfair advantage, but it's not rigged.Dank, here you go. www.cheat-at-poker.com It's so worth it. sw

How many tables are you playing?If you are ignoring suit, then there are only 78 possible pairs of hole cards you can have (assuming you also ignore order). So the probability of getting the same cards in two hands is 1/78. If you are playing two tables, then chances are they don't deal at exactly the same time so you effectively get 4 pairs of hands for every two hands at each table.So the chance of you getting the same hole cards at least once in a 10 hand round which works out as being 20 pairs of hands (less if you are counting 10 hands at the faster table or they deal at the same time every so often) is:1 - (77/78 ^ 20) = 22.7%More often than you'll make your flush draw on the turnOf course since you fold the bulk of your hands you won't notice most of the matches since your cards are no longer visible.

Actuary...I understand how the system works, I've done some programming.I also have a fairly good grasp of statistics and odds.I'm sure it has something to do with chaos.
stfu
Nothing quite like a good pre-pubescent zing.
This is the most likely answer... but it still is a bit nagging... it makes me wonder if there's a fundamental flaw in the random number generators that yields strange clumps of results.
It's not a fundamental flaw in the random generator. It's the fundamental nature of randomness. If there weren't any clumps, you'd have to seriously question the randomness of the cards.