how illegal is this?

I'm playing in a 33 dollar one table and we're down to three playersin first is a guy who has been a real jerk on chat - he has 7000I have 5000and third has 1500 or soi folded a couple of my small blinds to the short stack and the other guy says something like " Hey f wad stop dumping him chips!"To which since i had position on him and he pissed me off said " f you i'm going to help him stay in" so i fold another small blind to himand then call his big blind accidentally forgetting my angry mission with K5 the flop was KKK and i typed in Dude I flopped quads i'm totally serious and checkedshort stack bets 150 for some reason and i call and typed in DUDE!! and checked it down with him and showed the leader my quadsanyway eventually i eliminated the small stack not sure how illegal my actions were and I didn't know the short stack from anyone else but was angry at the abuse the leader was spewing outto make matters worse he sucked out against my queens with k9 to beat me

If it was reported, you'd probably be in a little bit of trouble, maybe getting your account frozen. And I don't really understand why you would want the short stack in there anyway, your goal was to beat the idiot, and getting the short stack's chips would help you do that.

I'm playing in a 33 dollar one table and we're down to three playersin first is a guy who has been a real jerk on chat - he has 7000I have 5000and third has 1500 or soi folded a couple of my small blinds to the short stack and the other guy says something like " Hey f wad stop dumping him chips!"To which since i had position on him and he censored me off said " f you i'm going to help him stay in"  so i fold another small blind to himand then call his big blind accidentally forgetting my angry mission with K5  the flop was KKK and i typed in Dude I flopped quads i'm totally serious and checkedshort stack bets 150 for some reason and i call and typed in DUDE!! and checked it down with him and showed the leader my quadsanyway eventually i eliminated the small stack  not sure how illegal my actions were and I didn't know the short stack from anyone else but was angry at the abuse the leader was spewing outto make matters worse he sucked out against my queens with k9 to beat me
You can do whatever you want, but as soon as you mention. "dude, i flopped quads"., thats a no no.

Watch. His account will get closed, and he'll be back here bitching about how online poker is rigged and how they took his money. To the OP, screw you. I hope you lose all of your money...Have a nice day.

That's ok he can be not nice to me here it won't be the first timein my defense 1. i was provoked 2. i totally put the big stack on tilt when it got heads up i had the lead

tilting another opponent through any means is nice, but talking about your hand is just not a good thing. this type of play may put me on tilt, but i know it would definately put your name in an email to the site.

Guest Anonymous
I'm playing in a 33 dollar one table and we're down to three playersin first is a guy who has been a real jerk on chat - he has 7000I have 5000and third has 1500 or soi folded a couple of my small blinds to the short stack and the other guy says something like " Hey f wad stop dumping him chips!"To which since i had position on him and he censored me off said " f you i'm going to help him stay in"  so i fold another small blind to himand then call his big blind accidentally forgetting my angry mission with K5  the flop was KKK and i typed in Dude I flopped quads i'm totally serious and checkedshort stack bets 150 for some reason and i call and typed in DUDE!! and checked it down with him and showed the leader my quadsanyway eventually i eliminated the small stack  not sure how illegal my actions were and I didn't know the short stack from anyone else but was angry at the abuse the leader was spewing outto make matters worse he sucked out against my queens with k9 to beat me
Keeping the short stack alive is sometimes to your advantage in a SnG. A lot of times, the number 2 stack is just going to sit around and wait for the short-stack to go out, before making any moves. If you want him to start opening up a little and giving you a little more action, if he sees after a few orbits that its not a done deal the little guy will be on his way out, he might panic a bit. You should not discuss this openly however. You should never tell someone what you have either. Both can get you into account trouble with the site.In general too, there are very few situations in which chatting while playing online is actually beneficial.

ok minus the quads which at the time i was sort of amused byis it illegal for me to react to his bullying by soft playing the short stack not out of collusion but stubborness?

collusion would entail you having some sort of interest in the short stack winning. i do not see how it would be construed that what you were doing (other than the quads chat) would be illegal. you are free to play any hand anyway you wish. that is why i never raise with the nuts in nl (sw)

Guest Anonymous
ok minus the quads which at the time i was sort of amused byis it illegal for me to react to his bullying by soft playing the short stack not out of collusion but stubborness?
It is not illegal. But if you openly admit it in the chat first, then it is.
Justice woulda been the short stack taking you out in third. You got censored off at the chip leader who was trying to help you out since you're obviously clueless about playing sng's.
Please i know how to play a sit and go and its not by calling 150 chips with 3 8 to the short stack the guy was being a huge jerk and i was in no way dumping chips to the short stackhe'd been a jerk the whole sng

Have i made it clear that by this point the money didnt matter to me and i wanted to get back at the jerk who was trying to tell everyone what to do and be rude about itplus he totally changed his style of play and tilted If you do something like bluff at a pot with an all in fine you can vent on someone but I was doing nothing wrong and this guy became ridiculously abusive as he had with others at the table i was willing to risk placing third to annoy him and in actuality i used the situation to gain chips on himkeeping the short stack around made him less effective and made him raise every single one of his buttons leaving me able to pick him off time and again from the small blind

I think it was both unethical and naive. Not to mention a little dumb. I understand u think you had your reasons but what happens when u go out in third? Your really gonna have pissed off the big bad bully then huh? I can categorically state nothing would pissed him off more than you knocking the dude out, then beating the bully head up and taking first place. Instead you put your whole acc at risk and I for one would have reported you in a minute.

Whatever the guy was doing or saying worked, he won.

As a suggestion for future sng's - I reccommend turning off the chat option.
I agree with this, if you are going to let what players say get you off your game, turn the chat off. Also, do not play live games, this option is not available :roll:
tilting another opponent through any means is nice, but talking about your hand is just not a good thing. this type of play may put me on tilt, but i know it would definately put your name in an email to the site.
It can only lead to your getting in trouble and losing in the end. I was at a table not long ago on PS and had built up a rapport with a guy that I had never met before. Anyway we are chatting back and forth and a new guy sits down, and the guy I had been chatting, who was making hand after hand against me checks a fh on the river to the new guy, which is a great move if you think you can get someone to call. New guy calls and I fold as I had nothing and had been losing to this guy for hours. Well the new guy goes nuts and accuses us of cheating and says he will report us. Well before I started to verbally pound him I asked him if he was joking or serious. Well it became very, clear very quickly that he was serious and was convinced that we were cheating.I went completely ape shit and started to abuse the crap out him, telling him that what the guy did was a great poker move and I have done it myself in the past if I thought that I could check raise on the river. I was reeming him big time, telling him if he wanted to call me a Donkey, Fish whatever I don't care, but don't ever accuse me of cheating. It something I don't do PERIOD!I also told him that if I was colluding with the guy, I must be the worst colluder on the planet since I had lost $600.00 in this ring game.This went on for about ten minutes until I finally got this jerk to apologize. I told him his choice was apologize or I follow him around and abuse the shit out of him for the rest of his miserable life. He chose the apology route.Bottomline if people think you are cheating you can and will be reported. I like playing online so it's not worth it.
Have i made it clear that by this point the money didnt matter to me and i wanted to get back at the jerk who was trying to tell everyone what to do and be rude about itplus he totally changed his style of play and tilted If you do something like bluff at a pot with an all in fine you can vent on someone but I was doing nothing wrong and this guy became ridiculously abusive as he had with others at the table i was willing to risk placing third to annoy him and in actuality i used the situation to gain chips on himkeeping the short stack around made him less effective and made him raise every single one of his buttons leaving me able to pick him off time and again from the small blind
I wish I was so rich so I could say that.