a20 wa/wb (lhe)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converterPreflop: econ_tim is BB with [2d], [Ac]. 3 folds, econ_tim checks.Flop: (2.50 SB) [Td], [Th], [Ah] (2 players)econ_tim checks, MP2 bets, econ_tim calls.Turn: (2.25 BB) [7s] (2 players)econ_tim checks, MP2 bets, econ_tim calls.River: (4.25 BB) [9h] (2 players)econ_tim bets, MP2 calls.Final Pot: 6.25 BBVillain is an agressive player, who will bet and raise with any piece of the flop and overplay his medium strength hands. He is passive preflop, so He could have easily limped with AJ or AQ.First, should I be betting since there are flush and gutshot draws? I don't think he will fold these, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't take free cards.Second, is it best to check/call the river against an agressive player or would bet/call bet all right?

I really don't like this hand. You said yourself that villain will bet or raise with any piece of the flop. Well, if he got a piece of the flop (hence the raising) then you are shit out of luck. I say check-raise the flop to see where you're at. This could also get you a free turn.

To clarify, the villain could bet with a flush draw, a gutshot, a pocket pair, a bad ace. Many of the hands I am ahead of or tied with.
Lol, you're not ahead of a bad ace because you have the worst possible ace, that being said, if he did catch any part of the flop you're steadily beat.Yes, he could have a low pocket pair or gutshot, but I'd have to say check/call down. The river bet is unneccessary, if he's bluffing then hes folding, where as you might induce a river bluff if you check,thus winning another bet. If you get reraised then you should probably fold.

Trouble with raising this flop is you're out of position and you'd have to check first on the turn. Even if he's got an A, he's conterfeited by the TT on the flop (assuming A9 or lower). I kinda like how you played it. I would check/call the river though since we're pretty sure he'll bet with a worse hand and raise with a better one.Jeff

Since only 5 cards play, I'm tied with a lot of bad aces. Look at the board.As for betting the river, this is the standard wa/wb line.flop: check/callturn: check/callriver: bet/foldI wanted to know if the opponent and the board called for a different line.

Since only 5 cards play, I'm tied with a lot of bad aces. Look at the board.As for betting the river, this is the standard wa/wb line.flop: check/callturn: check/callriver: bet/foldI wanted to know if the opponent and the board called for a different line.
You're tied with a lot of bad aces by the river, yes. On the flop you're behind to any Ace besides A2. He probably does have Ace-rag but you shouldnt be calling down hoping for the board to provide a good kicker. You could possibly reraise for a free turn and to find out where you are. River should be check/call, I find it hard to believe youre way ahead on this board. He'd probably raise pre-flop with QQ,KK or JJ, even as passive as he is. I dont think he's betting down with a low pocket pair.
Heads up, should you really be checking there pre-flop? I think raising pre-flop and then betting out on the flop no matter what it looks like might be a better way to play this hand.
That's an interesting idea. What do other people think?This sounds like it could work against a weak player, but I think the Villain might be aggressive enough to raise our flop bets even when we're ahead.
Heads up, should you really be checking there pre-flop? I think raising pre-flop and then betting out on the flop no matter what it looks like might be a better way to play this hand.
That's an interesting idea. What do other people think?This sounds like it could work against a weak player, but I think the Villain might be aggressive enough to raise our flop bets even when we're ahead.
at least bet the flop.There are only 2 aces and 2 10's unaccounted for.You are in the lead the VAST majority here.But to avoid a tough decision, I like your lineAlso, you let 44-KK keep betting.But I don't know if you can so easily go into wa/wb mode...heck..almost any HU hand is that then. In this case, I think you are safe being the aggressor...

Playing Limit, wouldn't it be better to put in the raise on the flop for the small bet to see where you stand, rather than just calling, where you're now left, still out of position, with no more information, and faced with the big bet on the turn and the river?

betting for info against an aggressive player is useless.What if he raise?Do you fold?Would you fold AJ if he raises? Why not? He might have pocket 10's.It's becoming my opininion that you just have to decide whether or not your hand is strong enough to see it to the end or not..in situations such as this, where you are probably ahead and not as concerned about having outs to call properly.

Maybe I should review the way/ahead, way/behind line for my own benefit and anyone else who wants to read it. Please correct me if I'm wrong or let me know what I leave out.In the ideal wa/wb situation, the Hero is out of position with a pretty strong hand that but not the current nuts. Either the villain has the hand beaten and the hero is drawing slim, or the hero has the villain beaten and the villain is drawing to maybe 3 outs.Example 1: I have KK and flop is As 7h 3cExample 2: I have AJ and flop is As 6c 6dIn both hands, If the villain has a better hand, we are in bad shape, but if he has a worse hand, he needs to get lucky.So we check/call to win the most win we're ahead and lose the least when we're behind. Betting/folding on the end is something I'm a little fuzzy about, but I guess the idea is that a lot of people will check behind second-best hands on the river and only raise hands that beat us.Now this hand differs a little from the examples I've given, but I thought it was close enough to apply the same reasoning.