makin my run at it!

Last FridayI posted this...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...3305&highlight=...Since then I begang grinding it out at .05/.10, which after three hours I became very annoyed and frustrated with. I moved up to .25/.50 and built my original $100 bankroll to just under $300. I've now challenged my self to get to $1000 by the end of this week. I believe it's possible. Do you?

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that yes it is possible.Judging by your attention span and reluctance to follow the generally accepted guidelines for bankroll management and the like, is it likely? Not so much. I do however wish you the best of luck, unless of course you run in to me.

Last FridayI posted this...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...3305&highlight=...Since then I begang grinding it out at .05/.10, which after three hours I became very annoyed and frustrated with. I moved up to .25/.50 and built my original $100 bankroll to just under $300. I've now challenged my self to get to $1000 by the end of this week. I believe it's possible. Do you?
Of course it's possible u idiot. Likely no. Possible yes. Y people will continue to play over their bankroll I will never know. For every one person that succeeds at this 10 or more fail. Scared money makes no money and you are scared money playing with a few buyins at the NL table. What's your sn on pokerstars?

I'm not going to play over what my bankroll permits $300 and I'm staying at the .25/.50 NLHE until I reach 1K. I was mostly wondering if it is likely that I will make it to that point. PS SN is the same as on here.

At .10/.25nl making 1k in a week would be an incredible run. You'd have to be good but much more importantly you'd have to get crazy lucky. Make 200 to 400 at that limit would probably be a good week.At those limits an hourly rate of 5 would be pretty good. But in order for an hourly rate to really mean anything you'd need to log lots of hours.I suspect you had lot of good luck just in the run up to 300. You'll often find players accept good runs because they are skilled and then blame the bad runs on luck. Luck runs both way.

Every dog has his day. But after that day is over they usually go broke and blame it on "omg noobs" when they are the ones sitting with 4 buyins as thier BR. Let the guy try it. If he goes broke we'll never hear about it again and if he wins he will undoubtedly make a bragging post and induce other idiots to try it.

What I found funny was the annoyance with the low limit tables. Could you not beat them? I bet ppl kept sucking out on you huh?Again, if you can't bad players, you'll never beat a good one.P.S. - With the stas you provided, I'd probably just jump to 1/2 NL and make your $1000 in the next hour. No need to wait or play within your roll.

Look, there's really no substitute for experience and grinding it up, seriously.It all depends what you want to accomplish, if you want to become a solid poker player, and actually become better, build up your roll the hard way. Tons of hands, lower limits and move up when it is in your bankroll.Trust me, its well worth it.Now I'm not going to say you have to go as slow as me, here's a quick version of my story.Back in feb, I decided to build up my bankroll and cash out a certain amount each week. I had already build up some money, so I started at .10/.25 nl and my rule for those limit is that I wouldn't move up until i had 10x the max buy in. I grinded for a long time, well, 8 months isn't really that long ;-) . But I cashed out 300 every week at those lower limits, and now I've been at .50/1 nl for a while cashing out more (its always necessary to take your roll for a bigger monitor, more ram, and saving up for a motorcycle ;-) ) and not going to move up until i have 25 buyins for 1/2, Im very very adverse to risk.But my point is, all the time at the lower limit, and all the 10's of thousands of hands, really gets you a feel for the game. You'll be crushing those limits, which is necessary experience, imo, before moving up to the next limit.Whatever you do choose though, gl to ya.

It's goin pretty good as of now I'm up to $360 made a little over $60 today. I actually have pretty bad luck, but i know how to take pots. I'm not an awesome player but I know what it takes to keep winning. As for moving up in limits not until I make that 1k in .25/.50.

It's goin pretty good as of now I'm up to $360 made a little over $60 today. I actually have pretty bad luck, but i know how to take pots. I'm not an awesome player but I know what it takes to keep winning. As for moving up in limits not until I make that 1k in .25/.50.
When you move up, I'll be waiting to take your money. ;-)You're on stars right?
I'm not going to play over what my bankroll permits $300 and I'm staying at the .25/.50 NLHE until I reach 1K. I was mostly wondering if it is likely that I will make it to that point. PS SN is the same as on here.
you wont be able to do that.edit: i thought we were talking about limit here. this changes things, now im gonna say that you wont be able to do it.
i made 1,000 this week just playing .25-.50 NL
I'll make a $1000 this and every week working my two jobs. It ain't pretty, it ain't glamorous, but it's life in the real world. Not having to worry if you'll win enough to make the mortgage payment this month is +EV.

Sorry but you guys are totally wrong, I sometimes play 8 tables for up to 8 hours, thats roughly 6000 hands. If your average BB/100 at 1/2 is 4-5 then that is about 200 - 300 dollars a day. Playing at NL your BB/100 can be easily above 10 if you are good at picking tables.This guy I agree probably won't do it, but it is very possible to make 1000 dollars in 1 or 2 days let alone a week.