why i hate the leafs

ah let me count the ways.1. they are owned by teachers. good on the teachers, but cmon now. a hockey team owned by a group of people makin 33k/year? get some owners.2. whenever a free agent signs with another team, every single leafs fan feels as though they were stolen from the leafs, and then gets pissed off that the leafs didn't sign them. no matter who it is, there is always the comment "would've like to see him in the blue and white. what is (insert gm name here) doin?" forget the new cap and the fact that the leafs have about 10 million to sign 9 players. they should be exempt right?3. hockey night in canada. i watch it religiously, which is my own fault i guess, but i have to swallow a leafs game every single week no matter who is playin'm or who the other game has. 4. they suck, and every year find a way not to win the cup (losing to carolina in the east finals? cmon) yet every year is now "their year". at least reasonable fans can tell when they have no shot. i didn't think the flames had a chance for pretty much the last 9 years. now why i love the leafs.1. they have 4.56 million tied up in a 40+ injured goalie.2. bryan mccabe, MAYBE in the top 30 defence in the league, is makin 3.5 million.3. 29 million tied up in 9 players (but they may get to screw nolan out of his contract)4. they think jeff o'neil is the answer to all their problems.5. they won't make the playoffs this year and toronto will freak. and i love it.

ah let me count the ways.1. they are owned by teachers.  good on the teachers, but cmon now.  a hockey team owned by a group of people makin 33k/year?  get some owners.2.  whenever a free agent signs with another team, every single leafs fan feels as though they were stolen from the leafs, and then gets censored off that the leafs didn't sign them.  no matter who it is, there is always the comment "would've like to see him in the blue and white.  what is (insert gm name here) doin?"  forget the new cap and the fact that the leafs have about 10 million to sign 9 players.  they should be exempt right?3.  hockey night in canada.  i watch it religiously, which is my own fault i guess, but i have to swallow a leafs game every single week no matter who is playin'm or who the other game has.  4.  they suck, and every year find a way not to win the cup (losing to carolina in the east finals?  cmon) yet every year is now "their year".  at least reasonable fans can tell when they have no shot.  i didn't think the flames had a chance for pretty much the last 9 years.  now why i love the leafs.1.  they have 4.56 million tied up in a 40+ injured goalie.2.  bryan mccabe, MAYBE in the top 30 defence in the league, is makin 3.5 million.3.  29 million tied up in 9 players (but they may get to screw nolan out of his contract)4. they think jeff o'neil is the answer to all their problems.5. they won't make the playoffs this year and toronto will freak.  and i love it.
I hate you..Calgary... biggest choke ever... have a good season without gelly
before you reply with something about amonte and mccarty.....amonte will be injured before the all star breakand mcwashed up is all i have to say
mccarty------800,000/year. tie domi--------1.25 million/yearleafs are off to a roaring start. can't throw money at their problems any more and their inept hockey sense is shinin right through.by the way, amonte has only missed more then 2 games in a season twice in his career. good call on the injury prediction. lots of backup there.mcwashed up? from a team with belfour as their goalie, domi re-uping for over a million, and a captain who's been on a downward spiral for years, that takes alot of guts to say. plus you lost roberts, leetch, and nieuwendyk. the washed-up players won't even touch your team. but i'm sure jeff o'neil will help, along with possibly allison and lindros. lol. mcwashed up. good one.

Just for the record Belfour had his best season last year with the leafs since the 1998 season with the stars. So tell me again how he's washed up? Oh its an age thing right?Sundin - He was 13th in scoring in the league last year with 75 pts, he's a great captain and leader for the leafs - hardly washed up.Domi - I agree, he's a sloppy joe. Why the hell did they sign him with the lil' money they got? He should've been last on their priority list. Major waste in my opinion.

I hate the Leafs because I'm expected to...QEW rivals baby!Actually, I have a lot of respect for the Leafs, although I wish they'd get themselves a Cup already so I don't have to listen to every announcer at every game say "Although the Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won the Stanley Cup since..." Every Game. They can wait until the Sabres get their payback for No Goal though.

before you reply with something about amonte and mccarty.....amonte will be injured before the all star breakand mcwashed up is all i have to say
mccarty------800,000/year. tie domi--------1.25 million/year
You have got to be kidding about Tie Domi. When did he become a good goal scorer in this league? I mean seriously 20 goals a year is expected from a forward. I think he's being overpaid for his services.
Domi - I agree, he's a sloppy joe.  Why the hell did they sign him with the lil' money they got?  He should've been last on their priority list.  Major waste in my opinion.
I think Montréal and Toronto just missed a huge opportunity with André Roy who is in my own opinion the best power forward/fighter/trouble maker in the NHL. Pittsburgh just signed him, great move to protect Crosby.
Domi - I agree, he's a sloppy joe.  Why the hell did they sign him with the lil' money they got?  He should've been last on their priority list.  Major waste in my opinion.
I think Montréal and Toronto just missed a huge opportunity with André Roy who is in my own opinion the best power forward/fighter/trouble maker in the NHL. Pittsburgh just signed him, great move to protect Crosby.
Amen to André Roy. He is a role player, but he is one of the best at what he does. I thought he had an excellent playoff, and it says something when he got dressed over stillman in games 6 and 7 of the finals. It was strange that the Sens traded him in the first place.
Just for the record Belfour had his best season last year with the leafs since the 1998 season with the stars. So tell me again how he's washed up? Oh its an age thing right?Sundin - He was 13th in scoring in the league last year with 75 pts, he's a great captain and leader for the leafs - hardly washed up.Domi - I agree, he's a sloppy joe. Why the hell did they sign him with the lil' money they got? He should've been last on their priority list. Major waste in my opinion.
yeah, belfour played well 2 years ago but a full year off = more rust for a goalie then a forward or defence, and i still don't think he's healthy. a back injury like he has isn't something that just goes away with rest. he won't play anywhere near a full goalie schedule (60-65 games)sundin has been a great captain and he does very well in that market and i really liked him before he went to the leafs. but he is completely overpaid comparatively now and is going to continue eating up cap room. now with allison signing, they have another injury-prone player playing at home in the pressure cooker that is toronto, and they don't have a deep farm. they are in long-term trouble. and just for the record, i love it :club:
Domi - I agree, he's a sloppy joe. Why the hell did they sign him with the lil' money they got? He should've been last on their priority list. Major waste in my opinion.
Amen to André Roy. He is a role player, but he is one of the best at what he does. I thought he had an excellent playoff, and it says something when he got dressed over stillman in games 6 and 7 of the finals. It was strange that the Sens traded him in the first place.
thats cause he is nuts. good protector for crosby, but the kind of headcase who would take a run at him at practice if sid the kid pissed him off.
  • 7 years later...

ah let me count the ways.1. they are owned by teachers. good on the teachers, but cmon now. a hockey team owned by a group of people makin 33k/year? get some owners.2. whenever a free agent signs with another team, every single leafs fan feels as though they were stolen from the leafs, and then gets pissed off that the leafs didn't sign them. no matter who it is, there is always the comment "would've like to see him in the blue and white. what is (insert gm name here) doin?" forget the new cap and the fact that the leafs have about 10 million to sign 9 players. they should be exempt right?3. hockey night in canada. i watch it religiously, which is my own fault i guess, but i have to swallow a leafs game every single week no matter who is playin'm or who the other game has. 4. they suck, and every year find a way not to win the cup (losing to carolina in the east finals? cmon) yet every year is now "their year". at least reasonable fans can tell when they have no shot. i didn't think the flames had a chance for pretty much the last 9 years. now why i love the leafs.1. they have 4.56 million tied up in a 40+ injured goalie.2. bryan mccabe, MAYBE in the top 30 defence in the league, is makin 3.5 million.3. 29 million tied up in 9 players (but they may get to screw nolan out of his contract)4. they think jeff o'neil is the answer to all their problems.5. they won't make the playoffs this year and toronto will freak. and i love it.

You are a loser..come back

Either that or those silly 2005 people had no grammar.

I feel like that Chester guy would be totally jusitified in dropping by and posting a reply in this thread just to gloat about how bad the Leafs have sucked for the last 7 years.

Either that or those silly 2005 people had no grammar.

it's the forum code for sure...it's the same reason you'll never find a single thread from the old forum that features any capitalization in the title.