help with low limit...

Hey guys, I'm wanting to try out some low limit hold 'em, only problem is I don't ever play it, I don't really know what I'm doing, lol. I normally play NL SNG's and MTT's at Party Poker. Should I start out with the Lee Jones book?? Any other book suggestions? I have Poker Academy Pro 2.0, but I haven't really played the AI much in limit, I have heard it's pretty good though. I hear the .50/1 games at PP are pretty loose too. Any help would be appreciated.

Small stakes holdem is a great book to get as well as the limit section in super system 2 by jennifer harmon. Both should help out a lot. If you are looking to get your feet wet with party with no money down, check out instantbankroll.com. They'll give you $75 free if you haven't had a party account and you can test the waters. I would love the referral: shinychickenPM me if you need any help

I used instantbankroll to get my account originally on PP, that's the only time I've ever played limit. I got in my raked hands, and went right to the SNG's. Thanks for the advice though, i'll check it out.

If you want to move to LHE, then SSHE is a must.If you want to keep playing SnGs, then move to a better site than Party.Try Stars (I've never played them, but people here say they're good), Ultimate Bet, FullTilt, or Bodog. Some people don't like bodog's SnGs, but I find them very profitable.

Small stakes holdem is a great book to get as well as the limit section in super system 2 by jennifer harmon.  Both should help out a lot.  If you are looking to get your feet wet with party with no money down, check out instantbankroll.com.  They'll give you $75 free if you haven't had a party account and you can test the waters.  I would love the referral:  shinychickenPM me if you need any help
Woah, woah, woah. If I remember correctly, Jen Harman's advice isn't for low limit hold'em, but more for the higher stakes. If this is true, this certainly shouldn't be reccomended.OP: You sound like a good addition to the strategy section. So, order Small Stakes Hold'em by David Sklansky, Ed miller, and Mason Malmuth and check out the strategy section of this website.

If you read SSHE and SS2 Limit section, they mirror each other in a lot of ways. You are able to play off of each of them. Certainly she is talking about playing for larger stakes, but isn't the rest of the book as well? NL section is the best to read on the subject of NL cash games regardless of the stakes, IMO. Reread both books and then come back at me.

Dont read any books written by Cardplayer authors. I dont know what it is, but these dimwits write the most unimaginative obvious ABC advice in print. In fact I remember one specific Lee Jones article dedicated to not using the raise pre-action button in NL tournaments because it only minraises. Really? I always thought this was like as obvious as the day is long, but the man wrote a whole article on the subject. So yeah I wouldnt spend any money on his book.

OP:  You sound like a good addition to the strategy section.  So, order Small Stakes Hold'em by David Sklansky, Ed miller, and Mason Malmuth and check out the strategy section of this website.
NL section is the best to read on the subject of NL cash games regardless of the stakes, IMO.
Errr, wrong. While it's really the only book right now on NL cash games, the advice is horrible at the low limits. You'll go broke fairly quickly. For NL cash games, I once again have to point to poker forums. However, 2+2 has much more on NL cash games than this forum does, so I would suggest them.
NL section is the best to read on the subject of NL cash games regardless of the stakes, IMO.
Errr, wrong. While it's really the only book right now on NL cash games, the advice is horrible at the low limits. You'll go broke fairly quickly. For NL cash games, I once again have to point to poker forums. However, 2+2 has much more on NL cash games than this forum does, so I would suggest them.
Millers section in beginning He is pretty good. Its almost the exact opposite of SS for obvious reasons.
Millers section in beginning He is pretty good. Its almost the exact opposite of SS for obvious reasons.
So it's scared poker?I really don't think there's a NLHE cash game book out there worth reccomending right now. I think forums, at this point, are your best bet.
So it's scared poker?I really don't think there's a NLHE cash game book out there worth reccomending right now. I think forums, at this point, are your best bet.
half the reason i dont play nl..i do like some of the concept that harrington talks about in his book on nl tourneys..with some imagination you can apply it to a cash game...but yeah at low limits..just look for posts from people especially on 2+2
Its a decent strategy against non thinking players. Its pretty much instep w/ what respected posters @2+2 about lowblind NL.