talking smack heads up

I was just playing a 50 heads up on starsI had K3 with the 3 of clubsafter four cards and three clubs my opponent bet 40 i called loosely and when the k of clubs hit the river won after we both checkedsure a really really loose call but he then called me a moron and said that i was easy moneyi then called off all his money to my AK with an ace on the flop with his ace 4i don't know what it is but when someone calls me an idiot i try ten times harder and almost always win as i talk smack backanyone agree riling your opponent is a bad ideaespecially heads up people mock me for raising pre flop with crap when its checked downam I supposed to only raise with aces?

just keep raising - Preflop play is very important Heads up. Who cares if they're talking shat to you - just keep doing it. Sometimes I'll question a guys raise just to make him tilt a little. Remember that everything you do should have a purpose. If talking it up helps your mental game (circa Josh Arieh) then go nuts.

I dunno, for some reason table talk really gets to me. I'm a really laidback, nice person. Away from the poker table. When someone trash talks me at the poker table, I tend to go Hellmuth style and get blinded by my cards. It's the biggest hole in my game, and I routinely have to go for walks when I'm playing a long session. So maybe there's something to table talk.

i never talk smack, usually, unless someone else is being dumb. I'll usually defend myself, or the person being attacked.although, when i ran bad I did take it out on a few poor souls..so i took a little break for a week or two.- Jordan

I'm a big fan of reverse psychology. I will answer venom with honey. I tell them everytime I fold I will pray for them. Tell them "if you're good enough for Jesus, you're good enough for me". Ask them if they were abused as a child, and if so that " I am so sorry". Man, this line of dialogue usually sends them over the edge and they go tilty or leave. *L*T*

I'm with you keith crime - if someone's being a dick then beating them becomes its own reward regardless of what money I make off it. This afternoon I played for about two hours with this loose donkey who talked trash the whole time - I entertained him because I knew eventually I'd nail him. Then in two hands my day got significantly better: drained him with QQ, he bought in again, and I cleaned him out the very next hand (bluffed off his chips when I had trip J's that became quads).

talking smack always bothers me because there is no "correct" way to play each hand you are delt. when everyone has their own style i hate seeing people criticise others for how the play. it bothers me. but those are the people who get bounties on their heads and get busted. so just ignore him and let him continue to play badly... more money for you.

Truthfully, I find poker trash talk to most pathetic thing in the world not named Smasharoo. I remember one guy who busted my aces with 23o after calling my preflop all-in (I had him outchipped) and started puffing up his chest about "How do you lose with aces? You play ME!" Of course, when it got to the two of us headsup, I came back from a 9-1 deficit to win. At best, you look like a jerk. At worst, you like like a total moron (like the dude above). If you are not just talking smack but criticizing the guy's play, there are two scenarios. Either 1) Your criticism is correct and you just made your opponent a better player or 2)Your citicism is incorrect and you just made yourself look like a moron.Be the classy guy. be fun for everyone at the table. Make sure everyone has a great time giving you their money, and it iwll be something they will want to do again. And be sure to take their money, when they give it to you.