riddle at a poker game

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have heard it and it is also stated this way(not sure if it will make a difference):A man walks into a pub and sits down at the bar, and simply orders a water. The bartender looks at the man, and then, quickly pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says "Thank you," and leaves. Why did they behave this way?
he was a hostage. He had walked in with another man who had a gun pointed at him.
ok, heres another answer. The guy walked into a gay bar without knowing it, and was happy to be told to leave.
No. And i'm guessing that you're from UCLA judging from your name.figures you'd get it wrong. :-)
i have heard it and it is also stated this way(not sure if it will make a difference):A man walks into a pub and sits down at the bar, and simply orders a water. The bartender looks at the man, and then, quickly pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says "Thank you," and leaves. Why did they behave this way?
he was a hostage. He had walked in with another man who had a gun pointed at him.
No. Interesting theory though.
My answer is that this is just a ploy be Sapphire to pad his post count by quoting something and typing in no over and over.
I don't really need to pad my post count. that's what "sapphiretiger's random poker post of the day" was. well it started that way anyway, and then i did it because it was fun. and then i stopped because i started working so i got lazy.
ok, heres another answer. The guy walked into a gay bar without knowing it, and was happy to be told to leave.
No. And i'm guessing that you're from UCLA judging from your name.figures you'd get it wrong. :-)
no i dont go to UCLA but judging from your location and comment, i would say you either go to Davis or SC, so it figures you would get it wrong :club:

OK, here's one. You are in a room with a panel of 3 light switches, one of which controls a light in an upstairs room of the house that you are in. the other 2 switches control nothing. You cannot see the room upstairs from your position downstairs. You can only go upstairs once to see if the light is turned on (it is presently off). How can you tell which switch controls the light?

The man had the hiccups, until of course the bartender scared the censored out of him with the shotgun
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you beat me to it, wish i woulda seen this thread earlierbut ya, he has the hiccupstook me a minute but i got it then was so excited, but then had my dreams crushed :club:
OK, here's one.  You are in a room with a panel of 3 light switches, one of which controls a light in an upstairs room of the house that you are in.  the other 2 switches control nothing.  You cannot see the room upstairs from your position downstairs.  You can only go upstairs once to see if the light is turned on (it is presently off).  How can you tell which switch controls the light?
ask the electrician
The man had the hiccups, until of course the bartender scared the censored out of him with the shotgun
good job. now i hope you didn't just know the answer and ruin it for everyone.
id never heard this before and i figured it outdo i get a cookie?
OK, here's one.  You are in a room with a panel of 3 light switches, one of which controls a light in an upstairs room of the house that you are in.  the other 2 switches control nothing.  You cannot see the room upstairs from your position downstairs.  You can only go upstairs once to see if the light is turned on (it is presently off).  How can you tell which switch controls the light?
ask the electrician
no
i know i know!! but i wont' tell.

good job. now i hope you didn't just know the answer and ruin it for everyone.I really hope you are kidding. You wanted everyone to sit here and guess and make up stupid, granted funny, responses? I actually didn't know the answer to YOUR question. Then there was the man who posted it in other words, and then it clicked. Sorry if this ruined your fun.

Guest Anonymous
so the guy goes to the bar to get a drink for his hiccups loses them and doesnt get a drink? WTF
Guest Anonymous
I really hope you are kidding. You wanted everyone to sit here and guess and make up stupid' date=' granted funny, responses? I actually didn't know the answer to YOUR question. Then there was the man who posted it in other words, and then it clicked. Sorry if this ruined your fun.[/quote']turn on two switches at once
I really hope you are kidding. You wanted everyone to sit here and guess and make up stupid' date=' granted funny' date=' responses? I actually didn't know the answer to YOUR question. Then there was the man who posted it in other words, and then it clicked. Sorry if this ruined your fun.[/quote'']turn on two switches at once
yes, then what?