why go with phil ivey

Among the railbirds was an older couple wearing homemade Ivey paraphernalia – t-shirts silk-screened with Ivey’s image and massive buttons sporting his picture. The man held a placard with the words “Go Phil Ivey” assembled from large black stencils. I remember them from last years broadcast.And it's really pathetic that you plagerized something and gave no credit.
Understand definitions of words you are going to use. Then spell these words correctly.
First, I misread it and apologized.Second, here you go:http://www.englishforum.com/
Alright I apologise. :-)
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know Ivey played in cash games, before his touriment successes, duh. But what he did NOT do, as opposed to EVERYONE else in the big game is slowly grind his way up the ranks, rank after rank, untill he made it into the big game.Yeah, he went from 1/5 stud to 4,000/8,000.

Yes, I know Ivey played in cash games, before his touriment successes, duh. But what he did NOT do, as opposed to EVERYONE else in the big game is slowly grind his way up the ranks, rank after rank, untill he made it into the big game.Yeah, he went from 1/5 stud to 4,000/8,000.
You think IVey had the bankroll to play in the big game before his tourniment success? Care to wager on that?

You think IVey had the bankroll to play in the big game before his tourniment success? Care to wager on that?You think he won tournaments before he ground out 100,000 hands of Stud?Haha, man I'm great.You're wrong, let it go.

3) he is the ONLY tourniment player to parley tourniment success into success in the biggest cash game in the world Um.  Doyle.Both started with cash games, anyway.
Um, I know you feel the need to churp in about every post you see, but Doyle didn't take the money he won in tourniments, and use it to play in the biggest games in the world, and then beat them, he took the money he won in the biggest games in the world, and played in tourniments.Ivey, on the other hand, took the money he won from the tourniments, and played with it in the biggest games in the world. Thus, PARLEYING it.Yes, I know Ivey played in cash games, before his touriment successes, duh. But what he did NOT do, as opposed to EVERYONE else in the big game is slowly grind his way up the ranks, rank after rank, untill he made it into the big game.
Um, yeah he did. He went from 75/150 to 400/800. He then moved up to 1k/2k and then the big game. His tournament winnings up to the time he started playing in the big game would not be enough for a solid bankroll in the big game.
You think IVey had the bankroll to play in the big game before his tourniment success? Care to wager on that?You think he won tournaments before he ground out 100,000 hands of Stud?Haha, man I'm great.You're wrong, let it go.
Before his tourniment success? I repeat my question. if you don't wanna wager, then you're wrong, so shut up.

I know for a fact that Ivey started playing in the big game at least as early late '03. Now go to the Hendon Mob database and look up his wins up to that point and tell me that they even come close to producing the size roll needed to play in the big game. This is not inclding living expenses.

Before his tourniment success? I repeat my question. if you don't wanna wager, then you're wrong, so shut up.You haven't offered a wager that relates in any way to your orignial post.Let provide an example of what you've done.You're functionally retarded chimpansee.Oh you're not? Do you want to wager that the Earth doesn't revolve around the sun?You're clearly a monkey then!Do you see?

Before his tourniment success? I repeat my question. if you don't wanna wager, then you're wrong, so shut up.You haven't offered a wager that relates in any way to your orignial post.Let provide an example of what you've done.You're functionally retarded chimpansee.Oh you're not? Do you want to wager that the Earth doesn't revolve around the sun?You're clearly a monkey then!Do you see?
You DON"T want to wager that Phil Ivey Parleyed his tourniment wins into a bankroll for the big game. Ah, I understand now, it's all so clear. So now you'll be shutting up.

With the flop showing 10-7-3 Johnny Howard checks to Phil Ivey who bets out $200,000. The turn is a 9. Howard again checks to Ivey who again bets $200,000. The river is a 5. Howard checks again, and this time Ivey bets $600,000. After a moment, Howard calls. Ivey shows 5-5 for a set of 5's. Howard mucks. Ivey rakes the pot and ends up with a total of $4,000,000 in front of him. Howard is left with less than $800,000.

Date / Time: 2005-07-13 21:25:00 Title: Phil Ivey Playing Well Log: On the flop of J-J-9 Minh Ly bets out $250,000, and Phil Ivey reraises him to $750,000. Ly folds. I think Ivey needs to win this. It may be his last chance to capture the title.

You DON"T want to wager that Phil Ivey Parleyed his tourniment wins into a bankroll for the big game. Ah, I understand now, it's all so clear. So now you'll be shutting up.Sure, I'll wager $1,000.Demonstrate that most of his bankroll came from tournaments or pay me.Netteller is fine, thanks.

You DON"T want to wager that Phil Ivey Parleyed his tourniment wins into a bankroll for the big game. Ah, I understand now, it's all so clear. So now you'll be shutting up.Sure, I'll wager $1,000.Demonstrate that most of his bankroll came from tournaments or pay me.Netteller is fine, thanks.
When he's playing on Full Tilt..

Let me get this straight....So is BigD saying tourney winnings came first?And Smash saying Cash games came before the Tournies?If that's right. I agree with Smash.

Backing out, huh?Not unexpected.Kind of sad, really.Stop offering wagers, you're credibility is gone.Thanks.
But seriously, if you want to wager on what his answer will be on Full Tilt, I'd be happy to..and ignoring the question isn't a wager option.
I'm saying that his tourniment wins allowed him to play in the big game.
Hmmm... A bit different.But I would imagine he worked his way up, part from tournament money, but also climbling the skill ladder along the way. Kind of a toss up.

Your chaning your statement over and over in a futie attempt not to be wrong.Grow the **** up, be a man and just say "Really, I have no idea, but I though't I'd make some shit up that I might have overheard VVP say on WPT.Thanks.You can shut up now.HAHAHA. Man, I'm the greatest.

Your chaning your statement over and over in a futie attempt not to be wrong.Grow the censored up, be a man and just say "Really, I have no idea, but I though't I'd make some shit up that I might have overheard VVP say on WPT.Thanks.You can shut up now.HAHAHA. Man, I'm the greatest.
You don't want to wager on what the answer to this question, put to phil Ivey, on Full Contact poker, would be " Phil, Did you parley your touniment winnings into being able to play in the big game" which, if you go back to my first post on the issue, is what I said to begin with. Oh what's that? you don't? I didn't think you did.

Seems to me u both come across as bit of a dumbazz because from the posts it seems that U both agree on the same thing ... i could be wrong....and continue to argue that the other is wrong...Now i'm high as a kite and may have read something wrong but...

You don't want to wager on what the answer to this question, put to phil Ivey, on Full Contact poker, would be " Phil, Did you parley your touniment winnings into being able to play in the big game" which, if you go back to my first post on the issue, is what I said to begin with. Oh what's that? you don't? I didn't think you did.I don't wager with people who have no credibility who I have no reason to believe would ever pay.When someone changes the wager statement repeadetly, they have zero credibiity.I'm also not going to hang around Full Tilt waiting to ask Phill Ivey a question I allready know the answer to so that you can then not pay me.You lost this argument about 5 posts ago, now you're just making a pathetic display of yourself. Yes, you lost an argument with me. I was right and you were wrong. You lost face.Deal with it.Grow the **** up.