I dont see how he is crushing the 100/200 in Vegas when the club players I talk to in Dallas say that he was a very average player in the 15/30 holdem games here. Go figure? And those statements were made about his play right before he got famous. This dude was considered a decent player int the Dallas club scene, he wins 3.5mill and now has the funds to enter any tournament he wants, because he can play everything hes gonna get some good finishes.
I didn't use the word crushing, I used the word beating, there's a difference. He also has access to much better players than he did when he lived in dallas
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe in the sense that he can talk to his buds DN and E-Dog, but the average Dallas club player is a very good player, very few donkeys around here, unlike Vegas where there are very few average players. Its a whole bunch of superstars and then a bunch of terrible fish.

yeah, david must blow since he is beating 100/200 in vegas at the age of 24/25. yup man he really does suck
100/200?Tell you what.....I'll give my dog 3.5 million and I am sure he would beat the 100/200 game in Vegas also....Look...David Williams is a good player....but lets stop trying to put him in the Poker Hall of Fame....
I'm not putting him in the HoF, but c'mon, your dog could beat 100/200, now you're just getting silly. 100/200 is high stakes poker and you don't see that many guys in their early mid-20s beating that limit
You underestimate the power of 3.5 million dollars sitting in a bank.
you grossly underestimate my comprehension level of financial figures. Pop in ferris Bueller's day off, that is where I grew up, so I ahve a much higher comprehension level of financial figures than you feel like giving me credit for
I gotcha...and I am not slighting you...but I am just saying....alot of money helps your poker skill.
I dont see how he is crushing the 100/200 in Vegas when the club players I talk to in Dallas say that he was a very average player in the 15/30 holdem games here. Go figure? And those statements were made about his play right before he got famous. This dude was considered a decent player int the Dallas club scene, he wins 3.5mill and now has the funds to enter any tournament he wants, because he can play everything hes gonna get some good finishes. The 5-5 hand was terrible. Calling would of made sense if he was just gonna make it a stop and go play but he dark-checked. But even so, if he doesent dark check what if the flop comes Q-J-8. Now your sitting there with 1/3 of your stack in the pot, and your thinking its almost impossible for your hand to be good. That is a terrible play. Stop and go would of been fine, folding preflop would have been fine, moveing all in preflop would have been fine, the worst imagineable play would be to call and then dark check to your opponent, just plain awful. I guarantee you D.WIlliams would tell you that himself.
Couldn't have said it better myself.....

The worst part was that David Williams then told Arieh "I FELT IT!"Josh Arieh had that "Look...another Donkey gets rewarded for their terrible play." look.

Maybe in the sense that he can talk to his buds DN and E-Dog, but the average Dallas club player is a very good player, very few donkeys around here, unlike Vegas where there are very few average players. Its a whole bunch of superstars and then a bunch of terrible fish.
I have no doubts on the skill of the texas club players, its just there is a lot of easy acess to great players out in vegas for david right now. I feel that a lot of pros want to help him out, so there is an advantage for him. He is also helped by all of the idiots who exist at many of the limits in vegas
go to sleep kdawg! and why arent you multi tabling?
lol, about to. I finished up ealrier, and was talking to a friend on the phone for a while :club:
joshrogo you are probably the biggest douche bag that has ever posted on this site. First off he has a genius level IQ which is probably twenty times yours, thats why he makes such fast decisions. If youve ever played at all you probably realize well mabye you dont but most players do that the first gut feeling is usually the right one. He will win more bracelets in the next two years than you will ever even make final tables. You F'ng moron. But hey what do I know you're a railbird whose a legend in his own mind.
i never claimed to be a great player .. williams does suck .. he had one or two lucky tournies, moneymaker and varkonyi have had one or two, too .. genius level IQ -- dont believe everything u read or hear on TV .. he is no genius .. he will not win any bracelets, i stick by that .. He has never, nor will he ever win a major event .. both final tables of any significance, last year's main event and borgota vs daniel, he made horrible decisions and imploded .. he is a loser
I've never seen Williams make a correct decision.
I've played against David in cash games. While he might not always make the best fundamental plays, his reads are better than anyone I have ever seen... Daniel included.When he gets more experience, he will be on the best players in the world. That said, limit holdem is likely is best game. I would not be surprised to see him make a final table
He has never, nor will he ever win a major event .. both final tables of any significance, last year's main event and borgota vs daniel, he made horrible decisions and imploded .. he is a loser
Yep.. huge loser.... never gonna finish better than 2nd in a tourney ever....... lucky bastard.Seriously, the dark check was a bad play, and he certainly leans to a looser style than alot of the top pros that we watch, and looser than any of us could possibly consider good play... and he certainly made some miscues in that TV event vs. Erin Ness.But calling him a loser? That's so far off the track of reality as to be laughable. Has he made some final table mistakes? Yes. But so have other really good players. .. look at Dan Harrington getting busted out on a naked bluff. It's not like he pulled a Varkonyi, getting to one final table and then disappearing, so give the kid at least some credit.

Yea, you guys are idiots. David Williams NEVER makes any correct decisions. I mean cmon, he came in SECOND! OBVIOUSLY HE MADE WRONG DECISIONS IF HE COULDN'T EVEN WIN!!! LOLLERSKATES!!!(sw)

Well he looked like an idiot thinking with his dick when he played Erin.But then again if was tring to hit that....... :twisted:

He has never, nor will he ever win a major event .. both final tables of any significance, last year's main event and borgota vs daniel, he made horrible decisions and imploded .. he is a loser
Yep.. huge loser.... never gonna finish better than 2nd in a tourney ever....... lucky censored.Seriously, the dark check was a bad play, and he certainly leans to a looser style than alot of the top pros that we watch, and looser than any of us could possibly consider good play... and he certainly made some miscues in that TV event vs. Erin Ness.But calling him a loser? That's so far off the track of reality as to be laughable. Has he made some final table mistakes? Yes. But so have other really good players. .. look at Dan Harrington getting busted out on a naked bluff. It's not like he pulled a Varkonyi, getting to one final table and then disappearing, so give the kid at least some credit.
It wasn't a naked bluff....Harrington had a double belly buster str8 draw.
Well he looked like an idiot thinking with his dick when he played Erin.But then again if was tring to hit that....... :twisted:
Come on like he was taking that nonsense seriously. Reading this thread it is obvious it divides into two camps:Haters and rational people.The guy is fresh out of college and has two runner-up finishes, one in a prestigious WPT event and one at WSOP main event. Yeah what a loser.Honestly did you guys even listen to yourselves talk....or do you just drift in and out like peter griffin.Anyone who says Williams stinks or is some bozo who got lucky or has gingivits or whatever needs to grow up and stop being a jealous weenie. Is he destined to be a fabulous poker star for years to come? Maybe not....he certainly made some mistakes at those final tables. He also made some brilliant moves especially heads up against the proprietor of this website (who needed some sick cards heads up to beat David)Grow up people.
I've played against David in cash games. While he might not always make the best fundamental plays, his reads are better than anyone I have ever seen... Daniel included.When he gets more experience, he will be on the best players in the world. That said, limit holdem is likely is best game. I would not be surprised to see him make a final table
You see....this is what I was saying should stop.....Come on now!!!!!!!!!!
The worst part was that David Williams then told Arieh "I FELT IT!"Josh Arieh had that "Look...another Donkey gets rewarded for their terrible play." look.
I think that it is safe to say that he is better now then he was back then.He knows that was a bad play and has moved on.
Dont let one guys exaggerations cloud you on this issue though!I, too, highly doubt he will ever be one of the greatest to ever play. However, it is clear that he does not stink and it is more clear that he has made a correct decision or two during his poker playing.I thought for the most part he played very well in the Borgata WPT last year. I was impressed. He made some great plays and some bad ones but in the end Daniel had the better cards heads up. I just cant stand how people on this site want to tear everyone down all the time...its weird.(Except for that guy Danny Nguyen. He actually was terrible....)
Dont let one guys exaggerations cloud you on this issue though!I, too, highly doubt he will ever be one of the greatest to ever play. However, it is clear that he does not stink and it is more clear that he has made a correct decision or two during his poker playing.I thought for the most part he played very well in the Borgata WPT last year. I was impressed. He made some great plays and some bad ones but in the end Daniel had the better cards heads up. I just cant stand how people on this site want to tear everyone down all the time...its weird.(Except for that guy Danny Nguyen. He actually was terrible....)
OH...David Williams is a good player.....but do you know how many players of his caliber there are? ALOT.He has money so he will improve and I do see him doing well down the line......
Come on like he was taking that nonsense seriously. Reading this thread it is obvious it divides into two camps:Haters and rational people.The guy is fresh out of college and has two runner-up finishes, one in a prestigious WPT event and one at WSOP main event. Yeah what a loser.Honestly did you guys even listen to yourselves talk....or do you just drift in and out like peter griffin.Anyone who says Williams stinks or is some bozo who got lucky or has gingivits or whatever needs to grow up and stop being a jealous weenie. Is he destined to be a fabulous poker star for years to come? Maybe not....he certainly made some mistakes at those final tables. He also made some brilliant moves especially heads up against the proprietor of this website (who needed some sick cards heads up to beat David)Grow up people.
STFU as$I never said he stinks. Notice the smile!I like David, but he did look stupid against her.
OH...David Williams is a good player.....but do you know how many players of his caliber there are? ALOT.He has money so he will improve and I do see him doing well down the line......
The important question is: how many players were of his caliber at his age? not many. i can think of a handful. seriously, maybe five. and p.s. having a large bankroll doesn't automatically make you a winning player. i don't understand the logic behind that argument at all. a losing player is still a losing player, even if he's only losing 0.1% of his bankroll per session.
The important question is: how many players were of his caliber at his age? not many. i can think of a handful. seriously, maybe five. and p.s. having a large bankroll doesn't automatically make you a winning player. i don't understand the logic behind that argument at all. a losing player is still a losing player, even if he's only losing 0.1% of his bankroll per session.
A large bankroll allows you to play more comfortably and that helps...it also allows you to learn for a longer time than others at a smaller level.With a couple million in investments working for you...you can afford to lose....and learn...And the only way you really learn in poker is by losing....and correcting the leaks that made you lose....As for players at his age that are of his caliber....there are plenty....I MEAN PLENTY....

David williams is just an average player that caught cards for a week. You didnt ever see him make plays at any pots. david Williams can win if he catches cards, the great players dont need cards to win. i watched David Williams play when I was at the WSOP the first week and he didnt play like the the great players I had the privelage of sitting with in event #2. Any one can play when they flop the nuts, but make a play at a pot when you put your opponent on a marginal hand that when your really playing.

No way anyone can say that. He made $4.5 million in the last six months of last year. You can't look at one hand out of thousnads and say that makes him a bad player. I am not saying he is one the best in the world, but his success alone proves that he is great player.