fcp logo contest winner...

Guest Chris_Biz Team

To squash and Chadwick conspiracy theories, I can tell you his submissions and participation are above board. He is the classic "outsider looking in" until something like this logo contest forces him into action. Chadwick learned of the competition from visiting fcp.com and submitted logos by the deadline.As for the rest of the logos submitted, we will work as fast as we can to get them posted. We will need a few days I'm sure.This has been great fun, and I look forward to the next contest or promotion.-Chris

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarifying a few things:1) The contest was open to anyone. The winner didn't have to already be a member in the forum.2) The name of the domain is Full Contact Poker not FCP. As much as I think FCP has a really cool ring to it, the name of this site is Full Contact Poker and we needed something that showed the entire word clearly. Sorry some of you guys are bummed about not getting the top prize, but we all put a lot of thought into it and think there is a lot of potential for the logo we chose.
Personally, I like DCSports92GSR's a little better, and I can somewhat agree with him, but it is still a case of sour grapes. My point? Shut up JFarrell.
Clarifying a few things:2) The name of the domain is Full Contact Poker not FCP.  As much as I think FCP has a really cool ring to it, the name of this site is Full Contact Poker and we needed something that showed the entire word clearly.  
Pretty good point.
the griimes logo was chosen as a finalist? seriously? I think its a hilarious looking logo but a finalist? it looks like something napoleon dynamite would have done.  jk  "It's probably the best logo I've ever created."
FYI, it was for "Most Flattering logo" -- F'n hilarious! :club:
To squash and Chadwick conspiracy theories, I can tell you his submissions and participation are above board.  He is the classic "outsider looking in" until something like this logo contest forces him into action.  Chadwick learned of the competition from visiting fcp.com and submitted logos by the deadline.As for the rest of the logos submitted, we will work as fast as we can to get them posted.  We will need a few days I'm sure.This has been great fun, and I look forward to the next contest or promotion.-Chris
I actually think the conspiracy theories are hilarious! One a side note, if Team Chadwick decides to take the cash, maybe the runner-ups can duke it out in an online poker tourney with the winner getting the chance to meet DN? C'mon Chadwick, you really want the dough, right? :club:
My fav. was always Governators, until he recieved an email saying he didnt make it,but then he came back, and his is actually the one that most resembles the winner
Thx Royal, yes I rose from the dead in dramatic fashion lol :club:
To squash and Chadwick conspiracy theories, I can tell you his submissions and participation are above board.  He is the classic "outsider looking in" until something like this logo contest forces him into action.  Chadwick learned of the competition from visiting fcp.com and submitted logos by the deadline.As for the rest of the logos submitted, we will work as fast as we can to get them posted.  We will need a few days I'm sure.This has been great fun, and I look forward to the next contest or promotion.-Chris
I actually think the conspiracy theories are hilarious! One a side note, if Team Chadwick decides to take the cash, maybe the runner-ups can duke it out in an online poker tourney with the winner getting the chance to meet DN? C'mon Chadwick, you really want the dough, right? :club:
I don't see this happening... but it woudl definatley be awesome... or even better... let the runner ups fund their own PLANE ticket to vegas, but get to spend the weekend with the other runner-ups and meet daniel and play a tourney with him for like a $1,000 prize pool or something like that. Now THAT would be awesome :D:)

After reviewing a second time, the logo winner is okay, but still missingthat something special.......A logo can be something very important if you are trying to build a brand, with many mentioning the possibility of an online FCP poker site, it needs to be very good. The winner is just average in my opinion. Not something you feel you would want on a shirt, sweater or hat to wear it with pride. (Then again, we really have not had a logo up until now).Maybe they can use the logo to replace the awful choice for Daniel's poker chip set. Looks very amateurish and cheap with a Vegas logo but fromthe chip I can tell, it's not the usual online or home players they are going for with this, more like the 12 year-olds who saw Poker on TV and want their first poker set......

I don't see this happening... but it woudl definatley be awesome... or even better... let the runner ups fund their own PLANE ticket to vegas, but get to spend the weekend with the other runner-ups and meet daniel and play a tourney with him for like a $1,000 prize pool or something like that. Now THAT would be awesome :D:)
I'm ALL IN! Could use a nice vacation right about now.
Jeffgen...Even better than online...a trip to the Wynn and a private tournament. DN could be tournament director.How does September look for everyone?
Jeffgen...Even better than online...a trip to the Wynn and a private tournament. DN could be tournament director.How does September look for everyone?
September = Wide Open :-)
Spetember = Wide Open :-)
Now all thats left is:1) Coordinating this, so we all get in at the same time.2) Seeing if daniel would donate a few hours of his time to meet all of us and maybe play a shootout with us.3) Getting our plane tickets4) .... actually DOING it.Anyone down?
Spetember = Wide Open :-)
Now all thats left is:1) Coordinating this, so we all get in at the same time.2) Seeing if daniel would donate a few hours of his time to meet all of us and maybe play a shootout with us.3) Getting our plane tickets4) .... actually DOING it.Anyone down?
I'll be there when #2 is confirmed.
Any posts from Chadwick yet?  Didn't think so.  :club:
well, if he is/was a lurker here(obviously) I doubt he will post if people are going to rag on him for winning. I liked most of the submissions quite a bit but i can see why DN picked his when you read the part about the site being named full contact poker and not FCP which seemed to be a common theme for everyone else.
well it is Sunday night.. you know how those professional graphic designers gotta get enough rest for monday morning
Just thought it was funny that all of the top finalists have posted, except for Chadwick. We must be hard-core! 8)

Daniel did say it was open to all.........but..........The key is to have the best logo possible for our Online Poker Communityand whatever else Daniel has planned.........I don't see any problems with Chadwick winning, but don't think we have the best possible logo........With so many Poker sites out there, you need a distinguishing feature and this logo just doesn't have it.... :club:

well, if he is/was a lurker here(obviously) I doubt he will post if people are going to rag on him for winning. I liked most of the submissions quite a bit but i can see why DN picked his when you read the part about the site being named full contact poker and not FCP which seemed to be a common theme for everyone else.
Not me, I'd be posting away and letting everyone know that I'm laughing my way to see DN in LV! :-)