how dedicated to poker are you?

This isn't as much a "how serious are you about your game" kind of thread...it's more of a "what stupid/ridiculous shit have you done for the sake of this game" thing. I think this could get very interesting....I'll start...after frantically 6-tabling to clear a weekend bonus, i got up to stretch and noticed my left arm was asleep, and it refused to wake up. My mom, a health psychologist, told me she was 90% sure i had injured a nerve in my wrist or arm and told me to go to the doctor. So I did.The doctor told me I might have strained (or pinched, she couldn't tell) a nerve in my forearm through "classic overuse" of my arm at an awkward angle (I attempted to demonstrate that i was right handed so my injury wasn't from excessive... well, you know). She told me to use it as little as possible for the next few days; if i damaged it further, i might have to wear a splint.So i get home, pissed off that i can't clear the bonus but not wanting to spend my summer in a splint. I dejectedly get on to check the games, and notice one with 79% to the flop and an average pot of >11BB, with only one seat left. I immediately click on the table and start furiously typing in my login info with both hands flying, my left arm now suddenly in searing pain. Unabated, I gamely risked further injury just to have a shot at clearing a whopping $30 bonusBy the way, the last part of that incident occurred roughly 30 minutes ago (it's really hard to type this one-handed). The table's great, though, I'm already up 15 BB.Any other stupid/funny stories?EDIT: As far as I know, this is the first ever injury resulting from online poker. Aside from wall-punchings/head-bangings against tables, of course.

HAHA never start the thread off with a story that can't be topped.You win man. You win.I really hope for your sake that your arm gets better, but please forgive me if I continue to laugh about it.

I once gave up an opportunity to go to a Red Wings playoff game to play a tourney I won a satellite into. Thankfully I got to the final table and won over 1k, and the Red Wings lost that night, so I really made the right choice.

HAHA never start the thread off with a story that can't be topped.You win man.  You win.I really hope for your sake that your arm gets better, but please forgive me if I continue to laugh about it.
It's ok, it stopped stinging. It's pleasantly numb now.

I agree with the previous posts, DC, you win. Nothing I can even make up comes close to that. Although... there was one time where Hef invited me to the mansion, but I decided to 4 table 2/4 Limit games on Party (sw)

Man, you're killing the hardcore comedy. We want to hear about injuries sustained by clearing reload bonuses, not the bonuses themselves. Start a new thread. It's what all the cool kids are doing.

I was playing in a tournament at UB in March/April. At the first break, I got up, and put a pizza in the oven, and turned on the timer on the microwave. In about 11 minutes (the tournament was, of course, off break), the timer went off. I folded my junk hand, rushed into the kitchen, got the pizza out of the oven, and heard the buzzer on the laptop, so I knew it was my action, so I ran back into the living room.As I was, I hit the edge of a recliner with my right foot, and I just felt my little toe just crunch. Now, I don't swear...ever, but I remember screaming "SH!T!" and collapsing on the floor. I crawled to the computer, my hand was junk, and folded, then looked down at my foot. sure enough, I look at the toe, and it is pointing AWAY from my foot. Yep, I not only broke the toe, but even dislocated it. So I pop it back in place, alrighty. Now tears are streaming down my face. Buzzer sounds again. AQs, raise. I'm not going anywhere now, I can't walk. But I should me crawling or something into the bathroom, getting medical tape, taping it to my other toe so it doesn't set disfigured, and getting ibuprofen or something. But I have AQs in MP.I wound up cashing. I had someone who finally came home get the tape and ibuprofen for me, took that, but still can't tape my toe, as the nail would now point to the other toe. Okay, I'll just keep playing. So I finally bust out of the tournament, and let someone else tape my toe. I got into another tournament, and then won that one! I then cashed in a league game later that night, while trying to remember to alternate ice and heat on my toe. Well that doesn't work, and I end up nearly getting frostbite on my already broken & dislocated toe.That's what I did to play poker.I forgot about that pizza until 5 hours later, by the way.

P.S.  Did you eat the pizza?
Yeah, but I left it on top of the stove, and with the heat still eminating from the oven onto the surface of the stove, it was rather burnt on the bottom.
Yeah, but I left it on top of the stove, and with the heat still eminating from the oven onto the surface of the stove, it was rather burnt on the bottom.
But, it was probably cold on top, so the two even each other out to make for one warm, delicious pizza... right?
But, it was probably cold on top, so the two even each other out to make for one warm, delicious pizza... right?
Pretty much, but I couldn't tell you for sure. By the end of this whole fiasco, I was so freakin hungry, the whole pizza could've been burnt black, and I would've still eaten it.Ok, probably not that far, but I was pretty darn hungry.
i'm not at the bar right now
he has you all beat,,
but he plageurized (sp?)that was the same thing marion said about playing in the PFC last night.but then...I guess someone at AJ beat her by saying he was so dedicated to poker that he brought the bar home with him for the PFC.actually, about five of them said that :club: (sw)
I was playing in a tournament at UB in March/April.  At the first break, I got up, and put a pizza in the oven, and turned on the timer on the microwave.  In about 11 minutes (the tournament was, of course, off break), the timer went off. I folded my junk hand, rushed into the kitchen, got the pizza out of the oven, and heard the buzzer on the laptop, so I knew it was my action, so I ran back into the living room.As I was, I hit the edge of a recliner with my right foot, and I just felt my little toe just crunch.  Now, I don't swear...ever, but I remember screaming "SH!T!" and collapsing on the floor.  I crawled to the computer, my hand was junk, and folded, then looked down at my foot.  sure enough, I look at the toe, and it is pointing AWAY from my foot.  Yep, I not only broke the toe, but even dislocated it.  So I pop it back in place, alrighty.  Now tears are streaming down my face.  Buzzer sounds again.  AQs, raise.  I'm not going anywhere now, I can't walk.  But I should me crawling or something into the bathroom, getting medical tape, taping it to my other toe so it doesn't set disfigured, and getting ibuprofen or something.  But I have AQs in MP.I wound up cashing.  I had someone who finally came home get the tape and ibuprofen for me, took that, but still can't tape my toe, as the nail would now point to the other toe.  Okay, I'll just keep playing.  So I finally bust out of the tournament, and let someone else tape my toe.  I got into another tournament, and then won that one!  I then cashed in a league game later that night, while trying to remember to alternate ice and heat on my toe.  Well that doesn't work, and I end up nearly getting frostbite on my already broken & dislocated toe.That's what I did to play poker.I forgot about that pizza until 5 hours later, by the way.
LOL I was wondering where the pizza was while reading your post. Sorry to laugh at your discomfort, but that is hilarious because i can see the same thing happening to me as i make my mid hand sprints to the kitchen!
don't you mean comfortably numbhello hello hello, is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear meis there anyone at homec'mon now, I hear your feeling down, I can ease the pain to get you on your feet againrelax, I need some infrormation first, just the basic factscan you show me where it hurtsthere is no pain you are receiving, a distant ship smoke on the horizonyou are only coming through in waves, your lips move but I can't hear what you saywhen I was a child, I had a fevermy hands were just light to the newsnow I've got that feeling once again, I cannot explainyou would not understand this is not how I amI have become comfortably numb
I once gave up an opportunity to go to a Red Wings playoff game to play a tourney I won a satellite into.  Thankfully I got to the final table and won over 1k, and the Red Wings lost that night, so I really made the right choice.
was it a game when they lost to my flames? went to game 3 of that series. best game i've ever been to.
don't you mean comfortably numbhello hello hello, is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear meis there anyone at homec'mon now, I hear your feeling down, I can ease the pain to get you on your feet againrelax, I need some infrormation first, just the basic factscan you show me where it hurtsthere is no pain you are receiving, a distant ship smoke on the horizonyou are only coming through in waves, your lips move but I can't hear what you saywhen I was a child, I had a fevermy hands were just light to the newsnow I've got that feeling once again, I cannot explainyou would not understand this is not how I amI have become comfortably numb
Best.Post.Of.This.Thread.Period.
GREATEST band of all time. They're actually reuniting with Roger Waters as I understand it in July for a concert.

this doesnt win... but I thought you all might enjoy... its a good story...A few months ago the girl I was dating at the time rented a shitty chick flick and wanted me to watch... 15 mins in a hit the tables online... whivch pissed her off...She was mad so acted like she didnt care... two hours later she says that she is pissed for me not watching with her... I tell her to relax and not to pick shitty movies... we settle it... but now I have a great stack in a MTT..So after we make up and all of that... she comes over and tries to 'tease' me a bit while I play... Im OK with this clearly and continue my tournament with a 'personal massage'Since now Im close to the bubble I dont let it faze me and tell her Im almost in the money and Ill be over in a min... which pisses her off again...either way... forget the hand... I busted a little to over aggresive on the bubble... so either way Im ready for some happy time... so I say crawl into the bed with her... I try to rekindle the moment and she says 'how much did you make'So of course I say nothing I made a mistake and went out on the bubble...She says... Go Sleep in the other room you ****ing loser...Needless to say during the infomercial that was playing while trying to go to sleep I really wondered what I had done...But after winning a MTT a few days later I decided I didnt need that crap....

this doesnt win... but I thought you all might enjoy... its a good story...A few months ago the girl I was dating at the time rented a censored chick flick and wanted me to watch... 15 mins in a hit the tables online... whivch censored her off...She was mad so acted like she didnt care... two hours later she says that she is censored for me not watching with her... I tell her to relax and not to pick censored movies...  we settle it... but now I have a great stack in a MTT..So after we make up and all of that... she comes over and tries to 'tease' me a bit while I play... Im OK with this clearly and continue my tournament with a 'personal massage'Since now Im close to the bubble I dont let it faze me and tell her Im almost in the money and Ill be over in a min... which censored her off again...either way... forget the hand... I busted a little to over aggresive on the bubble... so either way Im ready for some happy time... so I say crawl into the bed with her... I try to rekindle the moment and she says 'how much did you make'So of course I say nothing I made a mistake and went out on the bubble...She says... Go Sleep in the other room you censored loser...Needless to say during the infomercial that was playing while trying to go to sleep I really wondered what I had done...But after winning a MTT a few days later I decided I didnt need that crap....
You gotta learn to lie a little buddy."I made $150 honey!! I'm so happy, and I really appreciate you allowing me to continue playing. "It's so easy and so rewarding when done at the right moment.