How does one combat a terrible losing streak. And horrible loss of money. I believe Im a good player...but lately something has been killing me and I cant figure out what aspect of my game it is.
Take a break. A day, a week, 2, whatever. Come back, take a look at your game again, and you'll be amazed at what you find. Take a vacation.
How does one combat a terrible losing streak. And horrible loss of money. I believe Im a good player...but lately something has been killing me and I cant figure out what aspect of my game it is.
Maybe the problem is that you believe that you are a good player. Stop believing that and start reading (or rereading) some books, lower your limits and try again.
I'd suggest dropping down a level and being honest with yourself in all facets of your game. Don't think "I'm a winning player" again until you play and win.Ice
I'd suggest dropping down a level and being honest with yourself in all facets of your game.  Don't think "I'm a winning player" again until you play and win.Ice
Either that or learn how to use the search function to find one of the other 9000 times this same thing hasbeen posted.(or a tinfoil hat)
Roy Cooke, in 16 years of poker never had more 150bb losing streak.So I dunno.
Yeah, I read that article, and thought that he must not be pushing a lot of his edges. Or to paraphrase, he doesn't have the stones to play his angles.

hows about you post some of your hands, then we will be able to tell if you are as good of a player as you say you areHi. Post as many hands on this forum as I have, then we'll talk. Deal?

hows about you post some of your hands, then we will be able to tell if you are as good of a player as you say you areHi.  Post as many hands on this forum as I have, then we'll talk.  Deal?
smash, I believe he's talking to the OP.
smash, I believe he's talking to the OP.Ohhh.If so, I'm retarded.
yeah, I was. I was pretty confused by what you said, so I was just gonna leave it at that. I know better at this point to get into an argument with you over semantics

yeah, I was. I was pretty confused by what you said, so I was just gonna leave it at that. I know better at this point to get into an argument with you over semanticsHaha.No, this one was all on me.I'm retarded.

Right...so let me rephrase that. Im a good player...for the people I play my homegames with. And it just seems like an endless string of going in with the best hand and getting outdrawn.
Are you playing online? If so, realize that you'll be saying way more (over twice as many hands in the same time span) hands than you will in your home game, so you will be drawn out on more often.Also remember what Bobby Baldwin said...Good players don't draw out because good players don't put themselves in a position where they need to draw out, that's bad poker. He said something like that.Oh, also remember you need tens of thousands of hands for this to be statistically relevant. 1000 hands is like 40 hours of home game play. And that's about 1/10th of what you need for a relevant sample. My first 1000 hands on PR I averaged 7.91BB/100 hands, an obscene rate that I knew was going to go down. By my next thousand I was back down to about 4, then it settled to 2.8 something by the time i hit the 7k mark.

And you've got to try to shake it off. I just tilted off a few bets on what has been my unluckiest day to date. Consider:Flush draws panned out: 0/4OE Straight draws panned out: won 1, lost 1, missed 2Won with flopped set: 0/3 (that ones the worst)Won with AA, KK, or AK: 0/4

Take a break. A day, a week, 2, whatever. Come back, take a look at your game again, and you'll be amazed at what you find. Take a vacation.
"I'm on VACATION, a vaction from my PROBLEMS!" baby steps