where is moneymaker

hey guys first time posting on this site. Wondering if anybody has heard about moneymaker this series. Either he doesnt play cause he is broke or he only plays big events. Would appreciate anyone who knows the answer to respond

hmmm From what I see moneymaker is not that good of a player... kind of like robert varkonyi or however you spell it.. probably busting out early each event

people, moneymaker is not that good of a player. So if he makes a bunch of final tables in teh future, I'd be shocked. Yes he made the final table at teh Bay 101, but there have been better players that haven't made a WPT final table at all. DOn't base your opinions of how good some flash in teh pan is just by two events

people, moneymaker is not that good of a player. So if he makes a bunch of final tables in teh future, I'd be shocked. Yes he made the final table at teh Bay 101, but there have been better players that haven't made a WPT final table at all. DOn't base your opinions of how good some flash in teh pan is just by two events
This is true. I mean, at the same tournament one year later, Danny Nguyen made the final table and won the event. He is probably playing at the WSOP and probably not having much success.

I myself am not a big Moneymaker fan. However, I give credit where credit is due. He may not be a top pro but he def. has some skill.

what's up, 1st time posting, I live in Baton Rouge and I went to Winn Dixie today and they had a display saying "meet poker champ Chris Moneymaker next Monday." So, next Monday, he will be in Baton Rouge (instead of the WSOP?) for anyone who cares. No SW either, this is true

You guys are somewhat right... and yet somewhat wrong. Sure Moneymaker was lucky to win the Main Event in '03. And even pretty lucky to finish runner up in Bay 101. But me and my friend went up to Vegas about a year ago and we saw him tearing up the tables and winning a lot. We even talked to one of the dealers and he said although Moneymaker is not as good as most people presume, that he is definately much better than the average poker player. So please dont rag on Moneymaker because he is most likely better than 95% of the people who post in this forum.

Incubus, you have a point there, he is probably better than everyone that posts in here. I still don't think of him as a pro, but not as an ametuer either. It is difficult for many people to classify him when, besides the WSOP 03' and the Bay 101, he has been relatively quiet.

Incubus, you have a point there, he is probably better than everyone that posts in here. I still don't think of him as a pro, but not as an ametuer either. It is difficult for many people to classify him when, besides the WSOP 03' and the Bay 101, he has been relatively quiet.
How can you say that?have you played with everybody in here?Nevermind that Danny N, Harry D, Brett Jungblutt, Josh Arieh and other pros have posted in here.Anybody can win one tourney....ANYBODY.Just because he wins one tourney he is automatically better than everybody in this forum? PLEEEEEEEEZ.

There's a few posts in this thread about WSOP winners who aren't that great but had a little bit of luck (or a lot in some cases) and enough skill to win a bracelet. It got me to thinking (yes I know that's a bad thing) that I will know that Poker has become fully mainstream as soon as VH1 comes out with a "Where are They Now..." for WSOP Main Event "flukes". Notice I put flukes in quotation marks. While I think Moneymaker and Raymer were both very lucky along the way to their wins (Moneymaker more so than Raymer), they both played many hands with considerable skill...it's tough to wade through 900-2000 players on pure luck alone. I can't comment on Varkonyi (sp?) since I haven't seen that WSOP yet.Time to go email VH1 and get the ball rolling :twisted:

I have no idea what hes been upto, but saying hes been relatively quiet because he hasn't done anything in the Tournament world is a pretty stupid thing to say. Using that logic I guess Chip Reese has been relatively quiet over the past 25 years give or take. People need to understand that the players who make big bucks over the long haul are the ones who tear apart the big cash games on a consitent basis. Almost no one makes a living exclusively playing tournament poker. The best poker players in the world are the ones who destroy the big cash games.

Guys, moneymaker is terrible. He got lucky at the right time. How he got away with that bluff in heads up play is unbelievable. Raymer at least has some talent. He is currently one of the chip leaders with 11 left in the no-limit holdem event.Varkonyi, forget about it he has to hire a poker coach to have any shot at even cashing.

You guys are somewhat right... and yet somewhat wrong. Sure Moneymaker was lucky to win the Main Event in '03. And even pretty lucky to finish runner up in Bay 101. But me and my friend went up to Vegas about a year ago and we saw him tearing up the tables and winning a lot. We even talked to one of the dealers and he said although Moneymaker is not as good as most people presume, that he is definately much better than the average poker player. So please dont rag on Moneymaker because he is most likely better than 95% of the people who post in this forum.
you are somewhat wrong, no i mean you are all wrong. a dealer said that he is much better than the average player? there are tons of people in this forum that are much better than the average player. in your post you say that the dealer told you that moneymaker is not as good as people presume!!! doesnt that go against your argument that he shouldnt be ragged on?

the WSOP of 2003 was Moneymaker's first live tournament ever. I would say these results, http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=18826 , are pretty good for only playing in live tournies for around 2 years. I mean, cmon, he's done all of this in a short span. HE'S A GOOD PLAYER.And you people who think Raymer was a fluke, honestly, go find your gun and play russian roulette with yourself.

Guys, moneymaker is terrible. He got lucky at the right time. How he got away with that bluff in heads up play is unbelievable. Raymer at least has some talent. He is currently one of the chip leaders with 11 left in the no-limit holdem event.Varkonyi, forget about it he has to hire a poker coach to have any shot at even cashing.
jesus you people are stupid. If you didn;t know what he had...with that board and how the betting happened....would you have called an all-in with a pair? No, he isn't as good as most of the pros. But until you have a wsop main event, nobody has any room to talk shit about someone who does.
This is true. I mean, at the same tournament one year later, Danny Nguyen made the final table and won the event. He is probably playing at the WSOP and probably not having much success.
Danny Nguyen is broke.....he is a dealer from Garden city here in san jose... One of the dealer says that all his money went to alimony and back paymenst for child support
you can look at these results and determine he's not a good player? These are outstanding results for someone who isn't keeping a full time tournament schedule.I've played with CM on several occassion, and I can assure you, he's good.FWIW -- I'm in the Rio for the full run of the WSOP and I haven't seen him yet.