deeeeetroit basketbaaaaaaal

This has been one of the best NBA finals i can remember...There is just something about two teams that actually play good defense that makes the games exciting...Game 7 is going to be silly!!!
this years finals haven't been close to being the best finals ever......sure it has gone to seven games, but by no means have any of the games been great, with the exception of game 5......pretty boring finals with one good game, and a rare finals game 7.....so far mediocre finals in my book....for pure basketball diehards it has been nice to see some d played for a change, but the games for the most part have been sort of ugly.....but i am looking forward to game 7......hopefully it will be as good as game 5 was
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been one of the best NBA finals i can remember...There is just something about two teams that actually play good defense that makes the games exciting...Game 7 is going to be silly!!!
this years finals haven't been close to being the best finals ever......sure it has gone to seven games, but by no means have any of the games been great, with the exception of game 5......pretty boring finals with one good game, and a rare finals game 7.....so far mediocre finals in my book....for pure basketball diehards it has been nice to see some d played for a change, but the games for the most part have been sort of ugly.....but i am looking forward to game 7......hopefully it will be as good as game 5 was
you are wrong, pure and simple. These two teams have won the last two championships. the fact that the first 4 games were blowouts is what makes the series so intriguing. Many people thought Detroit was done when they were down 0-2. Sure it has gone to 7 games but that does not make it a great finals?? Well, if a 4-game sweep isn't great, how many games must be a great finals?The off-court tribulations with Brown, the friendship that the two coaches share, Tim Duncan trying to prove himself, Horry looking for his 7th ring, Detroit have a bunch of no name winners, and the pure thrill and excitement of Game 7... what more do you want?
Mark my words pistons will win thursday...Go Stones!!!!!!
Word! I second that emotion!!
Better chance of seeing God.Your announcer sucks too.he is not even close to the spurs announceHERE COME THE SPURS!!!!!!!!!!
Mark my words pistons will win thursday...Go Stones!!!!!!
Word! I second that emotion!!
Better chance of seeing God.Your announcer sucks too.he is not even close to the spurs announceHERE COME THE SPURS!!!!!!!!!!
W
you are wrong, pure and simple. These two teams have won the last two championships. the fact that the first 4 games were blowouts is what makes the series so intriguing. Many people thought Detroit was done when they were down 0-2. Sure it has gone to 7 games but that does not make it a great finals?? Well, if a 4-game sweep isn't great, how many games must be a great finals?The off-court tribulations with Brown, the friendship that the two coaches share, Tim Duncan trying to prove himself, Horry looking for his 7th ring, Detroit have a bunch of no name winners, and the pure thrill and excitement of Game 7... what more do you want?
lots of side stories don't make it a great finals.......i mean ok the coaches are fiends and this might be browns last game with the pistons....and rob horry is looking for his 6TH ring ( i don't think he's goin for his 7th just yet) but these games have not been that much fun to watch, with the exception of game 5.......a great finals would be two teams playing their best for 6 or 7 games, bringing out the best from each other and having the better team come out on top.....it hasn't been great watching the spurs self destruct for 2 games......or waiting for 2 games before the pistons decide to show up......maybe game 5 and hopefully game 7 will go down as great games.....but this will not go down as one of the best finals in the history of the nba....end of the day - game 7 hoefully will be as well played as game 5....but game for game a mediocre finals

jeff....just realized you are a pistons fan, and in that case i can see how you feel like this has been one fo the best finals in history.....but from someone who is a fan of niether the pistons or the spurs it hasn't been that entertaining.....but if i were a pistons fan i would prob think the same thing....people wrote you off twice in this series ( including planning a parade) and you came back both times.....but still mediocre finals overall

jeff....just realized you are a pistons fan, and in that case i can see how you feel like this has been one fo the best finals in history.....but from someone who is a fan of niether the pistons or the spurs it hasn't been that entertaining.....but if i were a pistons fan i would prob think the same thing....people wrote you off twice in this series ( including planning a parade) and you came back both times.....but still mediocre finals overall
yes, you are correct, thanks for the new post. you are right, I am a die hard pistons (and red wings) fan, and I don't think I can put aside my emotions and view the series objectively. On some level I can see how people think the pistons are boring to watch, but I can't wait for the game and truly believe it is a pick 'em.

Billups has been awesome this series, parker cant handle him and billups is shredding him. Seems like they need to go to him more though down the stretch , especially in the last 2 minutes. Billups should have got the ball on their last possession in game 5 and this series coulda been over with by now.Chauncey is da most underrated PG in the NBA i think.

Wow get off of miami's balls. OMG they were injured, what player in the playoffs isn't??? They lost boohoo what do you expect from a team that gets coached by Ron Jeremy, yea i said it Ron Jeremy (he is a good coach though =P). If you're gonna be complaining about injuries don't be playing. Wade got hurt because he pulled a flop on sheed as well, his own fault.The miami serries was quite possibly one of the most disgusting displays of oficiating i have ever witnessed. If you couldn't see it, either you are blind, or just don't know anything about basketball. Everytime wade missed a shot he cried to the ref expecting a call when he didnt get at least 90% of the time. David Stern must've been making calls before every game to try to get those oficials to do everything they could to deliver miami to the finals. Like i said though, pistons will win. I do have great respect for the spurs though they are a great team. People keep complaining about how the teams are boring because they are both strong defensively, but i serriously think this is one of the most exciting finals serries we've had in a while. There is nothing better then a game 7.

I agree that this hasn't been the most exciting finals even though it has gone to game 7. Reason being only 1 game was tight the rest were blowouts. I think after game 7 it'll be talked about for awhile. I'm a pistons fan born and raised and even though the games away the stones got the advantage. Backs against the wall baby...

Wow get off of miami's balls.  OMG they were injured, what player in the playoffs isn't???  They lost boohoo what do you expect from a team that gets coached by Ron Jeremy, yea i said it Ron Jeremy (he is a good coach though =P).  If you're gonna be complaining about injuries don't be playing.  Wade got hurt because he pulled a flop on sheed as well, his own fault.The miami serries was quite possibly one of the most disgusting displays of oficiating i have ever witnessed.  If you couldn't see it, either you are blind, or just don't know anything about basketball.  Everytime wade missed a shot he cried to the ref expecting a call when he didnt get at least 90% of the time.  David Stern must've been making calls before every game to try to get those oficials to do everything they could to deliver miami to the finals.  Like i said though, pistons will win.  I do have great respect for the spurs though they are a great team.  People keep complaining about how the teams are boring because they are both strong defensively, but i serriously think this is one of the most exciting finals serries we've had in a while.  There is nothing better then a game 7.
Again, I am an objective Torontonian. I have said that I have great respect for the Pistons and would never count them out. While I wouldn't use injuries as an excuse for Miami, you have to admit that in a series that went down to the final minute of the 7th game, it is conceivable that Sheed and company could be playing X-Box right now had Miami's 2 superstars not been hobbled.

At this point nothing else matters. What we have on thursday night is one game for all the marbles. And the pistons definitely have an edge even playing on the road.

They needed the whole Heat starting five to be hurt to eek out a win.....Wade doesn't get hurt.....The Pistons don't get past the Heat...Congrats though....helluva win in game 6....Game 7 will be brutal.
It's late in the playoffs, everyone is hurting. Who's fault is it that they can't play all those minutes they need to without getting hurt?Oh, and Wade took a painkiller shot before game 7. He wasn't feeling anything, and was still efffective in that game. Shaq also scored way above his season average. So please, assuming that the Pistons can't beat the heat with a healthy Wade (who has had his worst games of his career against us) is ignorant.
Wow get off of miami's balls.  OMG they were injured, what player in the playoffs isn't???  They lost boohoo what do you expect from a team that gets coached by Ron Jeremy, yea i said it Ron Jeremy (he is a good coach though =P).  If you're gonna be complaining about injuries don't be playing.  Wade got hurt because he pulled a flop on sheed as well, his own fault.The miami serries was quite possibly one of the most disgusting displays of oficiating i have ever witnessed.  If you couldn't see it, either you are blind, or just don't know anything about basketball.  Everytime wade missed a shot he cried to the ref expecting a call when he didnt get at least 90% of the time.  David Stern must've been making calls before every game to try to get those oficials to do everything they could to deliver miami to the finals.  Like i said though, pistons will win.  I do have great respect for the spurs though they are a great team.  People keep complaining about how the teams are boring because they are both strong defensively, but i serriously think this is one of the most exciting finals serries we've had in a while.  There is nothing better then a game 7.
get your facts straight...Wade got hurt on a cross over and jump shot the trip down before he took the flop against sheed. it was s freak occurance...just like the Pistons beating the Heat in the series.And yeah...the officiating sucked...if they called the games square...the heat wins in 5.
They needed the whole Heat starting five to be hurt to eek out a win.....Wade doesn't get hurt.....The Pistons don't get past the Heat...Congrats though....helluva win in game 6....Game 7 will be brutal.
It's late in the playoffs, everyone is hurting. Who's fault is it that they can't play all those minutes they need to without getting hurt?Oh, and Wade took a painkiller shot before game 7. He wasn't feeling anything, and was still efffective in that game. Shaq also scored way above his season average. So please, assuming that the Pistons can't beat the heat with a healthy Wade (who has had his worst games of his career against us) is ignorant.
Come on..just admit it...The Heat healthy= Detroit eliminated.

Better chance of seeing God.Your announcer sucks too.he is not even close to the spurs announceHERE COME THE SPURS!!!!!!!!!!The Spurs announcer sounds so bad!!! How can you stand him? His voice cracks, he sounds like a homo, and he's not original at all. The Detroit Pistons announcer is funny, has a great voice, and the whole country loves him. He is wayyyyyy better than the Spurs voice. Opinions?????

Come on..just admit it...The Heat healthy= Detroit eliminated.
As convincing as that argument is...
And yeah...the officiating sucked...if they called the games square...the heat wins in 5.
If the officiating was good it would've been pistons in 4 what serries were you watching heat got all the calls. They had danny crawford and Bennett Salvatore reffing in half those games. In which well untill the start of the finals serries pistons were 1-7 with those refs, and 11-1 when they werent reffing, sound fishy??? Yea I think so, so ty nice try, but you lose that argument.

crawford is notorious for hating the pistons. it seems as though he stands there just waiting for anything at all to call a technical on a piston.

And yeah...the officiating sucked...if they called the games square...the heat wins in 5.
If the officiating was good it would've been pistons in 4 what serries were you watching heat got all the calls. They had danny crawford and Bennett Salvatore reffing in half those games. In which well untill the start of the finals serries pistons were 1-7 with those refs, and 11-1 when they werent reffing, sound fishy??? Yea I think so, so ty nice try, but you lose that argument.
Your stat was as wrong now as when Larry Brown said it.ESPN showed that after Larry Brown said it.Pistons in 4? Over the Heat? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!Enjoy your Eastern Conference Championship...Pistons really had zero chance against a healthy heat...ZERO...ZERO....Shaq at 60% and Wade basically missing two games...D. Jones with one leg, Haslem with a broken finger......and the Pistons eek it out....Yeah...The Pistons dominated.... :club: Trust me...if they officiated correctly...the Pistons would have been a 4th seed in the playoffs with all the moving picks they do, and would have been long gone before they got to play the heat.And you want to know why The Pistons get no respect? Cause they don't deserve it with all the crying and whining they do.
Guest XXEddie
They are the New England Patriots of basketball.  No huge names, but they do all the un-sexy things to win, like play defense, hussle, get loose balls, rebound...  They get no respect, yet they just go out and win games.  I mean c'mon, winning Game 7 in Miami?  Last night's win was phenomenal.  don't count them out that's all I'm saying
yep, that had nothing to do with the 500 injuries the Heat had

I can understand the way you Heat fans feel, but you're crazy to say that the Pistons wouldn't have had a chance without the injuries. First of all, Detroit did beat Miami before Wade got hurt, so to say it would've been impossible for them to do so otherwise is just being a myopic homer. Secondly, Detroit has proven time and time again that they are at their best when it's do or die. Detroit is an excellent basketball team and -- especially evident by now -- deserves to be respected as champions.Enough about Miami. A few years back, I called Tim Duncan soft in an article I wrote for the radio I work for. He responded by putting up nearly a quadruple-double on New Jersey (I think his line was 20-16-10-8 or something ridiculous like that). I think that the Spurs are great because of Duncan -- not just how great of a player is, but because of the way he approaches the game. Conversely, though, I think the way he shrinks down the stretch of close playoff games (and this has happened in the past as well) due to not wanting to go to the line hurts his team's attitude. I think seeing their leader lose confidence kills them at times. That's why a guy like Manu stepping up and becoming their closer could turn them into a dynasty.Oh, and to the Detroit fan that thinks your announcer is beloved around the world, I think you're delusional too. :)Peace,JayP.S. Detroit in 7. Orlando Magic in never.

All i gotta say is you can keep whining about how miami would've beat the pistons if they had a healthy team boo hoo, hey it didnt f-ing happen though did it. Sure I could buy a lot of nice things if I had a million dollars, but I don't now do I, so I'm not gonna bi.tch about it MY GOD. Your team lost deal with it, and stop crying about how you lost to the pistons. Woulda coulda shoulda didn't. You can't talk about winning it in 4 because like I said you didnt. You can't talk about a healthy team, why because you didnt have one. So stop the whining and kick away the box of tissues.