hi this is my first post and first question. ill start out by by giving a little history. i am 17 and unlike the other young poker players i dont think im unbeatable there are deffinate flaws in my game but i am decent. i started playing when i was 15 for nickles and dimes with friends and winning often. i was staked to play online by a friend who was 23 and beat games as high as 5-10 holdem. made a nice profit but when my friend needed to pull out his money i could only play 2-4. as i sayed i am 17 and did a dumb 17 year old thing and spent my BR. all but 30 bucks. now hear is the question. i never had to build a bankroll from scratch before as i was staked so what is the best way to build this little $30. my parent dont really like me playing and i get why, but there going to let me play with the 30. so any suggestions on how to build this would be great. i guess i should add that i play on UB. and please dont flame me cause of my age. thanks for the help.

hi this is my first post and first question. ill start out by by giving a little history. i am 17 and unlike the other young poker players i dont think im unbeatable there are deffinate flaws in my game but i am decent. i started playing when i was 15 for nickles and dimes with friends and winning often. i was staked to play online by a friend who was 23 and beat games as high as 5-10 holdem. made a nice profit but when my friend needed to pull out his money i could only play 2-4. as i sayed i am 17 and did a dumb 17 year old thing and spent my BR. all but 30 bucks. now hear is the question. i never had to build a bankroll from scratch before as i was staked so what is the best way to build this little $30. my parent dont really like me playing and i get why, but there going to let me play with the 30. so any suggestions on how to build this would be great. i guess i should add that i play on UB. and please dont flame me cause of my age. thanks for the help.
First thing I would do is stay in school.Reading, writing and math skills are fundamental.Paragraphs are your friend. Writing skills are even more important as most people will barely read your stuff if it's barely coherent.As far as the BR, work the summer job and save some cash.
As far as the BR' date=' work the summer job and save some cash.[/quote']Agreed, if you are young & just want to build the br back up quick, sweat it out for the summer.

A $30 bankroll would put you at .05/.10 limit. As chip said, work a summer job and build your BR to 150 so that you can play .25/50, or 300 so that you can play .50/1.You may want to look at some previous posts though. Some think 30 is enough to start at 3/6....(sw)

i cant deposit so even if i get some cash i cant use it. so should i play the .5-.10 game on UB or is that just gonna move so slow that its a waste of time.
Everyone has to start somewhere...
i cant deposit so even if i get some cash i cant use it. so should i play the .5-.10 game on UB or is that just gonna move so slow that its a waste of time.
Everyone has to start somewhere...
no sw. Start at .05/.10.

Look little boy, u should stick to playin for bubble gum or milk caps or whatever, leave the real money the folks that are old enough and legal. Stay in school, learn how to change your pampers and and in 4 years you'lll be able to play. BTW, Its hard for me to believe that you were beating 5/10 when your partner all the sudden pulled out and wont restake you. Who just up and leaves a profitable venture?

he left because my parents didnt approve(im know im getting flamed for saying that) and also are there ne site that allow u to play at 18?
lots of sites have are 18+, just check the user agreements.

I built my roll starting with $30, kid. Go play 5c 10c NL (your way short but grinding it out in a limit game for those stakes is gonna make you want to kill yourself). Super-tight, and bet large with big pairs. You'll get paid fairly easily.

I found this article while browsing the site of one of the regular posters here and thought it was great advise to pass on to my son who loves to play, hope you do too! (thanks jayson weber!)http://jaysonweber.com/articles/weber-bankroll1.php

Whenever I got that low (which was alot at first, believe me), I would still be forced to play $.50/1.00 at the lowest. This is because PartyPoker is where I played and thats the lowest they have. If the .05/.10 is there on UB, play that. It will take a while to get anywhere, but you'd be surprised. Your BB/hr. ratio should be much higher at limits that small. Once though on Pokerstars (was fed up with PP), I had like 97 cents in my account and was DEAD BROKE other than that... no job, still living with my parents though so that was the good thing. I played (all limit) .02/.04... moved up to .05/.10... in less than 2 weeks I was up to around $80 and playing $.25/.50 (although not the correct bankroll for that). Since then I've built up and have accounts on many sites, and a bankroll of around $3K and still incresing slowly but surely at $3/6 (although I'm thinking of moving to 5/10 soon)... So it CAN be done, I'm living proof.. just be patient at first, that will be the hardest to do, but its the most important thing.

Whenever I got that low (which was alot at first, believe me), I would still be forced to play $.50/1.00 at the lowest. This is because PartyPoker is where I played and thats the lowest they have. If the .05/.10 is there on UB, play that. It will take a while to get anywhere, but you'd be surprised. Your BB/hr. ratio should be much higher at limits that small. Once though on Pokerstars (was fed up with PP), I had like 97 cents in my account and was DEAD BROKE other than that... no job, still living with my parents though so that was the good thing. I played (all limit) .02/.04... moved up to .05/.10... in less than 2 weeks I was up to around $80 and playing $.25/.50 (although not the correct bankroll for that). Since then I've built up and have accounts on many sites, and a bankroll of around $3K and still incresing slowly but surely at $3/6 (although I'm thinking of moving to 5/10 soon)... So it CAN be done, I'm living proof.. just be patient at first, that will be the hardest to do, but its the most important thing.
Look dont get his hopes up. You were just running well, he's most likely going to go broke, and never be able to play again.

That is a possibility... was just stating that it can be done if he's patient and doesn't jump up and ignore bankroll guidelines, because it will get boring. Might as well try.

If you work during the summer you can deposit cash. Its called Western Union. Not the most economical way to do it, but best way to put money in anonymously and behind your parents back. Is this considered "contributing to the delinquency of a minor"? lol