logo contest update from the fcp biz team

Guest Chris_Biz Team

live trace absolutley sucks. Color is horrible, certain "blacks" appear as gradient's, images get blotched up... its just horrible.If you're gonna do it, do it right and just take the time and re-create it in AI. Thats what I told him i'd do, and if I win, that what I'm GOING to do. Might take a day or two, but seriously... working on the computer is a peice of cake... especially compared to what I do all day everyday ( install alarm and security systems )Good luck!
Thats why I do all my work vector with out having to worry about live trace...lol.. you dont have to re do it that way... there was one point where I would work in photoshop then trace... but now i only touch photoshop for photomanips... illustrator is my weapon of choice... day or two ouch, then again i guess i play with illustrator everyday so Im not taking that long anymore... i did my concept in about an hour... fully vector ready for anyuse they need... thats not including any minor touch ups of course... my logos are never finished till the client tells me to stop...lol...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

live trace absolutley sucks. Color is horrible, certain "blacks" appear as gradient's, images get blotched up... its just horrible.If you're gonna do it, do it right and just take the time and re-create it in AI. Thats what I told him i'd do, and if I win, that what I'm GOING to do. Might take a day or two, but seriously... working on the computer is a peice of cake... especially compared to what I do all day everyday ( install alarm and security systems )Good luck!
Thats why I do all my work vector with out having to worry about live trace...lol.. you dont have to re do it that way... there was one point where I would work in photoshop then trace... but now i only touch photoshop for photomanips... illustrator is my weapon of choice... day or two ouch, then again i guess i play with illustrator everyday so Im not taking that long anymore... i did my concept in about an hour... fully vector ready for anyuse they need... thats not including any minor touch ups of course... my logos are never finished till the client tells me to stop...lol...
How did you enter if you reg'd on the 20th and the deadline was the 15th?
live trace is their updated version of that and its way better than autotrace ever was... though it still can put too many anchors in you can adjust that... its ok for smaller files and simple things though... quite accurate... that being said i would still do it the old fashioned way and trace... lol
My print buyer tried to convince me of this a few months ago too. :club: While I agree it's better, it's still not good for commercial products. I simply recreated the image in vector format by hand, took me about 10 minutes and it was *right*. :D
I was always a lurker to the main site and the poker journal and decided to speak up on the 20th... my design was in on the 15th... and i had an email from Daniel on the 16th telling me to send more if i wanted to... so i fixed it some more and send it back...
I was always a lurker to the main site and the poker journal and decided to speak up on the 20th... my design was in on the 15th... and i had an email from Daniel on the 16th telling me to send more if i wanted to... so i fixed it some more and send it back...
wow... I STILL haven't gotten ANY email. at all.:cry:
i don't think that is the winner, I could be wrong though. Also is it me or did the the site design just take a turn for the worse?
You mean the design? Yeah, I'm not a fan of it either.

Not the new logo, just the site redesign the Chris has been working on for the last couple months.

Anyone checkout the photo gallery? It's getting interesting...very interesting.GO SOX
You can put it on the board!!! YES!!!!
Where are people seeing things in the gallery, I see the category, I just don't see any images. Am I missing something?
Looks like they are gearing up to post them soon, that's all... there's a link to the logo submissions in the gallery, but it's password protected right now. Just assuming it will be opened to the public soon enough.
Anyone checkout the photo gallery? It's getting interesting...very interesting.GO SOX
You can put it on the board!!! YES!!!!
White Sox announcers suck.They're worse than the Cubs' announcers.That's pretty bad.

Here's an idea: Top 5 runner-up logo winners are flown to LV to meet DN and compete in a hold'em tourney with each other, winner gets a cool prize.. the rest got to meet DN as their prize. What'ya say?!?! :-)

Here's an idea: Top 5 runner-up logo winners are flown to LV to meet DN and compete in a hold'em tourney with each other, winner gets a cool prize.. the rest got to meet DN as their prize. What'ya say?!?! :-)
That would be awesome