superior 1/2 table

While propping this hand came up at a little 1/2 table77 on Button8 players are playing including myself, so 2 empty seats it not short-handed anymore.Everyone limps infront of me... No one folds..Raise or Call?I'll go on w/ the hand after I get some replies and thoughts on this.Why do you raise?Why do you call?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probly Raise to max the pot since 77 can play very well multi way, and I can fold it easy if its a bad board. And you might thin out the field, but at 1/2 thats the same odds as ur 77 holding up unimproved.

at superior? 8-handed?i raise in my sleep.im sure theres a good argument about calling with all those limpers, etc.but the normal flop % at superior is 50% or more. those games are crazy loose.its a value raise.

Okay good, I raised, everyone calls...Flop 2-K-K Checked to me... Very Strange IMHO, Everyone limps pre-flop and 2-K-K comes and it's free to me?Why would you check?Why would you raise?How do you deal w/ Re-Raise?

Question about the raise pre-flop...By raising there (and assuming all the limpers will call), arent you giving all the limpers pot odds to chase just about any type of draw? Arent the odds of you winning reduced in a field this large where because of the size of the pot its unlikely that any type of draw or made hand wll fold?

I don't think so since sets hold up very well with ussually only flushes to worry about. You could also make a full house and give everyone odds to chase drawing dead.

Ok. I think I understand now. We are still going for the set and we want to give the chasers odds to call. If someone had bet into you on the flop (and you didnt hit the set), what would you do?

Ok. I think I understand now.  We are still going for the set and we want to give the chasers odds to call.  If someone had bet into you on the flop (and you didnt hit the set), what would you do?
If someone bets into a flop where I dont trip up and im only chasing trips I fold it no question.

So re-itterating... The consensus on this hand is to Check to flop?I'm trying to get a feel for what your thoughts are then I will share mine on what I was thinking... Not just yet though

Correct, basically checking hoping for a free 7 and lots of big bets, or maybe a safe turn and a bet if everyone checks one more time.
Okay.. now why would you want to raise here though?Can't you argue that you'd expose a King? What are your chances that no one has a king and you can represent it?Raising feasible on those lines? Any other reasons to raise?
Correct, basically checking hoping for a free 7 and lots of big bets, or maybe a safe turn and a bet if everyone checks one more time.
Okay.. now why would you want to raise here though?Can't you argue that you'd expose a King? What are your chances that no one has a king and you can represent it?Raising feasible on those lines? Any other reasons to raise?
I'm betting here, the two kings aren't actually all that bad for you. YOu have a very good chance of having the best hand still, so I'm betting here
max the size of the pot
you do know that this is limit right
As in get the most money in when you have a good hand. And I don't think everyone would check the turn again with a king. Not talking about raising really, talking about betting.
max the size of the pot
you do know that this is limit right
As in get the most money in when you have a good hand. And I don't think everyone would check the turn again with a king. Not talking about raising really, talking about betting.
Okay you advocated checking... can't that allow someone to Bluff representing a King on the turn? Or let someone w/ A-Q strike something they just might call-down to the river after no one bet on the Flop?

you raise pre-flop and then check this flop?are we out of our damn minds here?bet the fuck out of that flop.this isnt a haunted house. quit looking for the scary monsters popping out of the dark and start playing poker.

you raise pre-flop and then check this flop?are we out of our damn minds here?bet the fuck out of that flop.this isnt a haunted house. quit looking for the scary monsters popping out of the dark and start playing poker.

I think it's a no-brainer raise on this flop...You raised pre-flop and it's checked to you, They can put you on KQ, AK easily here, some might even put you on KJ and KT...Showing aggression can easily bring out the guy who might have a King and slowplay it... betting also gives you the chance to win it right there, although its low its there... You're also slimming the field because you're not wanting people in on a trip-draw and you can't pray on cards lower than 7 hitting the board conesecutively.betting is correct here I am pretty confident in that... but willing to argue it more ofcourseEdit** Betting not Raising for these... Sorry bout that.

You're going to have a hard time arguing a raise when it's checked to you.Raise preflop.Bet flop (I wonder why everyone is thinking check!? This is a great flop for our hand!)

You're going to have a hard time arguing a raise when it's checked to you.Raise preflop.Bet flop (I wonder why everyone is thinking check!? This is a great flop for our hand!)
My error, I editted that, Meant Betting.