why is phil gordon such a loser

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well don't stop now.....tell us about all the other pros that you hate and why. Tell us about the 3rd grade teacher that made you stand in the corner. This is a great thread and you explain your hate for gordon in such an intellegent and interesting way. Do you by chance think that Annie Duke is ugly. Please tell us about it.

assdouche??good one man.. i would love to play the guy, unfortunately i just got done getting an education and dont have the kind of money this dude has.

Actually Annie is pretty hot. I dont recall sitting in the corner in third grade, but ill think about that smooth comment and get back to you. Where are you from man?? I ask because your sense of humor sucks

HAHA, whats your full name Ol Patrick, your a real fireball. I bet your an animal at the table huh??? Are you a self proclaimed poker pro?? Lets hear your stats?? I dont care how much money we play for, I said I would play you heads up because I thought I could beat you, not because I wanted to see who had the most money. Good luck at the WSOP, your a real highroller buddy!!!
Nope, not a pro; I'm not that self destructive. You challenged me to a heads up match, just like you had immaturely done to a previous poster. I have no qualms playing someone heads up in most games, so I responded with my acceptance. I never said I was a high roller; a high roller to me would want to play for a bit more then $100 per game. I just wouldn't waste my time with someone in this scenario unless it was worthwhile monetarily. An animal? Na, not really; I have more Harrington in me then Hansen.Thank you for the 'good luck', sarcasm or not. You have all my contact info, feel free to use it.Patrick

Unfortunately I dont have that kind of money, I would love to play you sometime though. This internship is kickin my ass, havent had much time to play lately. Good luck with the WSOP though, the first post was a joke because I was bored, I really do think the guys sense of humor is pretty dull and he is kind of irritating, but its not really worth the energy of typing anymore. If you ever want to play, its will.anderson@emp.shentel.com, the rest of you guys have fun arguing with yourselves. On another note, I do think Negreanu is the best player around right now. If you guys wanna bitch and moan about that, go for it.

The only thing that annoys me about Phil Gordon is he reminds me of Nicholas Cage playing a collage of his "evil genius, sarcastic mastermind" characters.....Not sure why he reminds me of that, he just does.I think he is a solid player, though.

congrats kapsig as the newest tard in our small community. i'm glad that we can all listen to your wit on phil gordon's annoying laugh or table presence at a tourney that he won. he must be awful. it must be hard to you with all your greatness.

Where are you from man?? I ask because your sense of humor sucks. Doesn't it suck regardless of where I'm from? Let me just say for everyone that your sense of humor is amazing. We can't stop laughing. We can't compete with your banter or your astute critique of Phil Gordon.

He is a sore loser, but a great player nonetheless.Hand #1377889-3928 at Manalapan (No Limit Hold'em)Started at 12/Apr/04 00:39:46 cyberspo is at seat 0 with $2777. tallphil is at seat 2 with $985. Scarpia is at seat 3 with $1225. Crazy Hippy is at seat 5 with $1156. KTW35 is at seat 7 with $1000. Cold Cash is at seat 9 with $1535. KTW35 posts the small blind of $5. Cold Cash posts the big blind of $10. KTW35: Ks As Pre-flop: cyberspo raises to $35. tallphil calls. Scarpia folds. Crazy Hippy folds. KTW35 reraises to $100. Cold Cash folds. cyberspro calls. tallphil calls. Flop (board: 8s Qs 3d): CptKirkJ checks. cyberspo checks. tallphil bets $250. KTW35 goes all-in for $900. cyberspro folds. tallphil goes all-in for $885. KTW35 is returned $15 (uncalled). Turn (board: 8s Qs 3d Jc): (no action in this round) River (board: 8s Qs 3d Jc Th): (no action in this round) Showdown: KTW35 shows Ks As. KTW35 has Ks As Qs Jc Th: straight, ace high. tallphil shows 6s 5s. tallphil has 6s 8s Qs Jc Th: queen high. Hand #1377889-3928 Summary: $3 is raked from a pot of $2100. KTW35 wins $2097 with straight, ace high.After I won this hand he went on about how bad my play was and this and that. He obviously thought I was someone he could bully at the table. He challenged me to play a heads up SnG for $1,000. I agreed but he never entered the table. He didn't reraise cyberpro and didn't reraise me preflop but called 2 raises :roll: . I just didn't think he made trips on the flop and I had nut flush draw so I went for it after he bet out. Maybe not a super play but for him to call my allin with a very small flush draw and no pair was for sure not a good play. Maybe he thought he the had best draw. I don't know. Assuming he thought I was a mediocre player; and then calls my allin, he should in noway put me on a bluff in that spot. :roll:

Thanks ubiquti and KTW, lets rephrase the first post. I think the guy is irritating and I wouldnt want to play with him. He does sord of remind me of Nicolas Cage and thats never good, have you ever seen Conair? That is exactly the point I was making KTW, the one tourney I saw him play on tv he was a miserably sore loser.

I think Mr. Gordon seems like a genuinly nice individual. I have talked to him on Full Tilt before, and he's always very good about responding to people. He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't look down on someone because he's wealthier than they are. I'd rank him right near the top of "nicest poker players" (at least from the public image he gives off).

Unfortunately I dont have that kind of money, I would love to play you sometime though. This internship is kickin my ass, havent had much time to play lately. Good luck with the WSOP though, the first post was a joke because I was bored, I really do think the guys sense of humor is pretty dull and he is kind of irritating, but its not really worth the energy of typing anymore. If you ever want to play, its will.anderson@emp.shentel.com, the rest of you guys have fun arguing with yourselves. On another note, I do think Negreanu is the best player around right now. If you guys wanna censored and moan about that, go for it.
Fair enough. Your first post would have been better off titled 'Is Phil Gordon a bad player' or some such. Coming out and stating he was without too much previous knowledge of him probably rubbed people the wrong way, myself included.Yeah, I could see Phil irritating some people. I think anyone who has read the Tiltboys stuff though, is bound to like him. Check out tiltboys.com, just a bunch of stories about him and a few other 'known' players who have been friends for a long time, going to Vegas etc. Very funny stuff. Good luck with the internship; you might have gotten off on a semi-bad foot here, but anyone smart enough to stick with their education and not get caught up in 'going pro' can't be all that bad.Patrick
So what events are you going to play in at the WSOP??
I'll only be there for the main event unfortunately, but I'm going to try to play in that one as long as possible. :-) Heh, no, I wish I could get out there earlier but too many other responsibilities with work, etc. I still haven't found out what first day flight I'm playing in, but I'm hoping it's the 2nd or the 3rd. That way I can play as many of the smaller, daily tournaments around town for a day or two in preperation.That's the plan at least - strip clubs are awfully good at distracting me however. :-)Patrick

I went there and stayed at Bally's on my 21st and that damn place is amazing. Good luck, it would be nice to have the loot to enter, thats always been my problem. The only time I ever play for any kind of money is if I go out and get all drunk and throw money on partypoker, usually do either really well or really bad, never an in between

There are two players whom I follow closely -- Phil and Daniel. I've interviewed Phil, and emailed Daniel a couple of days ago for the same reason.In talking with Phil, albeit only through email, he is beyond a classy guy. Anyone who takes the time to learn more about him will realize that he is much more than a poker player. He's an enthusiast of the game who has been able to put himself in position to build his career around that game.Is he as accomplished as some of the other pros out there? Perhaps not. But be mindful that he enjoys informing people about the game and actually works to help instruct newer players. This isn't a guy who makes instructional DVD's and books to make money. So far as we all know, he has the money, the recognition, etc. He's doing it because it's what he loves to do.But, for the continued naysayers, I'd offer this quote from him in the interview I had with Phil... Read into it as you please:= = = = = = = = = = = Many new players may know you only as the co-host for Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown. More experienced players know of your playing experience and success. Could you highlight some of your poker related accomplishments to help educate those who may doubt your experience and playing abilities? I made the final table of the WSOP in 2001 -- 4th place.I won the WPT Aruba in the first season of the WPT.I won the WPT Bay 101 in the second season.I have 11 money finishes in 4 diffferent games at the WSOP.I have the best selling poker book of all-time, Poker: the Real Deal.I am the poker columnist for the #1 sports portal in the world: Espn.com.All that being said, I do not think that I am one of the top 50 players in the world. I am working on my game, every day, and improving. I think critically about the game and have my ego in check -- 5 different river cards in my life and I wouldn't have my job on Bravo or any major tournament wins. = = = = = = = = = = = Doyle once cautioned us all to both win and lose graciously. In this sense, let's show a little respect to players before we resort to name calling on the basis of initial impressions.

Hey buddy, thanks for the info. I already stated earlier that he was a good player and Im sure he is a really nice guy. The first post was out of boredom and initial perceptions. I understand that he is a great guy, enough people have told me in the last hour. Thanks for the recap though!

Hey buddy, thanks for the info. I already stated earlier that he was a good player and Im sure he is a really nice guy. The first post was out of boredom and initial perceptions. I understand that he is a great guy, enough people have told me in the last hour. Thanks for the recap though!
No problem man, just wanting to add to the thread as it was fit. I think your recent posts were being made in the process of my entering that one post.

Obviously the OP is a douch the way he started out. However, remember that opinions on poker players are just like opinions on say your favorite football team or baseball player. If you say the red sox suck that isn't to say you are better than them right? Same with a pro poker player. If you say one sucks... that doesn't mean you can beat them. When I say I think "The Magictian" sucks at poker, doesn't mean that I want to play him. I simply don't like him or his style. Am I qualified to make this statement? Probably not. But who cares? Who is qualified to say red sox fans are losers? No one really. But in this country we can have opinions on anything we want with absolutely no qualification what so ever. It how you present those opinions that matter. The OP obviously didn't know that.Justin

Actually Annie is pretty hot.
Well, the last shred little of credibility just went out the window with that statement. I wasn't going to reply; I couldn't care less about your opinions of Gordon, but "Annie", "pretty" and "hot" just shouldn't be used in the same sentence. :club: :twisted: :D