quiz? help? opinion? daniel?

Here is the situation, what would you do?Game 5/10NL You have about $800 in front of you.You are in the BB with Td7dEP raises to $35 (Paul Wolfe), LP calls, SB calls, you call.Flop 7s7c4s.SB checks, you check, EP bets $80, LP folds, SB raises to $350.It's up to you, do you 1) call2) raise all in3) foldObviously I will update after a while after I get some good conversation out of this. Please note that the result is not important, it's the situation that I would like to get some feedback on.Thanks!

In a cash game., depending if that 800.00 is a lot to me or not.I would push. U cant call this. basically ur looking for a 10 on the turn.3 leftin the deck. If you call this and your 10 doesnt hit then what?Right now. its a cash game.. its now or never.. re-load or leave happy.i say push it. mmmm push it real good..On another side... u could always call to see if Wolfe will call also.. buuuut. your taking a gamble if mr. wolfe has a over pair and it hits.. or w.e.who cares

you have bad game selection
More elabaration on this would be nice. I hope you don't want me to play at another table only because Paul Wolfe is at this one.
unless the table is donktastically fishy, I'm not sitting with a "pro", it's bad game selection to sit with people who have a clue.
Here is the situation, what would you do?Game 5/10NL You have about $800 in front of you.You are in the BB with Td7dEP raises to $35 (Paul Wolfe), LP calls, SB calls, you call.Flop 7s7c4s.SB checks, you check, EP bets $80, LP folds, SB raises to $350.It's up to you, do you 1) call2) raise all in3) foldThanks!
Well first of all.. BET THE FLOP!!! What the heck are you thinking??? Are you hoping to check-raise? I don't think this is a great board for that. SB checks, you check... what the hell is that?Now you're in a censored spot because ya didn't play it right. If you are going in for 350 you are going in for 800. The check raise is pretty lousy on the part of the SB, so you really should have some reads on him. It's a push or fold scenario.... I can find a better spot to get all my chips in there. If I have no reads on the SB, and I don't know what EP is going to do, I fold.
you have bad game selection
More elabaration on this would be nice. I hope you don't want me to play at another table only because Paul Wolfe is at this one.
unless the table is donktastically fishy, I'm not sitting with a "pro", it's bad game selection to sit with people who have a clue.
Fair enough, but that assumes you think he is better than you. I play with pros at the 5/10 NL table quite a bit, so I know I can play with them. But let's forget about this, and concentrate on the game. Pretend it's a 1/2 NL game, whatever limits you are usually playing and assume there are no pros at the table.

This decision is now based totally on your read of this player. Honestly though if he has 44 that would be a very stiff raise with the nuts. I would expect a raise that would want to milk a little more money not a raise of over 4x the original bet. What are you reads on these players?? I think an all in is the way to go depending on your read. He also could have a 56 for an open ender or just ace 4 but I don't know if he is capable of doing this, with out any read.

Well quite frankly I think the play here is to fold. You screwed yourself by checking the flop. You can't call unless you have seen the turn card and know it's going to be a T and reraising all in isn't likely to accomplish a whole heck of a lot except get a call or two from superior hands and/or strong draws. You have no clue where you are now, no way of finding out and trips with a weak kicker against a pro and another player who has shown a lot of strength on this flop. You're in over your head and it's time to bail unless you've got the gamble to push all in and hope you have the best hand and it holds up.

Well first of all.. BET THE FLOP!!! What the heck are you thinking??? Are you hoping to check-raise? I don't think this is a great board for that. SB checks, you check... what the hell is that?Now you're in a censored spot because ya didn't play it right. If you are going in for 350 you are going in for 800. The check raise is pretty lousy on the part of the SB, so you really should have some reads on him. It's a push or fold scenario.... I can find a better spot to get all my chips in there. If I have no reads on the SB, and I don't know what EP is going to do, I fold.
Yep, I guess I could bet the flop there, but how much?I figure with a board of 774, EP raiser and LP might attempt a steal. If EP raiser has an overpair, he can't figure a flop of 774 helped anyone. So yes, I checked with the intention to raise. If the board comes TTx, then I would not try slow play because someone could put me on a T, but on a 7 is much harder.
Well quite frankly I think the play here is to fold. You screwed yourself by checking the flop. You can't call unless you have seen the turn card and know it's going to be a T and reraising all in isn't likely to accomplish a whole heck of a lot except get a call or two from superior hands and/or strong draws. You have no clue where you are now, no way of finding out and trips with a weak kicker against a pro and another player who has shown a lot of strength on this flop. You're in over your head and it's time to bail unless you've got the gamble to push all in and hope you have the best hand and it holds up.
They have shown a lot of strength yes, but with a preflop pot size raise, what are you putting them on here that is beating your trips?Reads on these players is that they are all pretty good. Meaning I don't think anyone is calling with A7 suited or not from an EP raiser, but maybe the SB would, yes. But for $30, I don't think so.

people who are yelling at you to bet the flop are stupid. maybe once out of five times should u come out betting this flop

They have shown a lot of strength yes, but with a preflop pot size raise, what are you putting them on here that is beating your trips?Reads on these players is that they are all pretty good. Meaning I don't think anyone is calling with A7 suited or not from an EP raiser, but maybe the SB would, yes. But for $30, I don't think so.
This is just one of those situations where my experience sets off a lot of red flags in my head. It might be tough to put them on A7s or 44 but then again you are in there with T7s so don't put it past them. I'm going on my experience of how these situations tend to play out and I would fold.

if the sb has a four, which is likely, [he may think wolfe has high cards and is protecting his low pair], your probably not getting much more money out of him after u call the big raise, so u might as well push allin. if small blind has a seven, u call and he maybe slows down realizing its a kicker situation, or u go allin, it really doesnt matter which one u choose there are three plays i see here. the third play is to fold but u can do that only like once out of 10 times or so.

people who are yelling at you to bet the flop are stupid. maybe once out of five times should u come out betting this flop
Care to explain?I can't think of a good reason to give a free card when there is a possible straight, flush or straight flush draw out there. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if someone is holding 5 :club: 6 :D .
i say push it. mmmm push it real good..
Royal, you crack me up :club: As everyone else says, it depends on your read. With no read, I'd push all in because I figure if he has a better hand than me, he wouldn't have bet so much but would have tried to milk the pot instead...
I figure with a board of 774, EP raiser and LP might attempt a steal. If EP raiser has an overpair, he can't figure a flop of 774 helped anyone. So yes, I checked with the intention to raise. If the board comes TTx, then I would not try slow play because someone could put me on a T, but on a 7 is much harder.
Eh... if it was 7-7-3 rainbow, then you'd be OK w/ the check-raise. But against both a straight draw and a flush draw, I'm betting into this crowd every time. Maybe about 3/4 the pot. But with more than two still in there, I'd probably go with a pot sized bet to be a little more on the safe side. If you bet first here, EP is still likely to call or raise with an overpair, and maybe call with two over cards to the board. Then if SB pulls the check-raise, you can give it a little more credance because he's raising into two players who have already shown interest in the board.Reads would definitely be necessary in order for me to make this push. Otherwise I'm out.
This is just one of those situations where my experience sets off a lot of red flags in my head. It might be tough to put them on A7s or 44 but then again you are in there with T7s so don't put it past them. I'm going on my experience of how these situations tend to play out and I would fold.
Hey I'm not saying you are wrong or not, I thank you for your advice. The only reason I'm in there with T7s is I was BB and there were 3 callers infront of me. That's $25 to call a pot that has $115. That's about 21.7%. With straight and flush possibilities, I made the call. I would not have called if I wasn't on the blinds and there weren't 3 people in the pot ahead of me. Nor would I have called in the BB with A7off, and most likely not even with A7s.But I know what you mean, sometimes you just go with your gut.
Hey I'm not saying you are wrong or not, I thank you for your advice. The only reason I'm in there with T7s is I was BB and there were 3 callers infront of me. That's $25 to call a pot that has $115. That's about 21.7%. With straight and flush possibilities, I made the call. I would not have called if I wasn't on the blinds and there weren't 3 people in the pot ahead of me. Nor would I have called in the BB with A7off, and most likely not even with A7s.But I know what you mean, sometimes you just go with your gut.
lol...now we're both trying to be polite. I didn't mean you shouldn't be in there with T7s I was just using the fact that you were as an example of how people get into hands with cards you wouldn't expect them to have.
Care to explain?I can't think of a good reason to give a free card when there is a possible straight, flush or straight flush draw out there. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if someone is holding 5 :club: 6 :D .
ok here goes. this is nl poker , not fixed. big scores are where its at. winning little pots aint paying the billz. u aint scoring big by coming out betting . sure sometimes the players will all check after u , and a free card may burn u, but id say a table check will happen like once out of 5 or 10 times. i mean there was a raise preflop, meaning there is a great chance the raiser bets the flop. plus there are like 5 people in the hand, also meaning that there is a better chance of someone betting it as well.