No-limit Texas Hold'em $20+$2 (real money), #990,298,393Midnight Oil Multi Table Tournament, 15 Jun 2005 2:56 AM ET Seat 1: Villian($3,840 in chips) Seat 2: Hero($5,861 in chips) Seat 4: MP ($2,600 in chips) Seat 5: MP +1 ($7,931 in chips) Seat 7: MP +2($5,398 in chips) Seat 8: CO ($1,081 in chips) Seat 9:SB ($1,620 in chips) Seat 10: BB ($3,325 in chips) ANTES/BLINDSSB posts blind ($75), BB posts blind ($150).Frills311 [ KS :spade: ,KH :heart: ]PRE-FLOPVillian calls $150, Hero bets $500, Everyone else foldsVillian calls $350.FLOP [board cards QS :spade: ,JS :spade: ,5D :diamond: ]Villian checks, Hero bets $1,000, Villian bets $3,340 and is all-in, Hero calls $2,340.TURN [8D :diamond: ]RIVER [3S :spade: ]Did I play this right? Or should I have jammed PF?

Not sure the pre-flop raise was big enough (I've heard that 4X the BB PLUS one BB per person already in is a good rough formula). After the check-raise, easy call in my mind (pot committed...no?) :wink:

He had K :club: T :D So an OESD and a backdoor flush draw...the called me the donk and that I merely won a race.
whaaaaa? that's crazy-talk...you played it correctly IMO (if that means anything...lol) :wink:

absolutely do not need to raise more pre-flop. you want action with your kings, and you want to be heads-up. you want to bet 3-4x bb so someone with a hand like KTs calls (making a mistake).

He had K :club: T :D So an OESD and a backdoor flush draw...the called me the donk and that I merely won a race.
Funny that he called you a donk after calling your preflop raise with an utterly dominated hand. You were still a 2-1 favorite after the flop (http://twodimes.net/h/?z=1032729) and after the turn (http://twodimes.net/h/?z=1032731).Nice hand. I :D arrogant donks.

Always jam pre-flop with aces and kings - just kidding. I was thinking of another thread....You played it well - I might have raised it a bit more than $500 but that's a quibble. Nice hand.Love that comment from the other player - they make a suspect play and then blame you!