why not to use poker source online

Sorry, but I think those taking the "high ground" are getting way sucked in. This was obviously a scam. Who would encourage anyone with alzheimer's/parkinson's to start playing poker?This is a guy who got caught and decided to try and get some revenge. My experience with PSO has been nothing but positive. I just find it funny that so many good poker players fell for such an obvious bluff.
I still think most are missing the point. They still handled the situation incorrectly without knowing FOR CERTAIN whether it was a scam attempt or not.It still bugs me.
Let's put it this way. I'd shove my chips in that this is a scam.Could PSO have handled the situation more tactfully? Absolutely. However, I'd also be willing to three-bet that they get many, many, scam attempts a day. After a while that's got to get on your nerves. How would you feel when someone accuses you of insulting/disrespecting some old guy who probably can't even remember his kid's name?As I recall, the supposed disabled person hung up, not PSO. This leads me to believe even more strongly it was a scam. If someone scams my business, and then tries to insult me about not falling for it, I'd be pretty censored too.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, well I'm not going to be able to show everyone what I mean, obviously. My point had nothing to do with whether it was a scam. The issue, for me, was that they did not know either way and just immediately went to making fun of the guy. I didn't feel that was right.However, the situation was evidently much different than what one would percieve when reading the thread from the beginning, and I was wrong.Sorry.(This edit is to get out a bit of the frustrations and random energy I have right now:Yes I just admitted I was wrong. Print this b/tch out and paste it on your computer desk as a reference if you are someone who cannot figure out how to do this. You know who you are.We can't be humble all the time. :club: )

Eh, well I'm not going to be able to show everyone what I mean, obviously. My point had nothing to do with whether it was a scam. The issue, for me, was that they did not know either way and just immediately went to making fun of the guy. I didn't feel that was right.However, the situation was evidently much different than what one would percieve when reading the thread from the beginning, and I was wrong.Sorry.
No need to apologize at all.I see and most definately respect what you're trying to say. I just happen to feel that my strong belief that this is a scam precludes my feeling any sympathy for the OP on that thread, and therefore any problems with what the people who run it have to say.My grandmother had alzheimer's so I am in no way unsympathetic to the situation, I just think that in this case someone is trying to play on our sympathies for their own agenda.

I think Miles has hit the nail on the head.A lot of confusion is due to the admin's lack of clarity. At first, he said he thought the guy was full of crap. Then he mentioned all the people who try to scam them everyday. This lead me (and I think most of the people who read the post) to judge that he did NOT actually know of the OP's specific post, and he was just making that assumption.Which is why my reply was a two sided coin. The admin said he was lying and berated him for it. There are two possible circumstances:1) The guy was full of crap, a bitter kid with a rejected ID. 2) The guy was right on, his dad is disabled, etc.My point was that because the admin did not know whether 1 or 2 was the actual circumstance, his response was based on nothing more than an assumption, and blowing up on someone when the 2nd possibility plausibly existed is absolutely wrong.

As a fairly happy PSO member... lemme add my 2 cents.Do I believe Mike that he was scamming? Yes (Although I'm a douche when it comes to proof, and I would love to see everything for myself, lol)Do I think he could have been more professional? Definitely, he's still a quasi business man and should act like it.That's about it.

Never signed up with them and probably never will since I don't like giving away that personal info as someone pointed out earlier. On top of that a lot of MikeJ's replies make him sound like a little snotnose kid.

Never signed up with them and probably never will since I don't like giving away that personal info as someone pointed out earlier. On top of that a lot of MikeJ's replies make him sound like a little snotnose kid.
You don't have to.Only when you use Instant Bankroll.I have never had to call them or anything.

You guys don't know what it is like to have to deal DAILY with people who are LYING to you to procure something you have (whether it be information or money). If my job didn't have such strict responses for people who call in LYING ABOUT THEIR IDENTITY I would probably be rather descriptive. When those same people say it is our fault for their inability to use the system, it is their last ditch effort to try to get what they want, but everyone at our job knows we're capable of discerning who is who and what is what.So is PSO. It is their BUSINESS. Mike's the admin and he can set the rules. The defense of this joker could be compared to you guys going to a convenience store and calling the store clerk an insensitive punk for not giving his money to the burglar that didn't have a loaded gun.Seriously. Use PSO and don't give any more creedence to this punk's post.

You guys don't know what it is like to have to deal DAILY with people who are LYING to you to procure something you have (whether it be information or money). If my job didn't have such strict responses for people who call in LYING ABOUT THEIR IDENTITY I would probably be rather descriptive. When those same people say it is our fault for their inability to use the system, it is their last ditch effort to try to get what they want, but everyone at our job knows we're capable of discerning who is who and what is what.So is PSO. It is their BUSINESS. Mike's the admin and he can set the rules. The defense of this joker could be compared to you guys going to a convenience store and calling the store clerk an insensitive punk for not giving his money to the burglar that didn't have a loaded gun.Seriously. Use PSO and don't give any more creedence to this punk's post.
I guess you still don't get that we weren't really defending the OP. See previous posts.Besides, I thought we put that part of this thread to rest already.

Miles, I read the previous posts, you might notice I am several of them.In any event, Miss Cleo called and she said the islands told her a story you should hear for 90 cents a minute.Have a good night.

Miles, I read the previous posts, you might notice I am several of them.In any event, Miss Cleo called and she said the islands told her a story you should hear for 90 cents a minute.Have a good night.
Now you're just being a jackass. I've been nothing but kind.Alright, buddy, if you have read the posts (yeah i read yours, too, where you repeat the same thing every post), why do you still not understand?We put this damn thread to rest hours ago. What the hell are you still tugging on my nuts for?
Because people are still being misled by your mistake and your "jumping to conclusions" is anything but kind. KIND would be private messaging each person who thinks MikeJ acted irresponsibly in his replies to you and telling them how right MikeJ was and how wrong you were.In any event, yes, my miss cleo comment was a bit too much and I'm sorry for that. Still, it accurately depicts what I thought of the replies I read.
Because people are still being misled by your mistake and your "jumping to conclusions" is anything but kind. KIND would be private messaging each person who thinks MikeJ acted irresponsibly in his replies to you and telling them how right MikeJ was and how wrong you were.In any event, yes, my miss cleo comment was a bit too much and I'm sorry for that. Still, it accurately depicts what I thought of the replies I read.
You see, I still don't think MikeJ was right in his comments. People can read a damn thread, I've apologized in some manner in both this and the one at PSO. That is plenty. I still think he was very unprofessional in his handling of the situation -- an understatement.In fact, I feel he did still act irresponsibly in the beginning of the PSO thread. I was really not all that wrong, considering my point (which you have still failed to grasp) was that he was unnecessarily harsh in his handling of the situation. It has nothing to do with whether the bit was a scam. Evidently you have poor reading comprehension. If you still can't understand, then reply as much as you want. You are just being damned ridiculous after this issue had already been dealt with by me, and my point already finely detailed.
You see, I still don't think MikeJ was right in his comments. People can read a damn thread, I've apologized in some manner in both this and the one at PSO. That is plenty. I still think he was very unprofessional in his handling of the situation -- an understatement.In fact, I feel he did still act irresponsibly in the beginning of the PSO thread. I was really not all that wrong, considering my point (which you have still failed to grasp) was that he was unnecessarily harsh in his handling of the situation. It has nothing to do with whether the bit was a scam. Evidently you have poor reading comprehension. If you still can't understand, then reply as much as you want. You are just being damned ridiculous after this issue had already been dealt with by me, and my point already finely detailed.
Read the previous posts. I said you don't understand what it is like to be scammed by people every day. Thus, your interpretation of MikeJ's comments flawed as you interpret it as if it is a unique situation. I can't even tell you what I do for a living my reading comprehension is that low. :roll: But you're right, and here is my sarcastic wit again, I did miss your point, but you never had one anyhow. Be sure to wear a sweater to keep your heart warm.In any event, I'm done.
Read the previous posts. I said you don't understand what it is like to be scammed by people every day. Thus, your interpretation of MikeJ's comments flawed as you interpret it as if it is a unique situation. I can't even tell you what I do for a living my reading comprehension is that low. :roll: But you're right, and here is my sarcastic wit again, I did miss your point, but you never had one anyhow. Be sure to wear a sweater to keep your heart warm.In any event, I'm done.
Haha, Mike is a site admin, not a phone operator buddy. I had a point, it was evidently above you. I read a million damn times what you do for a living, and it really doesn't affect the sitation. Common decency, humanitarianism, business sense.Maybe we just disagree about whether bitterness about your career should affect how you deal with a human being.Your wit leaves something to be desired. Especially since evidently it is my heart that is warm, which would be why I stood up when I felt someone was treating someone else with unnecessary contempt. It's been fun listening to you. Reminds me of the parrot at the pet store, except he knew more words.
*squawk* :wink: I can't believe you're still talking. I'm not going to reply anymore because you're the guy who thought the OP at PSO wasn't lying!
NO! I didn't ever say he wasn't lying! Good lord. You are dense.Whether he was lying or not is irrelevent!

After reading through both threads here and on PSO, I understand your point Miles. However, I have to disagree because it seems to me that MikeJ DID have all the information before his original post. He didn't feel at the time to go into detail and reveal some of their policies and the way they handle things (as he did later on in the thread) because he probably assumed everyone else would think that the OP was full of crap. I believe that your point was that he made insensitive comments before knowing all the facts, and if that were true, I would agree with you. But he made those "insensitive" comments knowing the facts and was just being a dick to the scammer. Just my 2 cents.

sounds like a business that is growing to fast to manage.... it happens. I'm happy with my PSO multiple experiences.meanwhile, send in the consultants and set up a customer service action plan and all sorts of other stupid gibberish.

I read both threads last night and the thing that still sticks in my mind is that YOU folks jumped all over his back even though you had NO CLUE what had taken place. Half of you ASSUMED that what the OP said was true. Next time, get all the facts before you:a) Create a topic here about it.B) Create an account there to complain about it.c) Jump all over his back.I know you guys had good intentions, but that turned into a real embarassment.

i'm not trying to be a posterboy for PSO or anything, so no need to apologize to me if you don't want to take your business to them.that said, here are my condensed thoughts:- could PSO have acted better and more tactfully? yes.- are they justified in their views? yes.- do i find enough fault in them to take my business elsewhere? no.to quote two strong posts that i agree with:

As a fairly happy PSO member... lemme add my 2 cents.  Do I believe Mike that he was scamming? Yes (Although I'm a douche when it comes to proof, and I would love to see everything for myself, lol)  Do I think he could have been more professional? Definitely, he's still a quasi business man and should act like it.  That's about it.
I read both threads last night and the thing that still sticks in my mind is that YOU folks jumped all over his back even though you had NO CLUE what had taken place. Half of you ASSUMED that what the OP said was true. Next time, get all the facts before you:  a) Create a topic here about it.  B) Create an account there to complain about it.  c) Jump all over his back.  I know you guys had good intentions, but that turned into a real embarassment.
aseem
I read both threads last night and the thing that still sticks in my mind is that YOU folks jumped all over his back even though you had NO CLUE what had taken place. Half of you ASSUMED that what the OP said was true. Next time, get all the facts before you:a) Create a topic here about it.B) Create an account there to complain about it.c) Jump all over his back.I know you guys had good intentions, but that turned into a real embarassment.
The fact that I have to say the same goddamn thing over and over to get a point across is starting to piss me off.Had the admin actually come out and stated that he knew the specific situation, this whole thing wouldn't have gotten started. The assumptions we took--and yes, i was the one who really got this thing started--were logical. Why? By saying he "thought" the guy was lying then immediately describing all the scams, the admin had a tone that, clear as day, implied that he did not know the specific case. The assumptions we took were logical. Miles, JWeb and I jumped on this.It wasn't until much later that he revealed that he did, in fact, know the specific situation (although PMs from other users on the site suggest that Mike was just lying to help his own case). Then people started jumping on Miles (and to a lesser degree, the rest of us FCP'ers) for the things we had written--which, of course, look stupid in retrospect. Statements like yours, Custom, are such an example. If you had actually read what I followed up with after Mike disclosed that he knew the case, you wouldn't make such an asinine comment. So don't get on our backs for making asinine ones, which were completely justified at the time, given what the admin had told us.