$1/$2 FullTiltCO postsPreflop: econ_tim2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, econ_tim calls, CO checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (6 SB) [8d 8h 4d]SB checks, BB bets, MP1 calls, 1 fold, econ_tim 3 folds, MP1 calls.Turn: (5.5 BB) [3s]MP1 checks, econ_tim MP1 calls.River: (6.5 BB) [Jc]MP1 bets, econ_tim calls.Final pot: 7.5 BBLook OK?

PRESTOYou played it correctly. He has to have a J to beat you. An 8 c/r the turn. I dont think you should raise this river, bc he's only folding hands that are worse than yours and calling with only that are better except maybe a 3 or a 4, but absent of reads I doubt it. Any 4 would raise the turn for information, no 3 is staying in for a bet on the flop. He's probably got a J or nothing. Just call.

River call's a little scetchy.I'd raise or fold there.
How would a raise here be good? Almost any hand you beat will fold and a hand that beats you will call. The only hands that beat you that this might get to fold are 66 or 77 which I highly doubt they would bet here. There are very few people at this level that would fold a J here to a raise.As for the call, the villain only has to be betting a busted flush here about one time in 8 (the pot is actually 8.5BB to you when he bets on the river.) I think this easily happens enough to justify the call but it is borderline.Zara

I like the flop raise. It got heads up, so I think a check behind on the turn and river call is the best play here. He did bet into about 6 people on the flop, with no draw possible. So with position on the turn, you can check behind feeling like your hand is still good, avoid getting check raised by an 8 or a bluff, and play a smaller pot with a small hand.

I like the flop raise. It got heads up, so I think a check behind on the turn and river call is the best play here. He did bet into about 6 people on the flop, with no draw possible. So with position on the turn, you can check behind feeling like your hand is still good, avoid getting check raised by an 8 or a bluff, and play a smaller pot with a small hand.
My opponent didn't bet the flop. He just called, so I put him on overs or a flush draw.

You're right, I reread that he was the caller, sorry I misread that. Either way, you still should check behind on the turn here. Don't you think villian would wait until the turn to pull the trigger with a check-raise if he did have the 8? The BB bet into a field on the flop, he called with multiple players behind him, then called a raise. I'd say an 8 is very likely. If he has the flush draw, a bet isn't going to protect your hand, he is going to the river with that.

Perfectly played. The raise on the flop is important to isolate. You probably have the best hand at this point. Checking the turn would be a very weak play, as you're letting overcards getting a free look at the river. Again, barring an 8 or an overpair, you're best here. Pushing that equity edge has to be good. Calling on the river is also fine; raising and folding are both ridiculous.You're not raising for value (worse hands won't be calling) and you're not going to be able to fold a jack of any kind. A more interesting question comes on the river if he checks to you. Then checking through, bet/calling and bet/folding all seem like reasonable options, although I'd tend to lean towards the betting options.

Almost any hand you beat will fold and a hand that beats you will call.No.You'll fold a lot of weak jacks.
Without a read on the villain you can safely say "Not at this level"Sure your getting 7.5 - 1 but at 1/2 your not going to generate enough fold equity

No one folds the flop here?I'm dead to two outs against 8x or any PP 66 and above. Even if I have the best hand, I still have half the deck as overcards that can beat me on the last two streets.Raising the flop is much better than calling, but it's all -EV.

No one folds the flop here?I'm dead to two outs against 8x or any PP 66 and above. Even if I have the best hand, I still have half the deck as overcards that can beat me on the last two streets.Raising the flop is much better than calling, but it's all -EV.
No way I fold the flop here. You are only behind to an 8, or an overpair.Since there was no preflop raise, Im not putting anyone on TT-AA. That leaves 99-66, and x8 to beat you.I like the flop raise, as you may catch someone with a 4 here. The fact they only called tells me Im probably best. (disregarding the fact that this was a horribly played AA by the villain).The J on the river is a bit worrysome, but Im not letting one overcard scare me out. If this was the second overcard, other than the 8, or there were more people in the hand, Id fold. But since its heads up on the river, Im still feeling Im best here.Dev
I fold. Not enough in the pot to bother going up against so many superior/drawing hand possibilities.
No way I fold the flop here. You are only behind to an 8, or an overpair.Since there was no preflop raise, Im not putting anyone on TT-AA. That leaves 99-66, and x8 to beat you.I like the flop raise, as you may catch someone with a 4 here. The fact they only called tells me Im probably best. (disregarding the fact that this was a horribly played AA by the villain).The J on the river is a bit worrysome, but Im not letting one overcard scare me out. If this was the second overcard, other than the 8, or there were more people in the hand, Id fold. But since its heads up on the river, Im still feeling Im best here.Dev
I wouldn't want to play this hand against diamond overcards, that's for sure. There's just not enough money in the pot for me to draw to two blanks on this one. Even if you have the best hand right now, the reverse implied odds against you here are a whole lot bigger than the implied odds.No thanks.

Folding is absolutely ridiculous. Not to be mean, but if you fold this flop, you really need to re-examine your game, because this is a monsterous hole. You're only behind an 8, pocket 4s, or a bigger pocket pair. You're drawing about even with a flush draw with 2 overs, and that's much stronger than the probable range of hands you're dealing with. You definitely have the equity here to justify a raise. It's absolutely textbook.

cddc, I'd probably fold. I agree that this pot doesn't seem worth it. Even if the BB doesn't have the 8, the CO could have it, or the SB could be slow-playing it. Heck, any of the opponents could have 66, 77, or 99. You're also having to dodge a lot of cards (diamonds and overs).However, if I'm going to play it, I'm definitely raising to get information and take control of the hand.I also agree that hell is going to freeze over before someone folds a jack here.smash, the OP was in MP.