Well, tonight, I made a mistake that I've never done before, and I was rather pissed when it happened(particularly at myself, but at the situation overall).Tonight at a B&M tourney. $25 buy-in (T1500)with unlimited re-buys (T1000)first hour, you can rebuy whenever you have 1500 or less chips, So almost everybody starts out rebuying to start with 2500 in chips (I did as well.)So there are two guys at the table who were going all-in in the dark the first 3 hands. One guy continues to do so. Its the 6th hand, and the one guy who has continued to do so (has me covered as he tripled up the previous hand) I look down to 77, so I decide to call. Everybody else folds so its heads-up. The dealer says "alright guys, go ahead and put the cards up here" and I lightly toss my cards and one of them landed on its corner and barely touched one card that was considered to be in the muck, the hand was clearly visible the entire time it did not flip over or anything. "well, that hands dead, doesn't even matter now, so do you want to rebuy buddy?" I was in destructive mode tilt at that point and not even remotely in the mood to play cards anymore, so I left and broke as many traffic laws as possible on the way home. Went and lifted to relieve some stress, now just sharing the experience.So, to anybody that the thought has never crossed your mind, don't let your cards get anywhere remotely close to the muck until after the hand is done, and just keep them close to you.

Well, tonight, I made a mistake that I've never done before, and I was rather pissed when it happened(particularly at myself, but at the situation overall).Tonight at a B&M tourney. $25 buy-in (T1500)with unlimited re-buys (T1000)first hour, you can rebuy whenever you have 1500 or less chips, So almost everybody starts out rebuying to start with 2500 in chips (I did as well.)So there are two guys at the table who were going all-in in the dark the first 3 hands. One guy continues to do so. Its the 6th hand, and the one guy who has continued to do so (has me covered as he tripled up the previous hand) I look down to 77, so I decide to call. Everybody else folds so its heads-up. The dealer says "alright guys, go ahead and put the cards up here" and I lightly toss my cards and one of them landed on its corner and barely touched one card that was considered to be in the muck, the hand was clearly visible the entire time it did not flip over or anything. "well, that hands dead, doesn't even matter now, so do you want to rebuy buddy?" I was in destructive mode tilt at that point and not even remotely in the mood to play cards anymore, so I left and broke as many traffic laws as possible on the way home. Went and lifted to relieve some stress, now just sharing the experience.So, to anybody that the thought has never crossed your mind, don't let your cards get anywhere remotely close to the muck until after the hand is done, and just keep them close to you.
Ouch, that's one shitty tough break. Sorry to hear it, dude. Hope you can just cool off and go back at it.

Dude, you broke traffic laws? Thats just not cool. The sponsors of the Ball State rugby team are gonna be ticked off. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Dude, you broke traffic laws?   Thats just not cool.  The sponsors of the Ball State rugby team are gonna be ticked off.  You should be ashamed of yourself.
I'll go sit in the corner in timeout to make everything better. It'll give me "time to think about what I did."

Hey Dude, I play loose prop for the Fort Wayne Rugby team up north!! Small friggin' world. You need to come up for the Three Rivers Tourney next month!!!

Hey Dude, I play loose prop for the Fort Wayne Rugby team up north!!  Small friggin' world.  You need to come up for the Three Rivers Tourney next month!!!
Actually, there is a strong possibility that several of us will be up there for it. I'm a prop as well.

Your situation is definitely worse than mine since your cards were face up and obviously you weren't folding. IMO, I think you got screwed.One time I was at Trump Gary playing 10/20 and a hand that I was in, everyone folded to my river bet and I lightly tossed my cards a bit in front of me, but I then realize that the guy on my left was all in on the flop. I was just about to say, "hey wait" and the ahole dealer snatches my cards and mixes them into the muck and says, "player mucks his cards, wins side pot". Guy all in had AA and I had trips K's, so I lost out on about $100 extra. It was BS, but lesson learned to wait until the dealer is pushing your chips to you before you let go of your cards.

Well, tonight, I made a mistake that I've never done before, and I was rather pissed when it happened(particularly at myself, but at the situation overall).Tonight at a B&M tourney.  $25 buy-in (T1500)with unlimited re-buys (T1000)first hour, you can rebuy whenever you have 1500 or less chips, So almost everybody starts out rebuying to start with 2500 in chips (I did as well.)So there are two guys at the table who were going all-in in the dark the first 3 hands.  One guy continues to do so.  Its the 6th hand, and the one guy who has continued to do so (has me covered as he tripled up the previous hand)  I look down to 77, so I decide to call.     Everybody else folds so its heads-up.  The dealer says "alright guys, go ahead and put the cards up here" and I lightly toss my cards and one of them landed on its corner and barely touched one card that was considered to be in the muck, the hand was clearly visible the entire time it did not flip over or anything. "well, that hands dead, doesn't even matter now, so do you want to rebuy buddy?"  I was in destructive mode tilt at that point and not even remotely in the mood to play cards anymore, so I left and broke as many traffic laws as possible on the way home.  Went and lifted to relieve some stress, now just sharing the experience.So, to anybody that the thought has never crossed your mind, don't let your cards get anywhere remotely close to the muck until after the hand is done, and just keep them close to you.
I know that "rules are rules," but for crying out loud, that's rediculous to have a dealer enforce that in a $25 buy-in tourney, imo.So what did the other player have?
Well, tonight, I made a mistake that I've never done before, and I was rather pissed when it happened(particularly at myself, but at the situation overall).Tonight at a B&M tourney.  $25 buy-in (T1500)with unlimited re-buys (T1000)first hour, you can rebuy whenever you have 1500 or less chips, So almost everybody starts out rebuying to start with 2500 in chips (I did as well.)So there are two guys at the table who were going all-in in the dark the first 3 hands.  One guy continues to do so.  Its the 6th hand, and the one guy who has continued to do so (has me covered as he tripled up the previous hand)  I look down to 77, so I decide to call.     Everybody else folds so its heads-up.  The dealer says "alright guys, go ahead and put the cards up here" and I lightly toss my cards and one of them landed on its corner and barely touched one card that was considered to be in the muck, the hand was clearly visible the entire time it did not flip over or anything. "well, that hands dead, doesn't even matter now, so do you want to rebuy buddy?"  I was in destructive mode tilt at that point and not even remotely in the mood to play cards anymore, so I left and broke as many traffic laws as possible on the way home.  Went and lifted to relieve some stress, now just sharing the experience.So, to anybody that the thought has never crossed your mind, don't let your cards get anywhere remotely close to the muck until after the hand is done, and just keep them close to you.
athat sucks bad.How about the guy in the rebuy tourney at the wsop who said he asked the dealer where to do with his chips during the break and he said the deaLER told him to take them with him till the breakl was over.he proceeded to take them with him and was Dqd when he returned.Video is on Cardplayer.com
athat sucks bad.How about the guy in the rebuy tourney at the wsop who said he asked the dealer where to do with his chips during the break and he said the deaLER told him to take them with him till the breakl was over.he proceeded to take them with him and was Dqd when he returned.Video is on Cardplayer.com
omg, link?
As frightening as this sounds, the rugby guys will get it. My father was a hooker at Minnesota in the 60's.
:club: , thats the thing about us props, we always support hookers.
It was BS, but lesson learned to wait until the dealer is pushing your chips to you before you let go of your cards.
Indeed.

Damn rules.I'd be willing to bet if you went in with KK and he turned over AA, but got mucked in the same manner you'd be all kinds of happy.Just kidding more or less. Technically your hand is dead, but yeah, it was a tough break. Did you actually say "call?"

Damn rules.I'd be willing to bet if you went in with KK and he turned over AA, but got mucked in the same manner you'd be all kinds of happy.Just kidding more or less. Technically your hand is dead, but yeah, it was a tough break. Did you actually say "call?"
Yes, I actually said "call." If he turned over AA, then that would be that and I'd lose the hand if the board didn't help me. This isn't likely as he's been going all in in the dark time after time.Why would I be happy, I still would have lost all of my chips, and not even get to see the board flop.Also, the majority consensus over on 2+2 is that the dealer made an incorrect call and that the hand should have been played out. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...=5&o=14&fpart=1