2017 Trade Deadline Stuff

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OIlers fans: He traded Eberle so they could afford to re-sign Mcdavid and Draisatl   *Chiarelli bursts through a wall like the Kool-Aid man holding Kris Russel extension paperwork

Thats a 3-1 lead talking.

Burrows to Ottawa, Ott to Montreal. These teams are trying to make me hate them more than I already do.

Hate the Hjalmersson trade for Chicago. Not sure about the Panarin one. To be honest, I thought Saad was a more productive player. 53 points career high. Those are Jordan Eberle numbers.

Hate the Hjalmersson trade for Chicago. Not sure about the Panarin one. To be honest, I thought Saad was a more productive player. 53 points career high. Those are Jordan Eberle numbers.

He got almost no PP time in Columbus last year. His even strength scoring was among the best in the league I seem to recall without looking up the stats.

Eberle had 76 points once!

Saad is apparently younger than Panarin and signed longer. Dollar value the same I think. So kinda see where Chicago is coming from.

Can Panarin thrive without Kane? Sure hope so.

I love the Hawks. There is just no sitting on your laurels in that organization

They can't afford to thanks to Seabrook's contract. Did Negreanu sign that?

I guess the 2 extra years for Saad is the compensation for the talent gap (if there even is one). Panarin will probably make more than $6M in 3 years

- I would usually hate the Hjalm trade, but I have a thing for Connor Murphy. I think that guy might be on the upswing, whereas we have the seen the best of Hjalm. Murphy could make that deal really one sided in 2years

- Not sure about Panarin/Saad. Panarin seems to have better skills, but maybe Saad is a better all around player, talk of Toews+Kane wanting Saad back. Be interesting to see Panarin stats without Kane.

On the surface, Im not sure I like either deal. But its the Hawks, I give them a pass more than most teams, they make some really smart moves at times, ones I didnt see coming. I just love their willingness to be the best, and take risks.

Panarin will probably make more than $6M in 3 years

I think this is key. You have to get to this realization and act soon before you are already there, and the players value is even more drastically declining. Hjal was going to get big $ in 2yrs. Panarin in 3.

Look at 2020 with Saad+Murphy vs Panarin+Hjal. I think an argument can be made you are winning huge then, and you may even win the deal first 2 years too, if the players play well.

Also, I could see in 2020 Forsberg being their #1 gtd, hes that good, I think.

wow. In a vacuum, I really like both Arizona trades today. Not sure they are where they think they are in their rebuild though.

you like 7th overall for Raanta+Stepan? Im not so sure, but thats because its Arizona, and I dont get the need for Stepan on that team, or even Raanta at that cost. Not a fan of it, if it was the Oilers/Leafs(someone much closer in their rebuild), then I get such a price. Otherwise....nah.

Yeah. Stepan is a top line forward. Raanta is probably one of, if not the best goalie that was potentially available. He's a safer bet than Talbot or Martin Jones were when they were picked up by SJ and EDM.

#7 pick is overvalued around draft time. Obviously a great asset, but to get 2 really strong, established players for it is a good deal in my opinion. I'm not sure it makes sense for Ariona right now, but they obviously feel like they are ready to compete

Stepan point production last 4 years: 57, 55, 53, 55. He's signed 4 more years at a reasonable 6.5M. I think Stepan for #7 would have been a fairly even trade.

point production last 4 years (I know points aren't everything, but they are a batter indication of talent than, umm, intangibles and stuff.)

Player A: 57, 55, 53, 55 - major part of trade for #7 overall pick

Player B: 47, 52, 53, 53 - Traded for a top 10 forward in the entire NHL

Player C: 65, 63, 47, 51 - Traded for a middling 3rd line center

hmm..

I have no problem dealing Stepan. I think he is overvalued. He had a horrible playoff and has been horrendous on the PP for a couple of years now. Not good at faceoffs. More often than not, the Rangers would have a 1:40 PP instead of 2 minutes

I cringe everytime one of his drop passes results in a breakaway to the other end. He also passes way to much

If Deangelo turns out to be a good player, I like this deal

I guess for me, I dont think Stepan at 6.5m is that great of a contract. So, it doesnt feel like you are getting anything that much higher than replacement value of a UFA, since Stepan is 27 and signed to 5more years? So I dont like him that much as an asset. I base that on the fact that I think...

1. His points are a reflection of the opportunity he was given, and he was given a fair amount. ie top line minutes, top PP time

2. I dont believe he is actually a #1C. I think he makes a good #2C, and that makes his 6.5m tougher to swallow

3. I think he disappointed me in a pool last year, so Fck him. Oh, I think it was the FCHL I just realized.

4. Only an idiot would give up a high pick to acquire Stepan

5. Only a bigger idiot would give up a pick so high, it becomes Panarin

You gotta admit, the trades today have a pretty funny irony Dave, and it only just hit me now. lol

(to those not able to follow, I made a trade with Dave in FCHL where I think it was Stepan for the #11 overall pick, which he used on Panarin. Stepan had 2/3yrs at a very cost effective $1 I think)