2017 Trade Deadline Stuff

Dahlen for Burrows will probably turn out to be the worst trade. Poor Sens fans.

2G last night \o/

The trade was one thing -- doubling down in the extension was extra iffy.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OIlers fans: He traded Eberle so they could afford to re-sign Mcdavid and Draisatl   *Chiarelli bursts through a wall like the Kool-Aid man holding Kris Russel extension paperwork

Thats a 3-1 lead talking.

Burrows to Ottawa, Ott to Montreal. These teams are trying to make me hate them more than I already do.

May as well resurrect this thread to track the new shenanigans.

Drouin and a conditional pick to Montreal...Sergachev and a conditional pick to Tampa

Drouin signs 6 year-$33M contract

Rumours

- Phaneuf to EDM

- E. Vagina to PIT

- Galchenyuk to ________

rumour is that Islanders giving up a 1st

Sounds like CBJ are giving up a 1st for Vegas to not pick a few guys too.

Rumours swirling of a MTL-NYI deal involving Galchenyuk, Leddy, plus...

After reading all the lists, who do you think the best 3 players available to vegas are?

Tough one I would go

Neil

Dumba

Sami Vananen

Honorable mention to

Raanta

Bryan rust

Marc Andre fleury

I left out free agents

That's a hard question to answer. Guys like Manson or Strome would be good prospects for Vegas, but there are some good players who would be good trade bait.

Vegas should definitely pick Raanta.

That's a hard question to answer. Guys like Manson or Strome would be good prospects for Vegas, but there are some good players who would be good trade bait.

Vegas should definitely pick Raanta.

Seems like Strome was left out there since they are taking Garbo

Seems like Strome was left out there since they are taking Garbo

It appears Vegas is getting 1st round picks from both NYI and CBJ. ANA doesn't have a 1st so that should be interesting. Apparently CHI is giving van Riemsdyk to Vegas if they select Kruger.

Dumba

Vatanen

Fleury

those 3 really stick out for me.

I think the key to this expansion draft is all the side deals you make this week. Not just trying to get assets for not taking certain players, but seeing what other teams want from the unprotected lists. Maybe instead of taking Dumba, I take Staal, and trade him to Edmonton for Nugent-Hopkins/Eberle? .....find a D to send to the Leafs for multiple prospects? Sooooo many options, its scary.

Fleury to Calgary made so much sense to me, I suspect Cgy tried and they couldnt figure something out with LVK, and just bit the bullet on Smith. Which, btw, Im not sure was the best move, but we'll see

I'm not 100% sure Fleury gets picked. There are some decent to good goalies out there. Fleury has a reputation above his actual output though. Only other option from the Pens is like Bryan Rust I guess?

I think ANA has a deal in place so they don't lose Manson or Vatanen. Vegas probably takes Logan Shaw or Patrick Eaves.

There are a few teams Vegas probably won't want anyone from...NJD, SJS, VAN, etc... so they'll just pick a UFA. They only need to pick 20 players under contract and they'll definitely want to leave themselves some room.

I think ANA has a deal in place so they don't lose Manson or Vatanen. Vegas probably takes Logan Shaw or Patrick Eaves.

ya, Ana been pretty widely reported. Them NYI+CBJ seem to be the ones known for sure to have made deals. Evidently as of Sunday, there were already 9 deals made by LV

on the other hand, they are passing up a lot of potentially good players just to stockpile draft picks in what is considered a fairly weak draft.