• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a matter of taking off your foul-mouthed, beer swilling fanatical hat for a moment and putting on your decent human hat.

as a jaded blue jays fan, my arguments for signing Bautista for whatever he is asking:   1. If they don't spend it on Bautista, it won't get "Better spent elsewhere" on other players. This is the bl

Here's a good example how the Jays current run can establish life long fans throughout the county.   My nephew who is 11 years old lives in Montreal and only cared about hockey last few years. Love

I'm not a fan of the strikeouts either, though for a hitter, striking out isn't necessarily worse than anything else if you are also walking and watching pitches (which doesn't seem to be the case).

And...why is Gavin Floyd staying in to pitch a second inning, the 8th inning, against the heart of the order in a 1-run game? I know some guys are on two straight days, but Gavin Floyd should not be pitching a second inning in anything but a blowout, should not be pitching the 8th, and not be pitching to the middle of the order! Nevermind, all 3! I thought Storen and Osuna were available, at least.

p.s.I could very much see Floyd being a very useful reliever this year - I love converting starters to relievers and he fits perfectly. But maybe not in the first week?

goddamnit, for the record I typed all that before the Jennings at bat.

edit - so you have Floyd, a righty, start the inning which is weird enough. But instead of having Storen warming up, you have Leon, another righty (also Morales, a lefty, which is good). Only reason not to have Storen start the inning is if he is hurt, as far as I can tell.

I'm sad that I now find baseball mind numbingly boring. I've even had a halfway decent team to watch locally and it's now such a chore to watch. And I'll have to watch because Liz is a huge baseball fan. She even bribed Jin last night by allowing him to play on his WiiU an extra 20 minutes before bed so she could watch the game.

I'm sad that I now find baseball mind numbingly boring. I've even had a halfway decent team to watch locally and it's now such a chore to watch. And I'll have to watch because Liz is a huge baseball fan. She even bribed Jin last night by allowing him to play on his WiiU an extra 20 minutes before bed so she could watch the game.

For baseball more than any other sport its all about the broadcasters. I love MLB on-line because I switch to different callers all the time.

If I recall last year the Baltimore TV guys were really knowledgeable, and the Oakland guys had lots of good stories.

416 and 647. Drake started referring to Toronto as "the 6" in the last couple years, so naturally the sports teams adopted it, and it's completely taken off.

I thought it was dumb at first, but now I kinda like it. The fact that all the athletes are embracing it, and it's becoming something of an identity for the city seems like a good thing. If Toronto is seen as a "cool" place to live/play, it can only be good for the sports franchises in the city IMO.

I think it is certainly cool that it is being embraced across sports, celebrities and music and Drake, just wish it had more 'meaning' behind it. Plus, I'm sure the marketers are secretly annoyed that it's a bit restrictive since it has kind of overtaken the Canada-wide marketing that the Raptors and Jays were going for lol

shwarber out for the year!

One bet kissed 5 games in. lol

I'm seriously depressed about it. All in on Schwarber in fantasy this year :(

The starting rotation looks great so far, and the Herd has not allowed more than 4 runs in any of its games.

Scott Diamond has looked really good in both his starts.

• Like 1

I didn't really agree earlier with Pez saying the Jays are striking out too much, or that strikeouts are a big problem. I still don't think a strikeout is much worse than any other out (though this is partly because hitters who tend to strike out more usually make up for it in other underrated ways).

From Scott Carson on twitter - Jays have struck out 136 times in the first 13 games, which is the most any team has struck out in their first 13 games since 1913.

Yikes!

Jays are striking out alot more than I expected. Ya I know its only 3 games.

lol, they were talking about it again on the radio today. Same stats Danny was just quoting.

I get a chuckle out of the fact your brought this up 2 wks ago, and ya, I agreed it was way too early to care, but here we are.

I didn't really agree earlier with Pez saying the Jays are striking out too much, or that strikeouts are a big problem. I still don't think a strikeout is much worse than any other out

just anecdotal, but it sure feels a lot worse when you have runners on base.