• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a matter of taking off your foul-mouthed, beer swilling fanatical hat for a moment and putting on your decent human hat.

as a jaded blue jays fan, my arguments for signing Bautista for whatever he is asking:   1. If they don't spend it on Bautista, it won't get "Better spent elsewhere" on other players. This is the bl

Here's a good example how the Jays current run can establish life long fans throughout the county.   My nephew who is 11 years old lives in Montreal and only cared about hockey last few years. Love

Tonight game is a definite watch. I am expecting big things from Sanchez this year. The work ethic that Stroman has definitely has made an impact on Sanchez.

Tonight game is a definite watch. I am expecting big things from Sanchez this year. The work ethic that Stroman has definitely has made an impact on Sanchez.

Work ethic....or something else? I had some friends comment that 25lbs of muscle is a lot to put on in 5months. They, like me, know nothing at all, just dumb locker room talk, but makes you think.

I dont care, I just hope its not anything punishable. :)

Work ethic....or something else? I had some friends comment that 25lbs of muscle is a lot to put on in 5months. They, like me, know nothing at all, just dumb locker room talk, but makes you think.

I dont care, I just hope its not anything punishable. :)

LOL. I remember Sanchez losing energy and going on the DL the last couple of times. This time I hope his body can keep up with the MLB season as a starter.

I dont know the exact rule, but if I understand correctly, the issue was that Jose throws his arm out and grabs/pulls on Forsythes leg. Looks pretty obvious to me, and Im all for taking that kind of stuff out of the game.

So.. Kick him out I guess? Why should Edwin be out if he was going to be safe anyway? Where do they draw the line?

I don't want judgment calls being reviewable, should only be black and white things. Baseball already has far too many judgment calls and the worst officials in any sport and that's saying a lot

I agree, reviews for home runs only IMO. The manager runs out of the dugout to stall on every close play now.

That play at first with Collabello when he tapped the bag? You wouldn't want that reviewed?

That play at first with Collabello when he tapped the bag? You wouldn't want that reviewed?

I'd like for the Umps to get it right the first time, but to answer your question, if it means getting one wrong every once in awhile to speed up the game and stop this farce of every close play getting reviewed, and the manager running out of the dugout to stall every time there's a glimmer of a chance that the Umps got it wrong, then I'm fine with it.

I like instant replay. I'm happy to wait longer if it gives more confidence getting the calls right, especially for plays like the Colabello one. I wish they had just called Bautista for interference, since he clearly did, rather than invoke the new rule. And I haven't seen enough replays/angles to know if Encarnacion would have been safe, but whether or not he would have, it is pretty much an impossible judgment call to make. I want to say that it's fair to call him out since you can't know, but let's pretend it was Pillar running instead of Edwin, and so there was absolutely no question...how is that fair?

I also think replays should be initiated the same way they do at the end of NFL games - by an independent person in a booth. Doing it based on manager's challenges is painful - both because managers delay the games talking about the challenges, and because then you penalize them for getting it "wrong" and potentially give them no options later in the game.

Gibby's comment is unacceptable. It'll get some heat, and he'll make an apology, and it'll be meaningless because all it does is reflect how far there is to go for so many people to stop implying things like being female or gay as a negative.

That game was especially painful because I was reading the play-by-play online, and went to bed after Saunders hit a homer in the 8th to give them a 4-1 lead. Then I wake up in the morning to somehow find we lost the game 3-2! Then I see we were SO CLOSE to tying it late. Then I log on to twitter and see the actual play that ended it. Just kept getting worse!

But it also kind of made me more excited for the season. And due to family plans, I am going to have 4 evenings totally to myself next week, and was planning on doing some hardcore watching. So I check the schedule and see we're only playing one friggin evening game during that time!

#firstworldproblems

I doubt it, but do you guys know of any way to watch the Jays game on a delay without cable? I'd like to watch the Saturday and Sunday afternoon games, but wait until the evening to watch them. Also, I don't have cable or MLB.TV. Is there a place where they are archived or something?

Solid getaway day lineup. I like giving Saunders some rest. Not really sure why you sit Goins for Barneyunless its just to get everybody in the lineup at least once early on, which is cool. I like that they didn't try to get too fancy.

I also thought it was smart, if not obvious, to specify that Osuna was unavailable yesterday after pitching 2 straight early. Both to avoid stressing a young arm, but also to help him mentally by saying it in advance.