This may be a dumb questions how do i beat the dumb asses of the game. I will play NL holdem online and i will raise with AK they will call with Q4 and a ace will come out and so will q4 and they have 2 pair. It happens at my home game to. I dont know what to do.It just seems like they will call anything and will chase anything.Any help for me :(

Tell the dealer that you WILL NOT accept bad beats.
Make the dealer sign a document saying any hand you lose where you are an 85% favorite or higher going to the flop you will be refunded 110%, other than that... Play within your bankroll and buckle in for the ride NL sucks.

You just have to grind it out, if you are better than them then the long term outcome will out weigh the bad simple beats here and there. Make them pay for those hands where you have the nuts and where you are uncertain, just pay attention and read them right..

well logically that shouldnt happen all the time...but yea it happens to the best of us...the good thing is you know your getting better at the game when you exept bad beat cause thats like a good portion of pokerand usually you will win with AK but you just dont realize this cause you had the best hand and you wont take it into account

The unfortunate truth is that when holding a hand like AK against your opponent's Q4 and a flop of AQ4 it's going to be very hard to get away from the hand cheaply. The only way this could happen is if your opponent shows a lot of strength on one street and puts you all in on the same or later street. You should always try to put your opponent on a hand and an opponent holding Q4 or maybe even 44 is likely to be a little passive, hoping to either trap you not get too involved with a potentially vulnerable hand. Bet the flop strong, if he calls lead the turn strong and if he calls again just check and call a reasonable bet on the river (remember that when calling river bets you need only to win a % of the time based on the bet size/pot size relationship to call profitably) or fold to a huge one unless you know your man well enough to reasonably believe your hand to be best.The key to this hand is preflop. Bet to drive out Q4 and realize that anyone calling with it is a large dog in the hand and you've made that theoretical money the fundamental theorem of poker talks about. You're going to win this hand a lot more than you're going to lose it so just play smart (as only a royal flush can't be beaten) and be happy you're at a game with idiots who play Q4 against a raise. Trust me, all those time he calls with that hand and the flop misses him and he folds, you'll make more money than he'll take off you the rare time it hits him. Not to mention the money you make when the flop is KQ7.

This may be a dumb questions how do i beat the dumb asses of the game. I will play NL holdem online and i will raise with AK they will call with Q4 and a ace will come out and so will q4 and they have 2 pair. It happens at my home game to. I dont know what to do.It just seems like they will call anything and will chase anything.Any help for me :club:
I remember saying, "How do I beat the dumb players?" I was talking to my mirror a long time ago over the usual bad habits, bad leaks, and money-losing plays we all wish we could burn out of our play.You gave a valid question and I will do my best and hope the info helps.Step One: Replace the idea you are a "good poker player" with "improving poker player". Replace the idea of "dumbass players" with "weaker players". The point is you will see clearer and think better when you play. Playing viewing your opponents with distain is a subtle form of tilt. Take their money, no need to insult them.Step Two: Many players like AK, and sure, it is good hand, but no need to issue a marriage certificate when you get it. You may be so tight your opponents will *know* you have AK and see a flop, hoping to hit the flop.Step Three: Read your players. The key point here is that the player with Q4 must have raised at some point. Here are some of the questions you should be answering prior to that hand:What is that player's threshold hand for each position? (Lowest hand or types of hands he plays, so you can get an idea of what is played.)Is this an honest player or a devious player? (If he is an honest player and proven to be such, you are just beat and you throw the hand away.)The raise represents your hand, AA, two pair, or a set. Is he likely to have the goods? (Your instincts will improve over time and you will save a lot of chips.)Step Four: Review your hands and throw in suited connectors for a raise in MP to mix up your game. Start categorizing your game as passive, tight, loose-passive, and tight-aggressive. Refine your game categorizing by thinking and reading about it.A word about loose players: You want them in the game.Aside from making the game fluid and fun, loose players are money-makers for improving players.Some of Daniel Negreanu's earlier columns deal with various player types which I would recommend you read (oldest column first).Hope this helps. Remember that you can't win them all, ... but you can try, and in trying, you will get drawn out on.Good luck in your games!
This may be a dumb questions how do i beat the dumb asses of the game. I will play NL holdem online and i will raise with AK they will call with Q4 and a ace will come out and so will q4 and they have 2 pair. It happens at my home game to. I dont know what to do.It just seems like they will call anything and will chase anything.Any help for me :club:
I remember saying, "How do I beat the dumb players?" I was talking to my mirror a long time ago over the usual bad habits, bad leaks, and money-losing plays we all wish we could burn out of our play.You gave a valid question and I will do my best and hope the info helps.Step One: Replace the idea you are a "good poker player" with "improving poker player". Replace the idea of "dumbass players" with "weaker players". The point is you will see clearer and think better when you play. Playing viewing your opponents with distain is a subtle form of tilt. Take their money, no need to insult them.Step Two: Many players like AK, and sure, it is good hand, but no need to issue a marriage certificate when you get it. You may be so tight your opponents will *know* you have AK and see a flop, hoping to hit the flop.Step Three: Read your players. The key point here is that the player with Q4 must have raised at some point. Here are some of the questions you should be answering prior to that hand:What is that player's threshold hand for each position? (Lowest hand or types of hands he plays, so you can get an idea of what is played.)Is this an honest player or a devious player? (If he is an honest player and proven to be such, you are just beat and you throw the hand away.)The raise represents your hand, AA, two pair, or a set. Is he likely to have the goods? (Your instincts will improve over time and you will save a lot of chips.)Step Four: Review your hands and throw in suited connectors for a raise in MP to mix up your game. Start categorizing your game as passive, tight, loose-passive, and tight-aggressive. Refine your game categorizing by thinking and reading about it.A word about loose players: You want them in the game.Aside from making the game fluid and fun, loose players are money-makers for improving players.Some of Daniel Negreanu's earlier columns deal with various player types which I would recommend you read (oldest column first).Hope this helps. Remember that you can't win them all, ... but you can try, and in trying, you will get drawn out on.Good luck in your games!
Awesome reponse, flint, thank you for it. I definately took something helpful from it as well.
You just have to grind it out, if you are better than them then the long term outcome will out weigh the bad simple beats here and there. Make them pay for those hands where you have the nuts and where you are uncertain, just pay attention and read them right..
Ok fair point and everything but man your fcuking Avatar is scaring me fcuking change it!

You should grind it out, but also KNOW when you are beat. I lost way more money with AK than I won when I started to play because I refued to fold it. If you have TPTK and get reraised, seriously consider that you might be beat. I ignored my own advice yesterday and my AK lost to A3 who hit two pair on the turn. 80% of me knew I was beat when the other guy pushed all in and I still called. Sad really.