2015-16 Canadian Gothic

It's much easier and safer to have a player play 20+ games when you're trying to limit his ppg totals for tiering. The closer you get to 10 games the more chance you get screwed by one good game.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kudos for getting rid of Brown's contract. Having cap space is no excuse. Cap space is an asset in itself. Goodluck with getting anything other than possibly a late round pick for Brown

August 7th and team is pretty much set.   Sounds like the old US Army tv ad's "We do more before 9 am then most people do all day"   AHL ad would read "Canadian Gothic, Dale doing more trades/de

You finally bamboozled someone into taking Brown

It's much easier and safer to have a player play 20+ games when you're trying to limit his ppg totals for tiering. The closer you get to 10 games the more chance you get screwed by one good game.

I think you're wrong.

I'm going to listen to Zachs advice, hes in first place, you're not.

I think you're wrong.

I'm going to listen to Zachs advice, hes in first place, you're not.

Dale's right here. I let MacKinnon slip into tier 1 because I suck.

I've been crunching numbers, projecting lineups and talking to the Magic 8-ball and it looks like I'm going to call up Pulkkinen and leave Nichushkin on the farm.

Nichushkin's salary is $3.00 while Pulkkinen's is $1.00 and the $2.00+ savings is a huge deal because as it stands now, I have 15 players and 2 goalies signed for next season at $48.75. I currently have $56.25 available leaving $7.50 for 8 players and 1 goalie.

I'll have the following free agents...

Anders Lee $0.50

Marcus Johansson $1.25

Oscar Lindberg $0.25

Teemu Pulkkinen $1.00

Jyrki Jokipakka $0.50

Klas Dahlback $0.25

Petteri Lindbohm $0.50

Jared Cowen $0.50

Ron "Superstar" Hainsey $0.25

Erik Gudbranson $0.25

Derek Ryan $0.25

Paul Byron $0.25

Also, from Nov 6 to Feb 12, Pulkinen would probably make my lineup 13 times while Nichushkin would likely make 8 lineups. Of those 8 lineups, Pulkkinen is available for 6.

There are only 2 days where I won't have Pulkkinen but would've had Nichuskin; Nov 17 and Jan 15. Nov 17 is the one that concerns me because it's a Tuesday. I play Puck Warfare and the lineups will look something like this:

Puck Warfare

1. Tarasenko

2. Malkin

3. Hudler

4. Fisher

5. Legrand

6. <empty>

7. Johnson

8. Spurgeon

9. Benn

10. Vlasic

G. STL or LAK

Canadian Gothic

1. Pavelski

2. Johansen

3. Silfverberg

4. Connolly

5. Pulkkinen

6. PAP

7. Brodie

8. Muzzin

9. Rielly

10. Jokipakka

G. PIT

So ya, Pulkkinen it is.

Ya, your level of prep work is a little more than mine. And I thought mine was crazy.

Thought....injuries happen. Slumps happen. Projecting who will start for you in January, not sure how you do that accurately. It also assumes you make no trades or other possibly valuable FA pickups.

Injuries happen. The only way to prepare for them is to have depth...and maybe avoid injury-prone players.

As for any trades that I may make...it's irrelevant now. Any trades will be made with the team I have at the time in mind.

Injuries happen. The only way to prepare for them is to have depth...and maybe avoid injury-prone players.

As for any trades that I may make...it's irrelevant now. Any trades will be made with the team I have at the time in mind.

Well, all of that is true Mr.Politician, but you are planning your roster for a start in February. I'm saying things will change.

Your decision to call up Pulkinnen because of a particular start or 3 may suddenly become moot if Pavelski gets hurt, and you realize Nichuskin would have been needed 5 more times than Pulkinnen because of the way the sched works.

Also, Im impressed you are already calculating 16-17 salary. I haven't looked once.

I always have a spreadsheet to at least rough out my lineups. I know when I'm short forwards or D or missing goalies, etc.

And I usually take a look at future salaries every once in a while.

Well, all of that is true Mr.Politician, but you are planning your roster for a start in February. I'm saying things will change.

Your decision to call up Pulkinnen because of a particular start or 3 may suddenly become moot if Pavelski gets hurt, and you realize Nichuskin would have been needed 5 more times than Pulkinnen because of the way the sched works.

Also, Im impressed you are already calculating 16-17 salary. I haven't looked once.

Yes, I'm planning my roster, but it's not just for January. I'm factoring in upcoming games, including those in January. I'm also factoring in my cap next season and my farm limit. I was likely going to call up Pulkkinen or Nichushkin anyway because I need/want the extra forward and Pulkkinen is the better option based on my factors. If Pavelski gets hurt I'll first blame you and then I'll adjust to it based on the factors at the time.

If Pavelski gets hurt I'll first blame you and then I'll adjust to it based on the factors at the time.

The only injuries of yours I really care about are at end of March/April. Hopefully.

Hoping to catch Steelheads and/or Cheap Thieves in standings tonight.

Here's the matchup against the Underdogs...

UNDERDOGS

1. D. Krejci BOS

2. R. Callahan TAM

3. J. Carter LAK

4. J. Mitchell COL

5. T. Mitchell MTL

6. R.J. Umberger PHI

7. A. McQuaid BOS

8. A. Emelin MTL

9. M. Stuart WPG

10. N. Schultz PHI

G. TAM -0.5

CANADIAN GOTHIC

1. S. Stamkos TAM G

2. J. Pavelski SJS A

3. R. Johansen CLB

4. B. Wheeler WPG A

5. A. Lee NYI

6. R. Smith FLA

7. P.K. Subban MTL A

8. J. Carlson WSH A G

9. T.J. Brodie CGY

10. J. Muzzin LAK

G. WSH -0.5

Had an offer for Derek Ryan but decided to drop Baun to make room for Pulkkinen.

Will Pulkkinen score tonight against the Whalers? We shall see :)

Pulkkinen 1G. Hainsey 1A, Parenteau 1G+1A.

guarantee win night for the Gothic, playing against the lowly Whalers.

Kessel though

Pulkkinen 1G. Hainsey 1A, Parenteau 1G+1A.

guarantee win night for the Gothic, playing against the lowly Whalers.

All 3 got points.

Pulkinnen's was a real beauty, he dropped it off in his own zone to the D man Kindl, who went end to end thanks to Jake Gardiner being allergic to defence.

All 3 got points.

Pulkinnen's was a real beauty, he dropped it off in his own zone to the D man Kindl, who went end to end thanks to Jake Gardiner being allergic to defence.

That was disgusting. Jvr Bozak and Gardiner might be the worst 3 combination defensively in the Western Hemisphere

That was disgusting. Jvr Bozak and Gardiner might be the worst 3 combination defensively in the Western Hemisphere

yowza, is this what Gardiner does all the time. Im beginning to understand your concerns about him. (way too late, but there it is)

yowza, is this what Gardiner does all the time. Im beginning to understand your concerns about him. (way too late, but there it is)

I wouldn't say all the time but defensively he is bad. And not like he is a rookie. Closing in on 300 NHL games.

Good night last night...

- beat Broadway in reg play

- beat Big M's in Champions League

- survived Survivor

- no points from Lindberg

- no points from Pulkkinen

- Mustangs lost

- Cheap Thieves lost

• 1 month later...