Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

you should like your beliefs to be challenged. One of the problems is that people these days only listen and interact with those who have the same views that they do.

You don't need to answer every post or in Danny's case essay

I understand..But its not fun, I get attacked..Like I am inventing these views..

Its me against 10..I get ridiculed..Every single word I post is analyzed and quoted..See above by Dubey..

So Ill choose to let you guys enjoy your liberal views...

7.5 million people have voted so FAR for Trump..

Thats a lot...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to let this slide, but I just watched the video in question again and I just can't.   You watched a black man almost moved to tears as he passionately talked about an election and a coun

Most of you know that I am a fiscal conservative. If you didn't, you know now. I didn't vote for Trump and Im pretty sure I wouldn't have voted for Bernie Sanders. Would have looked for a 3rd candidat

My aunt used to foster parent children. I don't know how many she had, but I'd guess a few.   The last one she had she ended up adopting and now she's my cousin and she's awesome. She's early in he

Serge, you also need to understand that this isn't Leafs vs. Habs, or Pedestrians Vs. Cars.

We are trying to have an intelligent discourse with you because we truly believe that your line of thinking is dangerous, and we are trying to change your mind because we care, not just to be argumentative. If you are not interested in actually weighing the pros and cons, then fine, go stick your head in the sand, but don't blame us wacky Canadian liberals.

I will stop posting here as its annoying when its 10-1 ..Mostly liberals that dont live in the country..

You guys win...Go Hillary...

Enjoy..

Go Hillary lol

I dislike her quite a bit.

Why do you run when people disagree with you? Do you want/expect everyone to just agree with you and say you're right about everything?

I'm curious why you label me a Liberal?

Go Hillary lol

I dislike her quite a bit.

Why do you run when people disagree with you? Do you want/expect everyone to just agree with you and say you're right about everything?

I'm curious why you label me a Liberal?

Im not running..I just dont enjoy arguing in a "room" with 15 people against me...I am all for open conversation and legitimate debate..

I said the collective "you"...Not necessarily Dale.

Serge, you also need to understand that this isn't Leafs vs. Habs, or Pedestrians Vs. Cars.

We are trying to have an intelligent discourse with you because we truly believe that your line of thinking is dangerous, and we are trying to change your mind because we care, not just to be argumentative. If you are not interested in actually weighing the pros and cons, then fine, go stick your head in the sand, but don't blame us wacky Canadian liberals.

No one called you wacky...

Serge, I can imagine it is frustrating arguing against so many. But we're arguing with you because you're worth the effort - there's a reason we are talking here and not wading into some pointless comments section. But you are a smart person, a good human and a good father. So when you say things like "Mexicans 'eating' tax dollars being on welfare", and we point out that illiegal immigrants don't receive welfare, I hope you are taking that into consideration. And when you see a detailed, independent study (link below) that shows illegal immigrants are a net benefit, I hope you consider whether it is worth billions of dollars to kick them out of the country (maybe instead we let them stay and work while their status is being determined?)

http://www.cfr.org/immigration/economic-logic-illegal-immigration/p12969

• Like 1

You don't like spin and you seem to appreciate someone who tells it like it is which makes it all the more surprising you'd like Trump. He's all about spin and rarely says anything of substance.

background first....

I hate Reality TV. Outside of the first 2 seasons of Survivor, I never tried any of that stuff.

But for some reason, I really enjoyed Celebrity Apprentice. I was sort of ashamed of my love for it, but I really liked it and watched it steadily.

After a while, I began to wonder if Trump ever actually followed the progress of the contestants, because when it came to fire them, it seemed like he used 3/4 set up lines, and a whole bunch of nonsense, to justify his stance. I used to wonder how this show had me so hooked, even when it was so obvious watching Trump that he knew little and was just using his "trump-speak" to fill the air.

Well, last night I watched Trump. Then I watched videos online from past events. Oh my oh my, what a genius. He is using the exact same shtick to get elected president. "We are going to make America great, you know how? Because Im going to make the best trade deals you have ever seen, China/Thailand/Europe/Russia, they are all going to lose to us, we are going to win, we are going to make the best deals we have ever made, Im telling you folks, I know how to make deals". Holy smoke, the guy is getting away with this!!!!

To appease Serge, I dont trust much of anything from Hillary either. She lies, like most/all politicians AND people, and she is probably pretty awful in terms of her integrity.

But Trump to me is just such entertainment. While I dislike Hillary, I cant believe what I'm watching with Trump. Actually, thats not true, I can believe it. I have always believed that going forward, presidents will be even more popularity contests, and Kanye 2020 is actually not that ludicrous, since democracy really sets you up for such horror.

I say again, with all due respect to the Americans on here who have lived there their whole life....I wouldnt want to live in the US at all right now. Your future does not look too great, and Im pretty worried about it just living here in your shadow.

You seem to think a conversation with people who hold a different opinion is being attacked. I really don't get this. Nobody is name-calling here...other than you. In fact, most, if not all of the personal attacks come from you.

I really believe your intentions are good, but you are misguided and/or misinformed on many of the issues.

Hint, if a lot of people are posting a lot of factual information, and it feels like you are being attacked, you are probably on the wrong side of an argument.

background first....

I hate Reality TV. Outside of the first 2 seasons of Survivor, I never tried any of that stuff.

But for some reason, I really enjoyed Celebrity Apprentice. I was sort of ashamed of my love for it, but I really liked it and watched it steadily.

After a while, I began to wonder if Trump ever actually followed the progress of the contestants, because when it came to fire them, it seemed like he used 3/4 set up lines, and a whole bunch of nonsense, to justify his stance. I used to wonder how this show had me so hooked, even when it was so obvious watching Trump that he knew little and was just using his "trump-speak" to fill the air.

Well, last night I watched Trump. Then I watched videos online from past events. Oh my oh my, what a genius. He is using the exact same shtick to get elected president. "We are going to make America great, you know how? Because Im going to make the best trade deals you have ever seen, China/Thailand/Europe/Russia, they are all going to lose to us, we are going to win, we are going to make the best deals we have ever made, Im telling you folks, I know how to make deals". Holy smoke, the guy is getting away with this!!!!

To appease Serge, I dont trust much of anything from Hillary either. She lies, like most/all politicians AND people, and she is probably pretty awful in terms of her integrity.

But Trump to me is just such entertainment. While I dislike Hillary, I cant believe what I'm watching with Trump. Actually, thats not true, I can believe it. I have always believed that going forward, presidents will be even more popularity contests, and Kanye 2020 is actually not that ludicrous, since democracy really sets you up for such horror.

I say again, with all due respect to the Americans on here who have lived there their whole life....I wouldnt want to live in the US at all right now. Your future does not look too great, and Im pretty worried about it just living here in your shadow.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=147747&st=300#entry3732668

• Like 1

fwiw, I truly believe Trump is a genius now. This is different than a buffoon like W getting elected, unless that was an act I didnt see coming.

Trump just uses peoples emotions so well.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the Trump team? I wont recognize any names, but I would be curious to know without going over pages and pages of info who they are and how his campaign was put together and who its being run by.

And also, why does the media say that the Republican base hates him so much? Whats the conflict there, because he isnt thought of as a long term party guy, or because some of his view contradict?

Serge, maybe you would know this.....whats Trumps stance on abortion, gay rights,,,,,all the Republican main issues. I know hes in favour of the 2nd amendment, so score one for the NRA.

Ew Arp, you reminded me of my biggest concern about Trump - the "win/lose" mentality. Everything has a winner and a loser. That's just gross. I may be Canadian, but I don't want Americans to be worse-off. I want us all to do better! Trade deals don't have winners and losers, they have two winners. Anyone who seeks otherwise will just never make a trade deal. And for the counter-suggestion that Trump knows a thing or two about deals, that's just another falsehood. There's no evidence that he has ever paid less than market price for anything. He was born rich, and he has made money at worse returns than a monkey with a dartboard of the Dow Jones index.

Not fair to say serge is "running" - he has lasted a hell of a lot longer and more thoughtfully than any of us would in a room full of Republicans.

I wish there were more Republicans here or whatever a Trump supporter is these days. Id kill to know what they see and if its got any substance to it, or if its just the tug of emotion of what DT is saying.

Hint, if a lot of people are posting a lot of factual information, and it feels like you are being attacked, you are probably on the wrong side of an argument.

No..Its just that I am in the wrong room of people..I love for you to come to a poker game with my friends here..See how you do...A lot of people you might respect...

This reminds me of something I was thinking last night.

Lets say Trump wins the election, and his share of the general vote is a whopping 65%. (thats cray high, but lets say)

At that point, what do you guys think? Im curious if anyone else on here would think.....well, thats a lot of people that want him as their president, and you have to respect the democratic process and maybe they see something I do not.

If somebody's reason for supporting Trump is that they really don't want Hillary (Serge's base position)

They want a strong leader who will be tough. (something that I think is important to Serge since I think he's an authoritarian)

Detailed policy positions don't matter that much to them as they think their guy will be a good smart leader (this is true of most voters)

I won't really challenge them even though I think Trump is totally unsuited.

If they bring up specific policy issues then I will challenge those that I can factually challenge.

fwiw, I truly believe Trump is a genius now. This is different than a buffoon like W getting elected, unless that was an act I didnt see coming.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the Trump team? I wont recognize any names, but I would be curious to know without going over pages and pages of info who they are and how his campaign was put together and who its being run by.

And also, why does the media say that the Republican base hates him so much? Whats the conflict there, because he isnt thought of as a long term party guy, or because some of his view contradict?

Serge, maybe you would know this.....whats Trumps stance on abortion, gay rights,,,,,all the Republican main issues. I know hes in favour of the 2nd amendment, so score one for the NRA.

There is an old school republican group of people that hate people like Trump and Cruz..They dont fit the mold...Trump if elected I am confident will put together an amazing group of people..

However if I was running the campaign, I would do a lot of things differently..Tone it down a bit..Appeal to more people..He would then win in a landslide.

No..Its just that I am in the wrong room of people..I love for you to come to a poker game with my friends here..See how you do...A lot of people you might respect...

I'm assuming you've discussed things with them. What do they say?

I would love to. (edit: play in a poker game with a bunch of trump supporters) Because I would be able to ask them pointed questions and they wouldn't be able to ignore them like you ignore huge chunks of things here and only respond to what you want.

"How can you support a man who's campaign is built on hate and mistrust?"

"How can you forgive a man who's words and actions have intentionally sparked violence against his detractors"?

"Why do you believe that experience running businesses makes him qualified to run a country?"

The Republican establishment hates Trump.

He is popular because a lot of the things he talks about are popular with the base such as immigration. The base and the establishment don't have the same interests and that's why the Republican Party is being torn apart. The base doesn't give a shit about ending capital gains taxes which is a big piece of Rubio's platform but the money men of the establishment love this because it's what the Koch Brothers etc want.

If somebody's reason for supporting Trump is that they really don't want Hillary (Serge's base position)

They want a strong leader who will be tough. (something that I think is important to Serge since I think he's an authoritarian)

Detailed policy positions don't matter that much to them as they think their guy will be a good smart leader (this is true of most voters)

I won't really challenge them even though I think Trump is totally unsuited.

If they bring up specific policy issues then I will challenge those that I can factually challenge.

Fairly accurate..I am first of all more aligned with the conservative Republican views..Thats the main thing..Of all the Republican candidates presented to me, Trump is the best option..FOR ME.

I'm assuming you've discussed things with them. What do they say?

A lot of stuff that I agree with..They are mostly Republicans not happy with the current administration...Hillary will follow Obama policies, but while Obama is at least a decent person..Hillary is a criminal.