Whalers 4.5 Other 5.5

Phantom Series 2-4

scored 5 goals, 5 assists on a 6 game night and still lost.

7 goals against didnt help, but man, this Other team is very good.

Now you know how I felt with the FCHL... but that was a real series!

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After receiving that heartwarming letter, we typed up this response:   Dear Jordyn   Thank you very much for writing to the Whalers organization. You may not know this being just a 6 year old gir

open lineup spots = parity   ultimate goal is to play none on none, tie game.

Whalers 4.5 Other 5.5

Phantom Series 2-4

scored 5 goals, 5 assists on a 6 game night and still lost.

7 goals against didnt help, but man, this Other team is very good.

if it makes you feel better that other team (the evil ones) would have beat every other team in from 4 to 6 games as well

if it makes you feel better that other team (the evil ones) would have beat every other team in from 4 to 6 games as well

It sincerely does.

However, losing this year, as close as it was last round, was not really all that hard to get over. Its easier to swallow when you know for sure your team is just not good enough, and mine clearly was not. Last year was hard, because at the time I thought my team was as good as yours+Dales when we were fighting it out in the semis. This year, it was all about a prayer of getting lucky. I thought I might be able to fluke off a victory against you, if I even got past Shooters which I could not do.

But even with your injuries, your team still clearly outperformed all of us as you show. Well done.

Whalers done for 15-16. Its time for the annual team trip to Vegas. We're getting loaded, time to celebrate mediocrity.

It's easy not to be disappointed when one team is twice as good as the rest of the league.

However... Shortstackers are the only team to win a game over the Big M's in the 2016 playoffs! (Don't read any more into it, and don't worry about details.)

• 2 weeks later...

Woot Hudson Fasching gets his 1st goal in his first ever period of NHL hockey!

(thanks Steve)

(btw, he is so new that nhl.com doesnt even have a picture of him to show in gamecenter)

so how much are you willing to offer me for Tolchinsky. He's going to be so much fun.

I wish you still had Pasternak. We would do an emotion driven Pasternak for Tolchinsky trade

• 5 months later...

FREE AGENTS

D Matt Hunwick TOR FA $0.25 Sign for 1 year

D Mark Giordano CGY FA $7.50 $9.50 Sign for 2 years

F Mikael Granlund MIN FA $3.75 $3.75 $3.75 Sign for 3yrs

F Sean Monahan CGY FA $4.00 $4.75 $5.25 Sign for 3yrs

ALREADY SIGNED

D Oliver Ekman-Larsson ARI 1 $4.25

D Alexander Edler VAN 1 $2.75

D Alexei Emelin MTL 1 $0.75

F Tyler Johnson TBL 1 $0.75

F Mika Zibanejad NYR 1 $3.75

F Phil Kessel PIT 1 $14.50

F Tomas Plekanec MTL 2 $1.50 $1.75

F Gustav Nyquist DET 2 $3.75 $3.75

F Jordan Eberle EDM 4 $4.75 $5.25 $6.00 $6.75

BUYOUT

Patrik Berglund STL F 1 $2.50 ($1.25 buyout)

DROPPED PLAYERS

Korbinian Holzer ANA D

Kyle Quincey DET D

Brad Hunt EDM D

Andy Greene NJD D

Brian Campbell FLO D

Mark Streit PHI D

Joakim Nordstrom CAR F

John Mcfarland FLO F

Tobias Lindberg TOR F

Brad Boyes TOR F

Richard Panik CHI F

Vincent Lecavalier LAK F

Mike Richards WSH F

Jarome Iginla COL F

Mike Ribeiro NSH F

Jakub Voracek PHI F

Goalies-A Carolina CAR G

DROPPED FARM

Steve Moses F NAS

Cash $58.75

Buyout $1.25

New Total $57.50

Spent $52.75

balance, $4.75 to spend on 2 Gtd, 10 Players

The franchise is very close to my LEAST favourite spot to be in.....not quite good enough to win it all, not bad enough to tear it all down and rebuild. I hate this point.

I love it when the team is awful and I get to rebuild, I dont mind waiting that out. But not knowing if I can "fluke" off wins in the playoffs, and yet being too good to tear it all down, you get stuck in limbo.

My goal is to go for it for one more year, but to have an eye on a rebuild, and therefore, looking more with an eye to 2019-2020 than this year.

Only 2 picks in this draft (thats a real low for me, but again, cost of going for it in the past), and that needs to change for next year and beyond, although draft picks arent as important as they were in this league, unfortunately imo, this is less and less a keeper league and more+more a redraft style league going forward. Thats fine, we shall adjust and prosper!

Looking forward to reading this post in 2019 and seeing how wrong (right?) I was. :)

• 3 weeks later...

As requested

Last year- Whalers were 3 games above .500, this year should be around 6 games above .500.

My Prediction for this year

Whalers vs Eddie Shack Conference teams, gp-30, 17 wins, 12 loses, 1 ot lose

Whalers vs Tiger Williams Conference teams, gp-47, 23 wins, 22 loses, 2 ot loses

• 2 weeks later...

Opening night defence looks strong:

A.Greene NJD

S.Johns DAL

A.Emelin MTL

B.Skjei NYR

there's no way we're giving up goals tonight with a top 4 like that!!!

(to make up for it, gonna sit stalwarts Plekanec+Granlund, and start my boy, Jonathan Marchessault. He's Auston Matthews, without the hype, and way more talented than AM34)

This is the year where I will really regret one of my past trades. I think two players I gave up in that deal could be 30gl,30a guys.

I'm guessing one will be 27gl, 30a, the other will be 23gl, 30ass.

1000 FCP pretend dollars to the person who knows what the hell I'm talking about. At least one of you should know...

Whalers own Zach Hyman leads the league in plus-minus. The wonderkid is a plus 4. His team lost 5-4. Imagine how amazing he must be!

ps: last in the NHL is that midget Johnny Overpaid Hockey

This is the year where I will really regret one of my past trades. I think two players I gave up in that deal could be 30gl,30a guys.

I'm guessing one will be 27gl, 30a, the other will be 23gl, 30ass.

1000 FCP pretend dollars to the person who knows what the hell I'm talking about. At least one of you should know...

Tatar and Pastrnak?

• Like 1

As the puck is about to drop for the new season, we wish you good luck in the pursuit of the Kardashian Trophy:

Looks something like this:

qFEpu_LifmYl.png

lolol.

lets get one made! I wish there was more Armos in the pool, then it would really be something to win it.

(thing is, ass way too small)

Lol I think we should do it..

We could do one in the CBS pool..Half the pool is Armenian there