To Whalers:

Brian Campbell FLA DEF

Kyle Quincey DET DEF

To Delicious:

Gabriel Bourque NAS FWD

Kirill Petrov NYI FWD

Whalers 2nd rounder 2016

Pretty sure this now makes me the overwhelming favourite to win it all. Some guys get Ovechkin, Malkin, Spezza, Backstrom....we get Campbell and Quincey. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After receiving that heartwarming letter, we typed up this response:   Dear Jordyn   Thank you very much for writing to the Whalers organization. You may not know this being just a 6 year old gir

open lineup spots = parity   ultimate goal is to play none on none, tie game.

To Whalers:

Brian Campbell FLA DEF

Kyle Quincey DET DEF

To Delicious:

Gabriel Bourque NAS FWD

Kirill Petrov NYI FWD

Whalers 2nd rounder 2016

Pretty sure this now makes me the overwhelming favourite to win it all. Some guys get Ovechkin, Malkin, Spezza, Backstrom....we get Campbell and Quincey. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

pretty interesting that we both valued Campbell at the same thing. A 2nd round pick plus a throw in who is cheap and at least in the NHL. 2016 2nd beats a 2017 2nd.

pretty interesting that we both valued Campbell at the same thing. A 2nd round pick plus a throw in who is cheap and at least in the NHL. 2016 2nd beats a 2017 2nd.

I thought a 2nd was a little too much, but nothing else worked. I kept trying to find something else to be thrown in my way (a 4th, some money, a player) and came up with nothing. I took Quincey as possible depth just in case, though hes pretty useless.

Even Campbell is fairly average now, nothing like he was. I just have no depth at D beyond my top 4, so he will get used often. I hope his schedule works well, never checked that.

I thought a 2nd was a little too much, but nothing else worked. I kept trying to find something else to be thrown in my way (a 4th, some money, a player) and came up with nothing. I took Quincey as possible depth just in case, though hes pretty useless.

Even Campbell is fairly average now, nothing like he was. I just have no depth at D beyond my top 4, so he will get used often. I hope his schedule works well, never checked that.

we basically looked at it the same way. I didn't want to give a 2nd but felt that was the price needed to get it done but I wasn't willing to go more. Biatch was open to me and gave me the chance to improve my offer without telling me who I was in competition with for Campbell.

I love my top 5 but there is a massive drop off after that and Campbell would have been an upgrade over guys who never score.

Thanks Biatch for keeping players out of conference.

If Im not the one getting the deal, my next fav thing is when the players are out of conference. Wasnt happy to see Ovechkin, Crosby, Spezza here.

Get a text from Zach. Nice enough to let me know Mark Streit is out tonight.

Unfortunately, I didnt see the text until 6.5hours before game time.

Ironically, we play each other in the FCHL, and I have Streit there too, and I will be making the change. Curious to see how making the change hours before ruins the league by the morning.

Well played Zach.

• 2 weeks later...

Nov 23rd game: First night of no longer automatic Kessel/Voracek as my OT, took off Voracek as my OT after hearing he was a 4th liner to start the night.

Costs me the game as Voracek gets 2A, Iginla gets nothing. Still manage the cheap OTL point.

Team is slumping badly, really missing Streit as one of my top D, running out of excuses.

Nov 23rd game: First night of no longer automatic Kessel/Voracek as my OT, took off Voracek as my OT after hearing he was a 4th liner to start the night.

Costs me the game as Voracek gets 2A, Iginla gets nothing. Still manage the cheap OTL point.

Team is slumping badly, really missing Streit as one of my top D, running out of excuses.

It's a tough decision I have faced and we all do. Do you do lineups on reputation? Career numbers? Recent 10 game history? Match ups?

You are worried that one game you sit that guy he will get the hat trick.

I think that's the ultimate (and yet unanswered, or perhaps entirely unanswerable) question.

I have that problem in the FCHL. All of my good guys from last year have basically quit hockey (Hornqvist, Kunitz, Foligno, etc). They mostly ride the pines now.

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously that was some well intentioned ribbing, but I feel like a jackass after Toffoli went nutso and popped in the hat trick.

Edit - oops, now even my crappy forwards have scored. I'm embarrassed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To Whalers: Cgy gtd (26th in the league+probably a buyout candidate)

To Shoot Loose: $.25 in 16-17 + Buf gtd

Breakdown of the trade: I thought it would be a good idea to make my goaltending worse, and to pay extra for that privelege.

Seriously, Cgy seems to have improved, and I finally got around to actually checking my schedule for gtd teams not named Montreal, and I noticed awful Cgy fit very well with NJD+CAR.

I'm hoping they keep up this good run, and help me in the playoffs/reject Cup. I plan on being forever known as the luckiest run in AHL history.

Also, I figured if the commissioner of the league thought Calgary was worth $1.75 in the auction, he must know something I dont!