gus is currently crushing the limit tables on stars

uh, gus might be winning 6 or 7 bb a minute this session but hes dumped that much plenty of times also. watch him play, hes very good after the flop but very very loose preflop. the handicap he gives himself cant be overcome in the long run at limit holdem. if he comes out ahead , which may or may not be, its because hes brilliant after the flop. Ive watched him get crushed on there in the same way hes winning now. If the game could be beat that way everyone would do it. The value of those crap hands goes way down in limit because ur implied odds arent as good. In nl u can take someones whole stack with 8 5s in limit ur just gonna win a few big bets once in awhile when u suckout. Watch him for 5 days on there and see how he turns out in each of those sessions. A guy at the club i play won 3200$ in a session playing every single hand of 10 20 30 lim a new player might think he was johnny chan. but the thing is that guy drops a grand most times. loose players can go on bigger rushes. but in the long run.....
you have do understand that it is not the same thing to raise every hand in a 10/20 full limit game and in a 100/200 limit game with only 2,3 or 4 players !!and it can be profitable to raise every hand ( or almost ) in a 10/20 full limit game not because of the money you will made on the crap hands but because of the money you will make on the good ones and because of the money you will make when you will stop to play every hand
ok then i do understand fully well the difference between 4 handed and a full ring as well as the relative hand values in a 4 handed game. ive played it for profit. And if u think u can raise every hand in a full ring 10 20 game look me up at partypoker, im superghost, show me. there are a few newbies on this site. im not one ive put in the hours. i dont believe u can play every hand for long term profit even 4 handed, and i know u cant do it 10 handed.
  • 4 weeks later...

Despite what you guys may think he does not play every single hand. His aggressive style works well online, he is very unpredictable, and even when he does not hold a premium hand there is always the threat that he still hit a strong hand out of junk hands. The idea about raising with 10 4os is that he can play any hand because he can often force people out of the hand. Even if he gets caught with garbage at the showdown, he still stole so many blinds before that that he is still not discouraged from continuing with it. His premium hands also can pay off much more as well.

Pokerstars Josh Arieh - Razorbax Art Blanda - nibluck Dutch Boyd - KidDutch Bret Jungblut - gank Layne Flack - reloadthis Prahlad Friedman - Prefontaine Pete Giordano - TheBeat Sam Grizzle - 4KingAceHole JohnJuanda - LuckBox Erick Lindgren - EDOGN Tony Ma - Tigerma MikeMatusow - MrPokeJoke Tom McEvoy - Tom McEvoy Jim Meehan - actiondonkey Chris Moneymaker - Money800 Daniel Negreanu - doublesuited Cory Saunders - texdaddy Mark Seif - MarkDShark Tim Spake - Slambam2 Phil Hellmuth - #1_Lucky_One Greg Raymer - Fossilman Wiliam Chen - wchen Shawn Rice - WestTexasMan Joseph Cordi - DeOhGee Kirill Gerasimov -kirillG Paul Wolfe - DOUBLEDUCE Paul Phillips - extempore Eveyln Ng - Evybabee Chip Jett - Capnncoke David Benyamine - magicpitch Gus Hansen - havoc14 Scott Fischman - emptyseat88 Hoyt Corkins - easyH Thomas Keller - Bigglesworth Hans 'Tuna' Lund - luckysucker Sam Farha - Sammy Farha Erik Sagstrom - Erik123 Richard Grijalva - gotmilk Dustin Woolf - neverwin Mike Matusow - MrPokeJoke Alan Cunninghan - wallfly John D'agostino - jdags21 Greg Raymer - Fossilman David Williams - RugDoctor Gary Jones - p10ker Davin Andersson - dabest247 Alex Brenes - Tijo Mimi Rogers - mimitora Hoyt Corkins - EasyH Phil Ivey - eurogon Matt Matros - JacksUP (most sites)
bump. i thought its worrth it. how did you get this?
Sorry... theyre all play money.... you think im nutz...but i appreciate for the elaboration.
i think that pokerstars.net is a play money sight only and pokerstars.com is play and real money site. perhaps you downloaded from the .net site? just a guess. gl
Interesting that he's doing so well. On another forum i heard he wasn't doing very well on the stars limit games. Anyway thats just gossip, glad to hear gus is still kickin arse.
Variance. People try to gauge how well he's doing with a day long session and start spouting off saying he's losing a ton or winning a ton everytime he's playing. In Tony G's blog he's talking about how him and Gus have been working on Pokerchamps and now they're heading out to Vegas for WSOP but I've seen Tony and Erik123 on plenty, never Gus anymore. Back when they were starting out Gus apparently played low limit tables and would randomly just transfer up to $100 to one of the people sitting with him.