Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

he levels are the real measure of how good you are. Check some high levels with low trophy counts and you'll see what I mean.

ya its pretty sick to see some peoples set ups at the higher levels

what is the significance of the levels?

I dont see things getting unlocked as I progress..Or am I wrong?

Is your ranking based on a combination of trophies and the Level you are on?

They don't really mean anything, just a sign of your progress I think.

I got my 750k, so I've got my level 6 town hall and the wizards barracks upgrade cooking right now! Was fun getting gold this way, though to be honest, was almost too easy. I should be able to build my trophies up a bit without spending a ton, so I can go back to just going resource- hunting.

My last attack I only needed 50k, and stumbled on a super-easy one with over 150k available. I felt bad and actually stopped the attack with probably 50k available for only 10 goblins because I was maxed. The guy I attacked is going to think I'm crazy.

Now it'll be fun to sit back for a few days and watch all the guys I attacked come for revenge and take every penny lol

Ive been using a similar strategy like Danny..

I have been killing it with the gold acquistion..I am at around $600K now, almost at the magical $750K..But I am worried about attacks as I lose around $50K everytime..

I used to hate goblins..NOw I love them and Ill have my level 2 goblins today...Ill also be finally able to make wizards late tonight, in time for war..

For me the magic trophy count for maximum elixir and gold acquisition is around 800-900..Anything higher I am not ready yet..

Whenever I see purple walls, I click next...

So I've been playing this for about a week, and I'm so addicted to it. I've played games like this before, but this is far superior. I ended up buying 20 bucks worth of green gems, so I could have 4 builders, as I have zero patience. Right now I have a level 4 town hall, that I'm waiting to upgrade until I've jacked everything else up, I have 769 trophies and I'm level 21. I was struggling at raiding at first, but I watched a couple videos. Now, all I do is just mass barbarians and look for the right base. I'm looking for bases with their collectors on the outside, who's players haven't played in a while. I don't even really worry about trying to 3 star them, and if the base is juicy enough, I don't even try to 1 star, I just try to swarm the collectors. If the base looks particularly easy, like they don't have a mortar or it's in an easy place to attack, I'll go for a 3 star, but most of the time I'm just trying to farm gold.

I could go to level 5 town hall if I wanted to today, but I'm trying to max out my defenses before I do. I'm kind of conservative in building, but I'm getting so much cash from raiding now, that my walls are getting stout. Just finished the 5K walls and am about to start 10K.

Ive been using a similar strategy like Danny..

I have been killing it with the gold acquistion..I am at around $600K now, almost at the magical $750K..But I am worried about attacks as I lose around $50K everytime..

I used to hate goblins..NOw I love them and Ill have my level 2 goblins today...Ill also be finally able to make wizards late tonight, in time for war..

For me the magic trophy count for maximum elixir and gold acquisition is around 800-900..Anything higher I am not ready yet..

Whenever I see purple walls, I click next...

Yeah, we're in a similar place. My TH6 is being built with 3 days left. I'll have wizards in time for tonight as well, and will have my level 3 goblins. Going to go for TH7 pretty much as soon as my TH6 is done, as there's lots of good upgrades there. I'll build the second mortar and wizard tower first of course, so hopefully that'll protect me from some raiding as I build for the big one. Probably won't go higher than TH7 for a long long time until I get a ton of upgrades in.

I agree with you on the trophy count. Trying to get closer to 950-1000 to start, so I can just go for gold for a while. I usually keep a few archers around too just to pick off those situations where someone leaves their TH outside, so I can hold on to trophies.

Frustrating part about getting raided of course is that often you don't even get a shield out of it. I was hit for 50k 3 times in an hour at one point, but never enough to get a shield.

One thing I've found worked a bit for me is keeping my loot in the clan castle, since goblins won't attack it. I read somewhere that 10% of whatever is in the clan castle is vulnerable, but mine just got destroyed, and while its hard to say exactly, the total elixir I lost was only about 6% of what I had in there, so seems like it might actually be 5% or less, compared to 20% in storages and 50% in mines.

So I've been playing this for about a week, and I'm so addicted to it. I've played games like this before, but this is far superior. I ended up buying 20 bucks worth of green gems, so I could have 4 builders, as I have zero patience. Right now I have a level 4 town hall, that I'm waiting to upgrade until I've jacked everything else up, I have 769 trophies and I'm level 21. I was struggling at raiding at first, but I watched a couple videos. Now, all I do is just mass barbarians and look for the right base. I'm looking for bases with their collectors on the outside, who's players haven't played in a while. I don't even really worry about trying to 3 star them, and if the base is juicy enough, I don't even try to 1 star, I just try to swarm the collectors. If the base looks particularly easy, like they don't have a mortar or it's in an easy place to attack, I'll go for a 3 star, but most of the time I'm just trying to farm gold.

I could go to level 5 town hall if I wanted to today, but I'm trying to max out my defenses before I do. I'm kind of conservative in building, but I'm getting so much cash from raiding now, that my walls are getting stout. Just finished the 5K walls and am about to start 10K.

Nice to have another addict. I'm far from an expert, but I do think you're better off getting to level 6 to get a second wizard tower and mortar, rather than increasing your walls. Just too easy to get through higher walls for anyone who you're really worried about - the only real way to protect those storages is the splash defenses. Also, if you're raiding that much, the 4 days you're waiting for your Town Hall 6 will give you so much time to upgrade everything else that you might as well just do it then. Same reason I'm going to go for TH7 almost immediately at TH6 because the 6-8 days or whatever I have to wait for that to be built will give me plenty of time to upgrade anything else I want.

I read a bit on barbarian raids, and I'm still not really getting it. I tried a few, but they seemed to be similar to goblins - slightly more effective against weaker bases, but a lot less effective against stronger bases where the real money is. I'm generally overly-conservative in my deployment, so maybe I just need to let loose and let 100 of them go, but seems like you'd waste a lot of time on outer stuff, rather than the goblins, who go right for the good shit. Once I get another barracks, I'll probably move to a half-barbarian, half-goblin raid, so I can send plenty of goblins to go after things, but enough barbarians to destroy outer stuff and give me a star more often than not to keep up my trophy count.

Are you guys keeping a few wallbreakers? I always have a few on hand for my raids, and they've made a huge difference for some of my biggest ones.

I read a bit on barbarian raids, and I'm still not really getting it. I tried a few, but they seemed to be similar to goblins - slightly more effective against weaker bases, but a lot less effective against stronger bases where the real money is. I'm generally overly-conservative in my deployment, so maybe I just need to let loose and let 100 of them go, but seems like you'd waste a lot of time on outer stuff, rather than the goblins, who go right for the good shit. Once I get another barracks, I'll probably move to a half-barbarian, half-goblin raid, so I can send plenty of goblins to go after things, but enough barbarians to destroy outer stuff and give me a star more often than not to keep up my trophy count.

Are you guys keeping a few wallbreakers? I always have a few on hand for my raids, and they've made a huge difference for some of my biggest ones.

Well, I'm not really getting offered that many strong bases at the point where I'm at, so it's kind of a moot point. Right now I am facing a lot of ramshamble bases, and the barbarians are more effective taking out those. Once i get to level TH six, I'm going to switch to a primarily goblin attack with a couple giants to draw tower fire, and wall breakers to get to the towers, and some archers to get to certain places. But right now, I just am trying to get in as many attacks an hour as I can, when I'm playing.

Finally got $750000...Now I have to wait 4 days for my shiny Town Hall Level 6...

I also broke my virginity in stars in war....I got one...Weeeee...

Finally got $750000...Now I have to wait 4 days for my shiny Town Hall Level 6...

I also broke my virginity in stars in war....I got one...Weeeee...

Double nice! So hard waiting for the long upgrades, especially the Town Hall since so many other upgrades are waiting for that to be done.

I'm so frustrated by the wars - last two I could've gotten 2-3 stars and had it all planned out, but then wasn't ready to use my lightning at the right time and the clan troops killed me.

Serge - your next upgrade has to be the spell factory. Watch Dubey's last couple attacks - he is a master of eliminating clan troops with lightning. Makes it look easy. Just a couple archers so they get nice and lined up, then drop your lightning right on them. Bam, done.

Double nice! So hard waiting for the long upgrades, especially the Town Hall since so many other upgrades are waiting for that to be done.

I'm so frustrated by the wars - last two I could've gotten 2-3 stars and had it all planned out, but then wasn't ready to use my lightning at the right time and the clan troops killed me.

Serge - your next upgrade has to be the spell factory. Watch Dubey's last couple attacks - he is a master of eliminating clan troops with lightning. Makes it look easy. Just a couple archers so they get nice and lined up, then drop your lightning right on them. Bam, done.

You can also accomplish that with 2-3 good wizards if you drop them behind the clan troops.

I just raided my way to getting town hall 8. Now I have to wait 8 days for it, and watch my 1.1 million in elixir evaporate in raids while it's being built.

I messed up my second attack. Should have gotten 2 stars at least, but wasn't watching the clock and waited too long to deploy the rest of my archers. Ended up with 1 star. 4 total for the war.

I messed up my second attack. Should have gotten 2 stars at least, but wasn't watching the clock and waited too long to deploy the rest of my archers. Ended up with 1 star. 4 total for the war.

Four stars from every player would be pretty awesome. I always say 3 should be the goal, and improve from there.

Way ahead of you...:)

It will be ready around midnight tonight...Adrian had it and he was showing me its powers..Pretty cool..

That has been the major issue I have had with my war attacks..The bases look super easy...I beat bases that are 10 times harder in the regular attacks, but they come at me with like level 4 or 5 wizards to ruin me...

I need a strategy to counter that, and the goat them into coming out with barbs or archers, while I go lightning on their ass seems like the way to go..

One star this war, 3 stars next..Lets go

You can also accomplish that with 2-3 good wizards if you drop them behind the clan troops.

I just raided my way to getting town hall 8. Now I have to wait 8 days for it, and watch my 1.1 million in elixir evaporate in raids while it's being built.

Interesting - I'm upgrading my wizards to a 2 right now, so if I see clan troops come out that aren't overly strong, I might try that and save my lightning.

Yeah, I was just raiding my way up on trophies so I could raid for realz when my clock is up and ended up with 750k in total resources with basically no way to spend them. i just hope the first guy that takes them leaves me with a shield. there should probably be a rule that if you lose more than x% of your total resources, you get a shield. I'v e been really trying to coordinate my raids with when I actually had the ability to spend, and make sure I left a big elixir and a big gold upgrade to be done at the same time, so I wouldn't be wasting one. Another good reason for me to get to TH7 as fast as possible - open up lots more avenues for upgrades at different amounts/timeframes.

I saw that - you were about 3 seconds away from getting another star and 30 from getting the third one. I do love watching you line up all those clan troops just to take them out.

Sweet, just got a 12-hour shield in exchange for 6 trophies and 23k in gold even though my wizard tower was under construction.

I really don't get it - just got attacked and my 'available gold' was only 5% of what I had in storage (had basically nothing in mines). I thought it was usually 20%? I know I've lost that much before, I wonder why the change.

I don't know the exact number, but I know the percentage that can be stolen from mines and drills is igher than the percentage that can be stolen from Storages which is why it is a good idea to transfer your money into your storages as often as possible.

Got 3-starred for the first time - twice now in the past 24 hours. Once war once multiplayer. Both were by a bunch of giants who went after air defense first then added a healer. Guess I need to better protect my air defense but not sure what else to do to stop that. Oh, and I'm not far from getting my healer, so guess I'll be working that strategy too. How many healers usually per giants?

The barb rush is not the way to go, if you care alot about trophies, as you tend to lose a good chuck of the time. I am right now hovering up and down around 800. But, if you pick your target right, when you lose, you're still getting a bunch of loot, so you don't care as much. I will tell you, 3 staring someone with barbarians only is satisfying.

The barb rush is not the way to go, if you care alot about trophies, as you tend to lose a good chuck of the time. I am right now hovering up and down around 800. But, if you pick your target right, when you lose, you're still getting a bunch of loot, so you don't care as much. I will tell you, 3 staring someone with barbarians only is satisfying.

Yeah I bet that would feel awesome. Still not sure how barbs would work better than goblins though - some of the time maybe but not overall, especially for bigger scores.

Nice to have my troops a little stronger - I built up my trophies from 800 to 950 really easily with a little win of elixir, and you can get some much bigger steals in the 900 range it seems.

Posting too much because I'm bored with not being able to battle with a whole day left of the TH6 upgrade. Then it'll be another while I upgrade my storages!

Yeah I bet that would feel awesome. Still not sure how barbs would work better than goblins though - some of the time maybe but not overall, especially for bigger scores.

Nice to have my troops a little stronger - I built up my trophies from 800 to 950 really easily with a little win of elixir, and you can get some much bigger steals in the 900 range it seems.

Posting too much because I'm bored with not being able to battle with a whole day left of the TH6 upgrade. Then it'll be another while I upgrade my storages!

Well, for the bases that are the bigger scores, they would work better. But then, I'd also need giants and wall breakers and archers, and that's a more expensive and time consuming army.

Well, for the bases that are the bigger scores, they would work better. But then, I'd also need giants and wall breakers and archers, and that's a more expensive and time consuming army.

A couple wallbreakers helps a lot, but there's no point with giants since you aren't stopping anything anyway. I rarely use them, and even then just one or two. They only take up 2 slots so it's not bad. I usually keep 5 archers in case the base is outside. So there's still easily 100+ goblins.

Just opinion of course, though I'd bet using barbs is way more fun!

A couple wallbreakers helps a lot, but there's no point with giants since you aren't stopping anything anyway. I rarely use them, and even then just one or two. They only take up 2 slots so it's not bad. I usually keep 5 archers in case the base is outside. So there's still easily 100+ goblins.

Just opinion of course, though I'd bet using barbs is way more fun!

The point of the giants isn't really to take stuff down, it's to draw fire while the goblins do their work.

And again, I'm not on level 5, my max army is only 80 at this point