Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

Yeah, I have trouble with the sparky as well. Did you know that if you use zap on it, it has to fully re-charge? So if someone starts it way back, it'll be fully charged by the time it gets to you, but one zap and it needs another 5 seconds, which is easily enough time to kill it. I don't carry zap so it usually destroys me lol

I've been able to hover just above 3000 trophies for a bit. My main army is now up to level 9/7/4 common/rare/epics so I should be able to stick at 3000, though I do find it stressful. Will probably drop down to 2200-2400 range shortly so I can play more without stressing about a losing streak.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

What strategy do you use? I've become adept at defending but struggle with attacking. I could probably tie every match but Tough to win consistently. Most of my deck is 9/6/4. I use barbs, musk, hog, rocket, min horde, spears, elixir dragon. Good for countering most attacks

I see plenty of similar decks in the 3000 range - basically they just defend/defend/defend and hope their hog gets a few hits in. With no legendaries, you'll be at a disadvantage. The rocket is killing you though. Either switch it out for a cannon if you want to defend, or a zap if you consider yourself a good player. Zap is super valuable but hard to use.

I'd love for you to work a valk in, because it is super-valuable now that they buffed it, but can't figure out anything in your deck to remove.

My best advice is to get non-spear goblins to level 10. Goblins take 2 shots from a tower at the same level, and are 1-shot by a same-level zap so if you are mainly facing level 8s, you want level 9 goblins, etc. If they take 3 shots or can't be zapped, they can absolutely destroy a tower in no time. I use mine with my hog or sometimes just to send a quick attack if we are both low on elixir. People always underestimate how much damage they can do.

My current deck is my own, though I'm pretty sure it could be improved if I worked a dark prince or zap into it, but I don't have the interest or gold to tinker:

Prince, Hog, goblins, fireball, barbs, wizard, freeze, valk

I'm back up to around 1150+, on a bot of a roll but the players get better really fast. Here is my current deck with their level:

Hog (4)

Archers (8)

Witch (2)

Valkyrie (5)

Arrows (8)

Baby Dragon (2)

Skeleton Army (3)

Spear Goblins (8)

I have tried things like Inferno Tower, Minion Horde and X-Bow in there instead of the Archers, but at the moment I have been trying to keep the avg Elixer down. Giant, Prince and Mini Pekka are cool but I don't think I use them properly. I have the Skeletons in there to counter Prince and Hogs, Arrows for any volume attacks. I am kinda in the same boat as you Chris, Defending like crazy until they make small mistakes then hopefully the Hog breaks through.

I might try your advice on Goblins since I have enough air defense. Any other advice to move up would be great.

Cheers,

D

I'm not in the 2 for slashin clan, I joined one with my CoC group.

Dave, I would suggest replacing your witch and spear goblins with goblins and either mini-pekka or a cannon. Witch is a great support troop but doesn't really match well with the rest of your army, and she's expensive for someone who isn't really great by herself on offense or defense. With arrows and dragon, you have enough air defense.

The mini-pekka can be really great since it takes out a hog with two shots and starts a good offensive push, and you can also use it against a giant - if he sends something like archers or goblins behind the giant, your valk takes them out, and if he sends minions, you can arrow them. A really strong offensive push is sending skeleton army with mini-pekka - so after you kill his giant or hog with your mini-pekka, drop your skeleton army all around him : )

Mostly though, you guys will just have to try to not get discouraged. I have a mini-account that I play around 1400-2000 trophies, and it can be frustrating because everyone plays really defensively. Most armies have minion horde, barbarians and usually a defense like bomb tower, which is like 15 elixir on basically defense-only troops. Just try to pay attention to your opponent's army the first 20-30 seconds, try to predict how he'll counter your next move, and go from there. If you know he has minion horde, don't send out 8-10 elixir in a ground only attack...send out something like a mini-pekka to draw his minion horde, then arrow them and start your next attack!