Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

You guys need any help with this war? I might pop over and can donate dragons or level 6 balloons (which I have learned are better clan castle troops for a 10-dragon attack than another dragon).

Dubes - have some thoughts but will have to expand later. Short version is that you will absolutely need to GoWiPe at th9, and by far the most important thing you can do to prepare is to up your golems.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

Did I miss the next war? Let me know if one is happening today and I'll run back for it.

no, its march break, We will start a war tomorrow.

Sorry guys..Left the clan for a bit.

I am helping out the kids clan..

Adrian is all excited about game again..He is the Co leader..And the point was for us to play together anyways..

Might be back if you will have me at some point..

• 2 weeks later...

Finally did something I've been thinking about for a bit, and started a new base. My old one is technically still around and I can access it, but I just have the builders going on mines in case I miss it, and it'll be dormant.

BigD-style, I paid the ~$20 right away to get my third and fourth builder, and a head-start on the fifth so I can blast ahead. Th9 was becoming repetitive, and some "mistakes" I made when I was building it were making it tough in a serious clan. I enjoyed building up to and playing at TH7-TH8 way more...so figured I'd do it again!

Started my new base yesterday and I'm already having more fun with it than I've had since TH8. Yay!

Finally did something I've been thinking about for a bit, and started a new base. My old one is technically still around and I can access it, but I just have the builders going on mines in case I miss it, and it'll be dormant.

BigD-style, I paid the ~$20 right away to get my third and fourth builder, and a head-start on the fifth so I can blast ahead. Th9 was becoming repetitive, and some "mistakes" I made when I was building it were making it tough in a serious clan. I enjoyed building up to and playing at TH7-TH8 way more...so figured I'd do it again!

Started my new base yesterday and I'm already having more fun with it than I've had since TH8. Yay!

Hmm. You are crazy. Almost 8 months it took to where I am.

But I will admit the game gets tougher now. Everything is 10 day and 6 million updates

Yea, I am probably going to take a break from the game, once I get to TH9. I'm still grinding out some upgrades. But, the staggering amount of resources for th9 upgrades is discouraging to me.

I've been grinding L10 inner walls for about two months now...a million coins or elixr per build and there's like 60 pieces of wall, maybe more. Almost finished, finally...then I'm going to max out my defenses and start working on my troops again.

Starting to feel like the clan is a bit of a rake, sad to say, I spend about 1.5 million on elixr to use my attacks in wars that we only win about 15% of the time, and even when we win I get back like 35% of my investment. I'm still participating for now.

Well, I guess that's overstating things. I just did the math and my standard attack in a war costs me 262,500 elixr x 2 attacks = 525,000 per war. It's definitely a losing enterprise for me, I almost never recoup the investment.

Finally saved up 60k DE for lvl2 golems. Also started the upgrade to TH9 shortly after. Everything is maxed except walls and a couple bombs. I've got about 40 skull walls done but I just don't feel like grinding walls for 3 months while my builders sit idle. Going to try to have 6m of each resource ready to go when th9 is complete

Finally saved up 60k DE for lvl2 golems. Also started the upgrade to TH9 shortly after. Everything is maxed except walls and a couple bombs. I've got about 40 skull walls done but I just don't feel like grinding walls for 3 months while my builders sit idle. Going to try to have 6m of each resource ready to go when th9 is complete

Nice! Build up as much DE as you can to start pushing that Queen. Getting her to level 5 is extremely key, as her "power" is a little different than the King's. She gets more powerful and sends out troops, like the King, but she also 'disappears' for a few seconds. I'm not clear if she can't be hit during those couple seconds, but the important thing is that it makes any defenses that were targeting her move to other troops (and, conveniently, she has just sent out a few archers). If you are unlucky and a defense targets her in the middle of a group, this gets you off the hook. Huge difference.

And yeah, walls are way overrated as you go up. Most attacks on you in war will be lavaloon or some combination of golems with wizards, pekkas, witches and heroes - walls only make a slight difference for the latter, and so long as they aren't crazy low-level, going up one more makes no difference. For farming, it really makes no difference, since people usually use WBs to go through whatever.

Congrats on going to th9! It is fun, and with the possibility of 20 extra troops, your queen, and an extra spell, it's amazing how much more interesting attacking can be.

Now he tells me walls are a useless upgrade...

What's the one defense you would max out on upgrades ahead of anything else? Also, sounds like fast tracking the Queen is a good move?

I maybe wrong , but I update my army first...The most time I spend on the game is looting...The most troops I use for looting are Archers, Barbs, Goblins, Giants and WBs..Hence I have updated these first..Ill have archers in another 5 days or so.

My defences dont suck, but they arent maxed..I am doing them slowly..

I have a Lvl 7 BK and Lvl 2 Queen..I am hoping to get these up higher..How the hell do these guys get them to 40 and 40..It seems like it would take me 2 years.

Now he tells me walls are a useless upgrade...

What's the one defense you would max out on upgrades ahead of anything else? Also, sounds like fast tracking the Queen is a good move?

lol just my opinion, which I formed AFTER I spent dozens of hours maxing skull walls...

The "best" defence has gotta be teslas. They are hidden, they do the most damage, they fire the quickest and they target ground and air. They can soak up raid troops almost as well as a wizard tower just because they fire so quickly. Wiz towers are very strong against raids, but don't do much in war, since you're usually getting attacked by troops with high HP.

I think upgrading mortars is overrated, since mortars are strong enough to take out similar-level troops when they are a level or two below your TH. Mortars need to be at a certain minimum level compared to your base, but it'd be the last thing I'd max out.

Now that they fire twice as fast, I think archer towers are underrated, especially in farming.

Getting the Queen to 5 is super important. After that, most good players seem to work on the Queen before the King. Kind of depends how you raid I guess. I would much prefer a strong Queen to a strong King, but I also miss the Queen more, so its harder to upgrade!

Assuming I go into TH9 with 6m/6m/40k, what should I upgrade first?

Archer queen

Lab

Air defense?

New walls?

Lab and archer queen

• Like 1

Assuming I go into TH9 with 6m/6m/40k, what should I upgrade first?

Archer queen

Lab

Air defense?

New walls?

I'd build the walls of course and get them to gold or something just so they're useful, but lab and Queen first (queen takes no time), and spells after. Army camps are expensive but I'd want to build those soon too. I did camps and then DE drills because 2 lvl6 drills is 5k dark per day which is crazy. Since all those things cost elixir, I got my walls up to par while I did them, but that's just one way. Most ppl at least build your new AD, tesla, etc and get them up a couple levels.

I suggest waiting on xbows. They're overrated (about the same damage as an archer tower!), and you can always put your heroes in the middle for good defense

ahh, forgot about all the new stuff I'll have to build. Guess I'll do AQ, Lab, all the new stuff, Camps, DE Drills in that order.

Spells!

The AQ is amazing for farming. Send her out late and she stays so far behind she doesn't usually take much damage at all until everyone else is gone, while her power from behind pushes everyone through.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided for fun to tuck my CC back into my base and drive for trophies, since it's not something that requires attention. I should be crystal league by today or tomorrow, but mainly I'm shocked at the number of raids by high level guys that seem to be pyrrhic wins, and trophy losses for them. I don't understand the strategy at all. Maybe Danny knows?

Decided for fun to tuck my CC back into my base and drive for trophies, since it's not something that requires attention. I should be crystal league by today or tomorrow, but mainly I'm shocked at the number of raids by high level guys that seem to be pyrrhic wins, and trophy losses for them. I don't understand the strategy at all. Maybe Danny knows?

Going to need you to explain "pyrrhic wins". Not all of us are smarter than everyone else in Canada other than cheese salesmen.

Going to need you to explain "pyrrhic wins". Not all of us are smarter than everyone else in Canada other than cheese salesmen.

When you spend more in troops than you gain in loot.

They are taking auditions now..You should try out..I was going to, but I am no longer Canada's smartest person.. I am trying for Jeopardy.