Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

ok...so I want to upgrade to Town Hall level 6, but doing so requires 750k gold. I have gold storage 9 (max 500k gold), and I can't upgrade until I am at level 6. Are they just forcing me to upgrade my second storage, or am I missing something?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

ok...so I want to upgrade to Town Hall level 6, but doing so requires 750k gold. I have gold storage 9 (max 500k gold), and I can't upgrade until I am at level 6. Are they just forcing me to upgrade my second storage, or am I missing something?

I have two gold storages...Why dont you have the second one?

Its taking me forever to collect gold..Max I had so far is like $250K....

I have two gold storages...Why dont you have the second one?

Its taking me forever to collect gold..Max I had so far is like $250K....

I have a second one, but I've been keeping it as low as possible so I don't have to protect 2!

I haven't had much more gold than that Serge, but I'm about to start raiding like crazy. I got my third builder's hut without getting to 1250 trophies (wooooot!!!) so my plan is to forget about trophies, get my goblins to level 3, then just go after people with 100 goblins or so for pure resources. I want to get my storages up so I can raid like crazy one day up to $750k and do the Town Hall upgrade, since I don't want to raid a bunch of people and sit around with a bunch of resources just to have all those stronger players are going to be able to 'revenge' attack me directly. I figure once I get TH6, and the second mortar and wizard tower, I'll have a strong enough defence that most people will have to think twice before attacking me (and in general, I try to carry low resource balances anyway).

I conducted a few raids with level 1 goblins recently, and have been really successful. Not huge wins, but I don't think it took me more than 2-3 tries to find a match, and in every case I gained at least 15k in total resources at a cost of less than 3k in elixir (and a loss in trophies). When I get into the 600-900 trophy range, I'd imagine I can pick off a net profit of 5-10k per raid, and goblins take no time to train, so I'm hoping to get it up quick. I'll just be interested what happens when I send 100 goblins at a real low-end base - might even luck into a star or two!

Yeah Danny you probably have to upgrade both of your gold storages

kk thanks. sure seemed weird.

at first I was just trying to get as many trophies as possible..I just got over a 1000 trophies and I find its good and bad..

Its very hard to beat the people in this range, but I find its easier to score a nice gold and elixir battle, at the same time losing trophies..

The ones at the lower scale in the 800 range easy to beat for trophies but not enough loot..Right now my attacks cost about 15-20K elixir...So I need to net more..

at first I was just trying to get as many trophies as possible..I just got over a 1000 trophies and I find its good and bad..

Its very hard to beat the people in this range, but I find its easier to score a nice gold and elixir battle, at the same time losing trophies..

The ones at the lower scale in the 800 range easy to beat for trophies but not enough loot..Right now my attacks cost about 15-20K elixir...So I need to net more..

If you're attacking for loot only, your attacks shouldn't cost that much. It is really hard to go for trophies and loot, I agree. I was finding it frustrating around 1000 trophies too, often going 25 tries to find a suitable person to attack.

Now that I'm raiding only, it's awesome. You lose ~20 trophies per attack, but every once in a while can pick up a few against someone weak, or have someone donate trophies to you (twice since I've started raiding, someone has sent a single archer in a 30-trophy donation. Not sure why)

I've been lucky so far in matchups, but my last two raids have yielded profits of about 48k and 76k in resources just sending 100 goblins at either their mines and collectors, or if they have them behind a wall, making sure i send the goblins at a wall that isn't covered by a wizard tower or mortar and they'll go right through it. Basically, as long as they have a decent amount available, and I won't get funnelled into a mortar or wizard tower, it's easy pickings at a cost of only 2500 elixir (for level 1, I think its 40 each at L2 and 60 each for L3)

I think I may take up that strategy and dive bomb my trophy count for looting purposes. I've found, in order to really increase my trophy count at this point, I need to be constantly attacking. However at 185k elixir per loadout, and about 2 hours in training time, it is very costly to do so, and it drains my resources quickly. over the last week, I've been attacking only in clan wars, plus using spare gems for elixir boosts. I was able to save up the 1.5 million elixir to upgrade my dark elixir drill to lvl 2. Next, I have my sights set on lvl 5 archers/wizards/giants, but those upgrades are 2.25 million each. It gets really tough to save up that much, because once you get up over a million, you become an easy target for raiders, and it ends up being a treadmill situation where you replenish just enough elixir while your shield is up just to cover the losses in the next raid, and that's not even taking into account any training costs if you are participating in clan wars.

Jeez, maybe I'm just in the sweet spot for levels/need, maybe I'm just getting lucky, but this raiding thing is almost too easy. Probably averaging over 25k in resources profit per raid, with barely any time spent since i find a decent match within the first couple tries and re-loading 100 goblins takes 15-20 minutes (and you can pre-load) - also can pick up trophies here and there since some people leave their town halls outside of the base.

Last raid was the kicker though - stole 280k in total resources, and probably left 50k on the table with less than optimal placement...and won 11 trophies!

Only problem is I'm outpacing my storage - at almost 600k gold and it's another 6 hours until my storage bumps, meaning all those big tough guys who I just raided are going to have me on their revenge list lol. Usually I'm going to try to keep my levels low and just go on runs to get up to whatever I want to buy so I'm not a sitting duck.

So how does the war win bonus work? I assumed that you got the full amount if you 3-starred, and a fraction if you got 1-2 stars. If I got 1 star, and someone else then got 3 on the same base, I assumed I got nothing.

This time though, I got 1-star on a base, and it showed me as getting the full amount. Someone else has now 2-starred the same one...and it's still showing as me getting the full amount? Guess I can wait and see, though I am curious. What if someone else got 1-star on a base, then I come along and also 1-star...do I get it then too? There was a very high base last war with their Town Hall on the outside for a free 1-star, and the war win bonus was about 330k of each...could a bunch of us just hit that?

Really hope the jerk who came along after to 2-star the same base didn't cost me that huge (for me) war bonus!

Yup my son did that. Recognized it. Got one star on their top base.

As for me. I suck. I have zero stars

Yeah, I noticed it when Adrian picked them off smartly. So he picked up 300k+ in bonuses then, even though he only got one? That answers one question I guess, though I'm curious about the other scenarios. Imagine if we all could've done what Adrian did, and got the same war bonus! It'd be selfish to all attack the same one since it wouldn't help the clan, but if we're up big like we have been the last two, then why not.

You get the same war win bonus whether you get 1, 2 , or 3 stars.

If somebody else gets more stars on the same base you attacked, you still get the war win bonus. I'm not sure what happens if a second person attacks a base that has already been defeated and gets the same number of stars. My guess would be that the second person does not get a war win bonus.

also, keep in mind, check your clan castle to see what your maximum capacity is. You cannot win more than you can take in your castle. So winning 300k when you can only hold 200k is pointless. Winning dark elixer when you don't have dark elixer storage is also pointless. There are only a finite number of attacks in a war, so it is always better to get 3 stars on a lower base than to 1 star a higher base.

You get the same war win bonus whether you get 1, 2 , or 3 stars.

If somebody else gets more stars on the same base you attacked, you still get the war win bonus. I'm not sure what happens if a second person attacks a base that has already been defeated and gets the same number of stars. My guess would be that the second person does not get a war win bonus.

That is crazy and awesome. Seems like there is a ton of incentive then to get your attacks in as early as possible in the war. Especially if you stumble upon something like Adrian did, and there's half a million in resources just there for the first person who wants it (so long as you win the war, which you may be hurting by taking a 1-star of course). Or even what happened to me, which is that by the time I was ready to get my second attack in, we had 2 stars on every base until we were getting to ones I had no chance at. I ended up picking off #29 (I was #41) just because I saw the Town Hall was vulnerable but there was no way I was getting any more anywhere else.

I'll be interested to know what happens if a second person attacks the same base, and gets the same number of stars, but I would definitely guess that you're right.

also, keep in mind, check your clan castle to see what your maximum capacity is. You cannot win more than you can take in your castle. So winning 300k when you can only hold 200k is pointless. Winning dark elixer when you don't have dark elixer storage is also pointless. There are only a finite number of attacks in a war, so it is always better to get 3 stars on a lower base than to 1 star a higher base.

Yeah, I can't get more than 200k of each of course, but knowing this stuff might encourage me to upgrade.

That is crazy and awesome. Seems like there is a ton of incentive then to get your attacks in as early as possible in the war. Especially if you stumble upon something like Adrian did, and there's half a million in resources just there for the first person who wants it (so long as you win the war, which you may be hurting by taking a 1-star of course). Or even what happened to me, which is that by the time I was ready to get my second attack in, we had 2 stars on every base until we were getting to ones I had no chance at. I ended up picking off #29 (I was #41) just because I saw the Town Hall was vulnerable but there was no way I was getting any more anywhere else.

I'll be interested to know what happens if a second person attacks the same base, and gets the same number of stars, but I would definitely guess that you're right.

Yeah attacking early in the war is almost a must at the lower levels, especially in a clan that is as active as this one. There may be only 6 or 7 bases that you have a chance to defeat, and there will probably be 10 or more clan members looking to attack those bases. Gotta get in early. What you did is perfect though in the cases where you get shut out of the lower bases. Good scouting, and grabbing a single star on a higher base is definitely better than just randomly picking a base and getting zero stars.

Yeah attacking early in the war is almost a must at the lower levels, especially in a clan that is as active as this one. There may be only 6 or 7 bases that you have a chance to defeat, and there will probably be 10 or more clan members looking to attack those bases. Gotta get in early. What you did is perfect though in the cases where you get shut out of the lower bases. Good scouting, and grabbing a single star on a higher base is definitely better than just randomly picking a base and getting zero stars.

Yeah, they had three bases that were easy pickings. I took one, and had the troops to do the second, but felt bad because I knew I'd be shutting others out. I was #41, so attacking two of the bottom three is not good for the group. A little bit frustrating when you see others in the clan attacking bases easily 5-10 below them, but as long as it doesn't become everyone's habit, it's ok. After all, in general attacks should be aimed at the bottom half, since the stars all count the same! If I was someone ranked in the teens or 20's, I might wait until towards the end, and just pick up easy stars from the back end if we hadn't gotten 3 everywhere.

Like you said, loving the participation in the clan. And all the top guys (Chris and I don't know who else) loading up the bases with level 4-5 troops is paying huge returns, as it is really causing problems for our opponents at the lower levels. A few high-level wizards or some minions can be the difference between 0 stars and 3 stars at the bottom end for sure. Looking forward to banking my 185k gold and elixir from this one!

Quick question on wars, if you know - if I start upgrading a mortar after the war has started, will my base be vulnerable for the rest of the war? Or does it only matter what state your base is in at the start of the war?

sigh..I will get no bonus..

Also..

Adrian was disciplined last night by my wife...The discipline is no IPAD for 3 weeks during weekdays...The poor kids is in tears, because he is worried he will be kicked out of the clan.

I told him Ill take care of his wars, and such...

He is the better clan member in the family...Me on the other hand suck..

Yeah, they had three bases that were easy pickings. I took one, and had the troops to do the second, but felt bad because I knew I'd be shutting others out. I was #41, so attacking two of the bottom three is not good for the group. A little bit frustrating when you see others in the clan attacking bases easily 5-10 below them, but as long as it doesn't become everyone's habit, it's ok. After all, in general attacks should be aimed at the bottom half, since the stars all count the same! If I was someone ranked in the teens or 20's, I might wait until towards the end, and just pick up easy stars from the back end if we hadn't gotten 3 everywhere.

Like you said, loving the participation in the clan. And all the top guys (Chris and I don't know who else) loading up the bases with level 4-5 troops is paying huge returns, as it is really causing problems for our opponents at the lower levels. A few high-level wizards or some minions can be the difference between 0 stars and 3 stars at the bottom end for sure. Looking forward to banking my 185k gold and elixir from this one!

Quick question on wars, if you know - if I start upgrading a mortar after the war has started, will my base be vulnerable for the rest of the war? Or does it only matter what state your base is in at the start of the war?

I think bases are "locked in" as soon as the preparation period for the war begins. You can edit your base layout during the preparation period, but as far as I know, any upgrades do not come into effect during the war.

Im the Colton Orr of the clan

If you were the Colton Orr of the clan I would never have signed you.

And tell Adrian not to worry: we won't kick him out. Unless, of course, he disobeys his parents again and gets banned a second time. Then I will be Shanaban like..... (not really)

If you were the Colton Orr of the clan I would never have signed you.

And tell Adrian not to worry: we won't kick him out. Unless, of course, he disobeys his parents again and gets banned a second time. Then I will be Shanaban like..... (not really)

lol great...

grrr...been raiding the last couple hours to try to build up to 750k. Trying to stay logged in so I wouldn't get jumped while I had built up, but of course I'm not going to refresh every 5 minutes. Got up to 680k, then logged in to find an attack occurred "0 seconds ago"...and robbed me of 110k! boooo

what is the significance of the levels?

I dont see things getting unlocked as I progress..Or am I wrong?

Is your ranking based on a combination of trophies and the Level you are on?