Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

Funny couple days. Went from never getting 3-starred to getting in 3 times in 2 days. Lots of attacks from people with. 200+ trophies more than me...maybe revenge attacks from all my raiding lol.

Did a little raiding yesterday afternoon because I had some time, even though I couldn't really use the resources. Definitely liking the strategy of building up to 950-1000 trophies, then raiding down to 700ish. The type of base available really takes a turn around 950 - too expensive to work for trophies after that, for me.

Ended up running only 5 goblin raids, as the worst one still netted 60k+ in resources. In total, the 5 raids yielded over 650k. Raiding is fun!

• Like 1

Broke 1000 for the first time today. These level 3 barbs are tying my barb attack together.

Trophies? That's awesome. I got to 1024 before I found it too frustrating to find an attackable base and just decided to farm for a while. But you've got better troops and probably better attack chops than me, so good luck pushing past. Level 3 troops make a huge difference, though I was so annoyed to find out I had to wait until TH7 to get my Lab to level 5 to get the barbs and archers to level 4.

I don't know the exact number, but I know the percentage that can be stolen from mines and drills is igher than the percentage that can be stolen from Storages which is why it is a good idea to transfer your money into your storages as often as possible.

Found out more about this. Turns out that your Town Hall level affects your available loot. If you attack someone with a Town Hall level at or above yours, you get all of their available loot (subject to the maximums of 20% or whatever for storages, etc) and subject to a maximum (I think it is 200k). At TH7 or TH8, the percentages available goes down, though the maximums go up.

However, if you attack someone with a TH lower than yours, there is a penalty. I think I remember it was 10% if they're one blow, 50% if they're 2 below and 95% if 3 below. So if you upgrade to TH7, you basically won't get anything for attacking anyone at TH4 and below, and even TH5 is 50% reduced. That's a big penalty for upgrading Town Halls, which is why I'm holding off my TH7 for at least a few days (though I'm having a hard time spending elixir at TH6).

So I'm wondering about the giant/healer strategy that's been used against me a few times. Looking ahead to our war, there's a few bases with either no air defense or a poorly protected one, and I'm thinking of begging for a clan healer (I'm hoping to start my 2-day barracks build to get mine later today) and trying it out.

Anything I should be aware of? I've seen others run into problems when the healers split from the troops - seems like there's probably no sure-fire way to avoid this, other than to try to deploy your troops to the same spot and maybe to wait to deploy other troops so they don't 'steal' the healer.

For a Level 1 healer, I know an air defense takes them down easy, but I'm wondering about others. Seems like basically any 2 of: level 6 archer tower or level 2 wizard tower is probably not enough, or at least I'm hoping that's the case.

I don't have much of a chance at any bases in this war unless the above is all true, so fingers crossed! I'll be begging for a healer to start the war, and another one for my second attack, if any of you rich guys feel like helping out : )

So I recently started the game ... I am wondering how far along I need to be before I am worthy to join the clan! I'm at Level 21, 620 Trophy. TH will be level 5 in about 10 hours.

So I recently started the game ... I am wondering how far along I need to be before I am worthy to join the clan! I'm at Level 21, 620 Trophy. TH will be level 5 in about 10 hours.

you can join now..

Yeah... I don't want to be the weakest link ya know.... Star Trek red shirt.... Clan fodder.... I rather it be the "Where have you been all our lives.." kinda effect. :)

Its all in fun...Its a very eclectic group of people, kids, and some interesting peeps..( couple of unnamed VIPs)

Adam and Dubey are solid....I am 4th line, on my way to third line status..Dannyg is a quick learner..Then we have my son and his 3 or 4 hockey teammates...Chris is a great leader and his boy as well..

Its cool...

Then we have BigDmcgee....he of the lets donate lvl 2 barbarians(lol..its cool..but funny) he is a good guy too..

We can use a nice Irish influence..

I joined when I was about where you are. You might not get into every war right away, but you'll be a part of it anyway.

less than an hour left till TH 6

I feel like xmas

Was fun being at 6 - the extra mortar and wizard tower are huge for defense. I had half a million in elixir all day yesterday, and I got attacked exactly once. Really takes a lot to get into a well-built base with 4 splash-damage capable structures. I'm going to pretty much upgrade everything before going to TH7, though that's another big one, with an extra army camp, 50 walls, a mortar, dark barracks and storage, 2 more cannons and an archer tower!

I'm also almost done level 4 walls. I had no idea level 5 were so much better than level 4 (500 HP, as opposed to 200 HP increase going from 3-4), so that is a really big one. Kind of annoying that I have a ton of gold I want to spend and not many elixir upgrades - seems ridiculous to spend 750k elixir just to upgrade the army camps to get 5 more, but I guess that's what I'll do.

I am attacking and getting 75000 to 100000 gold and elixir every time, but when I get attacked POOF 100000 plus gold gone..TH6 will come in handy

A hoard of giants and two healers backing them up is pretty much my core attack strategy, I use it all the time with level 6 giants and level 3 healers. It does a pretty good job of demolishing the opponents defenses.

I use level 5 lightning spells to take out the air defense (and anything close to it) on one side of the base and then unleash my hoard there, once they get penetration into the city walls I release my level 5 wizards to clean up everything behind them on the way to attacking the town hall which guarantees at least a star. I keep a level 3 dragon in reserve for mop up duty but most of the damage is done by the giants and the wizards, I use between 15-20 of each per attack.

The only place I run into trouble with this strategy is with clan troops, especially strong ones. Giants won't attack clan troops, so they get picked apart pretty easily unless I deploy wizards or my hero to take the clan troops out.

I've tinkered with trying to trigger the clan troops in the direction of the air defense I want to smash with lightning spells, killing two birds with one stone but it's not easy to time it right since the clan troops move so quick.

I haven't used a goblin in months, they get killed too easily. I'm working on getting my balloon bombers up to level 6 as I've seen firsthand how devastating they can be when you unleash a lot of them all around an enemy base. Easy peasy 100% destruction.

I use goblins when I find a really juicy base that's very strongly defended to hit and run for the loot. I take the trophy loss, but walk with as much as I can at almost no cost.

For the first six months of playing this, I really didn't use goblins. Now I see their value.

I never used goblins until recently either..But my strategy now is get a few giants or wall breakers to put holes than throw in 60-70 goblins..They steal everything very fast...

Like Chris said, they have great value..

I used goblins a lot when I was working my way up, but now it's hard for me to find opponents that have enough loot available to justify attacking for that reason, I honestly don't even attack that much anymore outside of clan wars where I can maximize the amount of resources I get per attack. Using two attacks to get 500k plus of each treasure makes better sense than spending 30-60k in gold skipping around the list looking for someone worth raiding just to hopefully get 120k in elixr.

A hoard of giants and two healers backing them up is pretty much my core attack strategy, I use it all the time with level 6 giants and level 3 healers. It does a pretty good job of demolishing the opponents defenses.

I use level 5 lightning spells to take out the air defense (and anything close to it) on one side of the base and then unleash my hoard there, once they get penetration into the city walls I release my level 5 wizards to clean up everything behind them on the way to attacking the town hall which guarantees at least a star. I keep a level 3 dragon in reserve for mop up duty but most of the damage is done by the giants and the wizards, I use between 15-20 of each per attack.

Yeah, I've seen you and others with this strategy, which I love. I'm hoping that a single Level 1 healer and only a 8-10 level 2 giants will be enough at the lower levels. I think the bases I've picked don't have anything to destroy them all at once, so long as my healer can survive two structures hitting it at once. Like you said, I'll use wizards and other fast-moving things to clean up behind them. The only time I've seen things go wrong for you and others is either because the healer got separated from the main pack and started protecting a rogue barbarian or something.

I don't have enough spells to just take out an air defense, so I'm looking at bases that either don't have one at all, or that it's close enough to the outside that I can destroy it first, then start from there. If there's clan troops, I'll try to use Dubey's strategy to drop a lightning on them.

Obviously, with limited troops and a bunch of giants, another concern is the whole thing taking too long. Most bases I'm running at are small enough that I should be able to throw enough wizards and barbarians to clean up for 2-3 stars, but I'll be holding my breath while the giants slowly lumber from structure to structure.

Can I do healers now

???

Once you're at TH6, you'll be able to upgrade barracks to level 8 (costs 700k, two days).

The only place I run into trouble with this strategy is with clan troops, especially strong ones. Giants won't attack clan troops, so they get picked apart pretty easily unless I deploy wizards or my hero to take the clan troops out.

I've tinkered with trying to trigger the clan troops in the direction of the air defense I want to smash with lightning spells, killing two birds with one stone but it's not easy to time it right since the clan troops move so quick.

I haven't used a goblin in months, they get killed too easily. I'm working on getting my balloon bombers up to level 6 as I've seen firsthand how devastating they can be when you unleash a lot of them all around an enemy base. Easy peasy 100% destruction.

Heh, I've watched a few attacks on the biggest bases, and it seems like a main strategy is to just lightning the air defenses and dump 40 level 6 balloons into an area and watch them go nuts. Not much a defense can do.

I never used goblins until recently either..But my strategy now is get a few giants or wall breakers to put holes than throw in 60-70 goblins..They steal everything very fast...

Like Chris said, they have great value..

Yeah, I usually have 8-10 in my regular army...I find them useful for multi-player attacks to spread out the enemy's defense, since they'll go inwards to the storages and mines while my other guys work in from the outside.

I used goblins a lot when I was working my way up, but now it's hard for me to find opponents that have enough loot available to justify attacking for that reason, I honestly don't even attack that much anymore outside of clan wars where I can maximize the amount of resources I get per attack. Using two attacks to get 500k plus of each treasure makes better sense than spending 30-60k in gold skipping around the list looking for someone worth raiding just to hopefully get 120k in elixr.

How long does it take to train a full army for you? I know healers and balloons take forever...