Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

I am always short on elixirs..

My attacks arent profitable..I spend more elixir training than acquiring in battles..The tougher ones that have lots of loot, i cant beat yet..

I have a level 9 elixir collector, 3 level 7s and a level 4..It took 2 days to go from level 8 to level 9..

I just spent 500 gems on a builder, so that will help now that I have 3

something to keep in mind. the jump in elixer production from lvl 8 to lvl 9 is the same as from lvl 4 to lvl 5 but costs way more time/gold. Doesn't make sense to upgrade 1 faster than the others. Keep them all at the same level, but upgrade them as quickly as possible. They cap out at lvl 11, and aren't that expensive to get there. This goes for gold mines as well.

Welcome to the clan Danny. Checked out your base, looks good, but you gotta clear out all those obstacles! I bet you have 100+ Gems just waiting to be uncovered.

Anyone know if the Adam that joined is FCP/FCHL Adam?

something to keep in mind. the jump in elixer production from lvl 8 to lvl 9 is the same as from lvl 4 to lvl 5 but costs way more time/gold. Doesn't make sense to upgrade 1 faster than the others. Keep them all at the same level, but upgrade them as quickly as possible. They cap out at lvl 11, and aren't that expensive to get there. This goes for gold mines as well.

This actually goes for pretty much everything in the game. The boost in production/damage/HP etc. is linear, but the jump in cost/time is exponential. Whenever you have multiples of the same structure, ie. cannons, archer towers, mortars, gold mines, elixer drills, upgrade them at the same pace. The only structure that it makes sense to have 1 at a significantly higher level than the others is your Barracks.

I am always short on elixirs..

My attacks arent profitable..I spend more elixir training than acquiring in battles..The tougher ones that have lots of loot, i cant beat yet..

I have a level 9 elixir collector, 3 level 7s and a level 4..It took 2 days to go from level 8 to level 9..

I just spent 500 gems on a builder, so that will help now that I have 3

Yeah, I'm finding myself long on gold and short on elixir. Not battling a ton, but have stolen a lot of gold recently. With the laboratory, elixir is easier/faster to spend. My next few upgrades will be with gold, but having trouble deciding on the order of my next elixir:

- upgrade barracks to get balloons

- upgrade giants to level 2

- upgrade the Lab, which will allow me to put my archers and Barbs to level 3.

I'm leaning towards the first, since at my level a lot of bases don't have any defense against air other than archer towers, and I'd guess I can take those out reasonably quickly then let the balloons go nuts.

Actually, I guess it really helps to write it out, as I realized I have enough elixir to do giants now, and by the time I spend some of my gold (currently maxed), I'll have regenerated enough to do the barracks upgrade. Yay!

Good point! I'm psyched to get to the third builder just so I can constantly be cycling the upgrades. Only 'problem' is the upgrades are so cheap compared to how long they take, that if I do them, I end up maxed on gold and/or elixir. I don't really want to upgrade my storage (level 8) because its already sufficient for everything I want to buy, and I'm trying to spend it as fast as I can.

I have spent gems a couple times on 'boosting' times. Only costs 6 gems to double a level 7 mine for a day, which translates to an extra 38,400 gold, which is really cheap compared to other options (it would cost 42 gems to buy 25,700). Once I get that third builder, I might spend a fair bit of gems that way to go for the big upgrades. Not sure how useful the fourth builder hut is...

At 823 trophies right now. Really want to just make a run for 1250, but makes no sense when I have no room for resources. Hoping to get there within a few days once I have balloons, but I'm away for the long weekend, so that'll put a hamper into any attack plans!

Welcome to the clan Danny. Checked out your base, looks good, but you gotta clear out all those obstacles! I bet you have 100+ Gems just waiting to be uncovered.

Anyone know if the Adam that joined is FCP/FCHL Adam?

Thanks! I was finding the obstacles not generating much, but it does seem like the more expensive ones are better. If you think I could have anywhere close to 100, I'll get moving. I'm at 386 now, so that might get me to 500, or at least close. Also, it's a perfect way to use up some of my gold that I was JUST complaining about.

Dubey, I often say you're awesome, but you are really goddamn awesome.

This actually goes for pretty much everything in the game. The boost in production/damage/HP etc. is linear, but the jump in cost/time is exponential. Whenever you have multiples of the same structure, ie. cannons, archer towers, mortars, gold mines, elixer drills, upgrade them at the same pace. The only structure that it makes sense to have 1 at a significantly higher level than the others is your Barracks.

I've been putting off upgrading my mortar. It's super-valuable to have one, but it seems the incremental advantage is tiny - 120k gold and all it gets is one more attack-point (from 5 to 6) and 10% better HP. I am putting my cannons and archers to level 5 right now (though trying to avoid having two upgrades going at the same time), and I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go to 3 on the mortar.

The next builder is a 1000 gems..

GEEZZZZ

Wait, it's 1000 MORE to get a 4th? I figured they each cost 500...

Do people recommend saving up for the 4th? I remember Jay or someone said that more aren't all that useful later since everything is so expensive. Am I better off using the gems for other stuff?

jeeps, just looking at a guide on characters. Funny how some things just aren't linear. For example, giants stay mainly linear throughout, but then jump like crazy from level 5 to 6. Archers same, except the increase from level 6-7 is almost nothing. A lot of other characters follow a progression that is percentage-based, rather than linear (i.e. their attacks might go 15-18-22-26-31).

Heh, the guide also confirmed my suspicion that balloons make a lot of the single-player missions very simple. Nice way to build a bit of extra dough on those with a single balloon.

Why are walls so expensive..

I am thinking you need to spend $100 million to go max

Way, way more. It's taken me upwards of $19 million just upgrading my walls to Level 6, and taking just my 250 sections of wall to Level 7 at $200k a pop will cost $50 million with 4 more upgrade levels to go from there. The level 11 upgrade for 250 pieces (at $4,000,000 per section) will cost a billion just by itself.

Also, hi guys. Nice to have a clan with people I know! :)

Wait, it's 1000 MORE to get a 4th? I figured they each cost 500...

Do people recommend saving up for the 4th? I remember Jay or someone said that more aren't all that useful later since everything is so expensive. Am I better off using the gems for other stuff?

From what I gather, the only useful thing to spend gems on is a builder...There are other things like Statues..Which is useless..All the other things are obviously just to save time.

1000 for the next one..I am assuming much more for the 5th

Way, way more. It's taken me upwards of $19 million just upgrading my walls to Level 6, and taking just my 250 sections of wall to Level 7 at $200k a pop will cost $50 million with 4 more upgrade levels to go from there. The level 11 upgrade for 250 pieces (at $4,000,000 per section) will cost a billion just by itself.

Also, hi guys. Nice to have a clan with people I know! :)

Even though I see you on Facebook, good to see you here and Clash as well

From what I gather, the only useful thing to spend gems on is a builder...There are other things like Statues..Which is useless..All the other things are obviously just to save time.

1000 for the next one..I am assuming much more for the 5th

Once you really advance in level, the only way you can effectively upgrade (without it taking forever and being extremely frustrating when you get attacked and robbed) is to use gems acquiring the elixr and gold you need to do so. Even with my maxed out elixr and gold farms it would still take me a very long time to upgrade my town hall, my troops, pretty soon my walls and defenses, it all costs a ton when you get up there and it's impossible to keep up without spending gems.

If I could do it again, I would probably not get a 4th builder, and spend those gems on resource boosts instead. I never have all 4 builders going at once. It's usually just 1 now.

I have four, haven't felt any need to get the fifth but sometimes it's nice having four, especially when I'm clearing brush looking for gems and stuff like that.

I'll be honest, I've spent real life money upgrading my base and troops to make them competitive, really should stop but this game gets addicting as hell.

I have four, haven't felt any need to get the fifth but sometimes it's nice having four, especially when I'm clearing brush looking for gems and stuff like that.

I'll be honest, I've spent real life money upgrading my base and troops to make them competitive, really should stop but this game gets addicting as hell.

relatively speaking spending real life money on gems isnt that expensive(i havent done it yet, I might)..I remember when I was a teenager I would blow $20 at an arcade in a couple of hours...$20 can buy you 2500 gems..

You would be absolutely amazed how fast you can chew through $50 worth of gems upgrading troops and barracks and stuff like that.

My problem is I'm not blessed with a large amount of patience, so I end up spending gems on the upgrade and then more gems skipping the upgrade time, chews them up very fast.

You would be absolutely amazed how fast you can chew through $50 worth of gems upgrading troops and barracks and stuff like that.

My problem is I'm not blessed with a large amount of patience, so I end up spending gems on the upgrade and then more gems skipping the upgrade time, chews them up very fast.

my son has no patience...He spends all his gems...He wasnt able to save the 500 like I told him to....

Dubey and Adam and clanmates, if you guys have a few minutes to spare take a look at my layout..

Any tips to improve it are appreciated.

Put your valuable stuff (town hall, gold storages, elixr storage and defenses) behind the walls, then use the stuff that costs you nothing if you lose it to attack (barracks, army camps, etc) in front of the walls to act as buffers against attacks. The idea is to give your defenses the max amount of time to fend off an attack before the troops reach and breach your walls).

In Clan Wars, you lose one battle star for being defeated by 50% or more, one star for losing your town hall, and one star for losing 100% of your structures (not including walls). Defending your town hall is very important in a warring clan, every star counts.

Cleared all but 5 of my trees and such but only got 32 gems for clearing 27 pieces :( Still only at 428. Next level is at 500 objects cleared...I assume your map expands at some point?

Hi Adam! Great to see you back and clanning it up

And of course if anyone else has tips on my base, I'd love to hear them, now or in the future. So far I've even successful drawing attacks by having lots of resources, then winning trophies and giving up little because I clear out the collectors so often and no one has gotten to my storages...but that won't work forever of course...

Couple things, close up your walls so giants and barbarians can't just walk right in, and take your builders huts to the corners of the map which will help you save some trophies as attackers will run out of time before getting 100% on you.

You should be spending all your resources right now on acquiring the max amount of gold and elixr farms and upgrading them as high as you can get them, that will help you the most in the long run.