2014 Playoff Thread

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But but but you support drug user rob ford...

Well, that should pretty much kill my chances of ever eating hummus again.  

Serge, you know I usually stick up for you but you are coming off really bad here.   Subban a cheater? This is a guy who gets booed every tiem he touches the puck, mostly because he is black. Had ra

A cold Bryzgalov has to come into a game 7 that looks like will go to OT.

Hockey gods rule!

I wish I didnt have to get up early in the morning, this OT is going to kill me.

I think the Sharks would have probably had 4 Finals appearances if they played in the East. Just constantly running into juggernauts over there.

wtf schedule makers... Pens/NYR games 2 and 3 back to back with travel? Ouch.

Anyways, my bracket is ruined, so...

Boston in 6

Pittsburgh in 7

Los Angeles in 6

Chicago in 6

Well My Cup winner is gone.

Boston in 5

NYR in 6

LA in 5

Chicago in 5

2nd round will be a let down as usual.

East

Detroit > Boston 6

Montreal > TB 7 Montreal

Pittsburgh > Columbus in 6 Pittsburgh

NY Rangers > Philly in 6 New York

Detroit > Tampa Bay in 6 Boston > Montreal in 6

NY Rangers > Pitt in 7

NYR > Detroit in 5 NYR > BOS in 6

West

Dallas > Anaheim in 7 Anaheim

LA > SJS in 6 LA

Colorado > Minnesota in 5 Minn

St. Louis > Chicago in 6 CHI

Dallas > LA in 7 LA> ANA in 7

Col > STL in 6 Chi> Min in 5

DAL > COL in 6 LA>CHI in 6

DAL > NYR 5 NYR>LA in 5

This playoffs couldn't get any worse. What's next Subban vs Crosby.

Stupid.

Montreal is going to need 3 more miracles to win this series, but it can certainly be done with a hot goalie... hell, they've done it before with Halak beating the best versions of the Pens and Caps.

That said, I'm for sure rooting for them to knock out Boston, in case Pittsburgh makes it to the next round.

Montreal is going to need 3 more miracles to win this series, but it can certainly be done with a hot goalie... hell, they've done it before with Halak beating the best versions of the Pens and Caps.

That said, I'm for sure rooting for them to knock out Boston, in case Pittsburgh makes it to the next round.

This is the year of the Arp in the Armenian calendar.

He wins pools. He picked rangers to win cup

• Like 1

Pretty much.

Shot attempts were 98-58... 89-47 at 5 on 5.

If it wasn't the Habs I would cheer for more to quiet the analytical stats community

You don't need analytics to tell you that Price stole that one last night. The good old eyeball test reached the same conclusion.

I'm really looking forward to the second round. BOS-MTL is a great rivalry, ANA-LA is a good one that keeps getting better and CHI-MIN used to be a great rivalry back in the day when the WIld were the North Stars.

Minny and Chicago played last year too. Maybe a budding rivalry there.

Problem here though is that I think other than Pit/NYR, you've got some lopsided series.

Pretty obvious that SJ/LA and CHI/STL should have been the semis (or perhaps ANA in there somewhere, but I don't think so).

Hope Minny can keep it competitive. I like them.

Minny and Chicago played last year too. Maybe a budding rivalry there.

Problem here though is that I think other than Pit/NYR, you've got some lopsided series.

Pretty obvious that SJ/LA and CHI/STL should have been the semis (or perhaps ANA in there somewhere, but I don't think so).

Hope Minny can keep it competitive. I like them.

not sure how ANA/LA is lopsided...The betting line currently is a pickem for the series...

Just my opinion. I took LA in 6 but really think I should have gone 5.

Anaheim had a ton of trouble with Dallas while LA basically destroyed SJ after their rough start. Plus, I don't think Anaheim is all that good.

Just my opinion. I took LA in 6 but really think I should have gone 5.

Anaheim had a ton of trouble with Dallas while LA basically destroyed SJ after their rough start. Plus, I don't think Anaheim is all that good.

I would really disagree with you on a roster vs roster basis, but the one part that I worry about is Quick vs ??? Hiller? Andersen?

I could easily see either Anaheim goalie having a great series, but its hard to bet against Quick when he is playing against those 2.

Can we just throw out the first 3 games against San Jose out the window? are we going to give them 3 mulligans and say they dominated San Jose??

They did something that only 3 teams in 175 tries were able to accomplish ...Impressive yes, but still some questions there..

They dominated most of the 3rd game too. SJ got two flukey floater/deflection goals, including the OT.

I didn't see SJ even have a realistic chance to win in the games I watched after that.

LA did this last post season too. Just flipped a switch and dominated.