Olympic Hockey

ok I apologize..Ill tone it down...But we can cheer loudly for our teams..

We should have a bet between me and you..non monetary..Something that involves me riding the Subway if I lose, and you doing something suburban...What do you think?

Ha, not bad. Let's see what you can come up with.

I don't care if you cheer for the USA or Russia or anybody, or everybody, I just hate the negativity, and the childish insults towards teams and fans (and I'm not saying you're doing that, just that's such an internet/twitter culture kind of thing.) What happened to two people cheering for different teams, and just cheering, not trying to find angles why their team is better, excuses for losing, etc. Fandom is annoying sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

What happened to two people cheering for different teams, and just cheering, not trying to find angles why their team is better, excuses for losing, etc. Fandom is annoying sometimes.

Everyone wants attention. What they do doesn't matter anymore, unless lots of people are watching. Whoever has more facebook friends/twitter followers is all that matters.

And to get lots of people to watch, you act over the top and offend.

Its why people can somehow consider Kypreos to be Bob McKenzie's equal, just on a different channel. I dont mind Kypreos, but he tries so hard to be negative, and acts so goofy, that you can't help but then see Bob McK as so much more dignified.

Canada's round robin schedule, in Eastern Time:

Feb 13 vs Norway - 12 noon.

Feb 14 vs Austria - 12 noon

Feb 16 vs Finland - 12 noon

I say we play Kunitz Marleau and Nash a lot so it seems like they played. Forget them in the knockout rounds

Cmon boys come up with something creative..

If USA wins, then Zach must spend the next 7 days telling everyone he encounters, school, subway, etc, that he's American and he's proud that the good ol boys kicked Canadian Butt.

If Canada wins, Serge must attend the next public transit meeting at City hall...

• Like 1

If memory serves me correct Nash was probably one of the better players 4 years ago and I remember saying I hope he scores the winner.

Why is everyone against him now?

Also Serge cheer for who you want but living in Canada and cheering against them is one of my pet peeves. Its like this parking guy I kicked out of my store years ago, He use to go on about how great India is and how sinful Canada is as a country. He doesn't want his wife and daughter coming here because he disagree's with our social viewpoints.

Nash has been mostly shit this season. He certainly has the potential to be a dominant player but he's so inconsistent it's maddening. Hopefully the stars align and he gets hot at the right time.

If memory serves me correct Nash was probably one of the better players 4 years ago and I remember saying I hope he scores the winner.

Why is everyone against him now?

Also Serge cheer for who you want but living in Canada and cheering against them is one of my pet peeves. Its like this parking guy I kicked out of my store years ago, He use to go on about how great India is and how sinful Canada is as a country. He doesn't want his wife and daughter coming here because he disagree's with our social viewpoints.

You will have a very tough time to find a bigger Canadian sports fan than me. I will wake up to watch all the medal events. But ya. I'm biased with respect to my nhl players.

Btw. Do people buy ice cream when it's minus 30

Interesting point I heard today. Lundqvist problems maybe due to new equipment.

New rules don't apply in international play.

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 25m

Russian lines seem pretty set: Radulov-Datsyuk-Kovy, Ovi-Malkin-Kulemin, Tarasenko-Anisimov-Tikhonov, filler-filler-filler.

top 2 lines are really, really good. 3rd and 4th are probably on par with the third and 4th lines on Canada's C team. Defense is several levels below Canada or USA. Goaltending is average, though so is ours if Price gets hurt.

top 2 lines are really, really good. 3rd and 4th are probably on par with the third and 4th lines on Canada's C team. Defense is several levels below Canada or USA. Goaltending is average, though so is ours if Price gets hurt.

How important are the bottom 6. Especially 4 th line.?

The top 6 can play 20 plus minutes each. It's a very very short tourney. Only HAVE to win 3 tough games to win a gold.

Price doesn't have international experience past junior. Luongo has the experience. Tough decisions

Well, the 4th line will probably play in the 10-15 minute range, so anywhere from 18% to 25% important?

Why. Lot of games in nhl 4th liners play 3-5 minutes

Why. Lot of games in nhl 4th liners play 3-5 minutes

Do I really need to explain the difference between an average NHL team and an Olympic team?

This is another thing. Dumb hockey execs thinking that these teams need "roll players" just because NHL teams have them. NHL teams have scrubs on their 4th line because there's not enough talent to go around and fill 120 lines with superstars. They don't choose them over skill players because they would prefer to have Zach Sill play 6 minutes a night.

Last night Boone Jenner played 8 minutes. Ryan Craig played 5

Mcgrattan 6:14

Matthias 7:48

Barch 6:13

Your arguments are always the same. Nothing to do with Orr.

When you have 4-5 elite players on team. You can shorten bench in the 3rd period.

Do I really need to explain the difference between an average NHL team and an Olympic team?

This is another thing. Dumb hockey execs thinking that these teams need "roll players" just because NHL teams have them. NHL teams have scrubs on their 4th line because there's not enough talent to go around and fill 120 lines with superstars. They don't choose them over skill players because they would prefer to have Zach Sill play 6 minutes a night.

There is so many shifts to go around.

I want more shifts with Crosby. Toews. Ovy. Kane. Less shifts with the bottom 6.

If you have 6 players that can play 20 min. You don't need 12 min 4 th liners. NHL teams usually don't have 6 20 min guys up front

We're talking about the Olympics. Not a middle of the pack NHL team.

Right that validates my point. Instead of one or two Crosby, Malkin. You have 6

Right that validates my point. Instead of one or two Crosby, Malkin. You have 6

You have 14 in Team Canada's case.

The top line will probably play 17-18 minutes. 2nd/3rd lines probably in the ~15 minute range, and the bottom line in the 12-13 minute range. That's about how it was last Olympics for Canada. Obviously those will get skewed with PP or PK assignments, but in general, that seems to be about what it will take.

Russia probably skews a bit more towards their top lines, but I still doubt the 4th line plays less than 10 minutes, which is still 1/6th of the game, and clearly an important portion.

The reason NHL 4th liners play <5 minutes is because they're terrible at hockey relative to their opponents and every second they are on the ice is an advantage for their opponents. They are there to buy time for the reasonable hockey players to rest.

• Like 1