Olympic Hockey

No Giroux Thornton StLouis Perry Sharp Couture

?

Pretty sure Perry+Sharp were announced, where are you getting your info?

And are you trying to break news. We all have twitter now. lol

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

no Neal!!!

Surprised about Kunitz. Crosby obviously has some pull.

However, there's a stat called WOWY (With or Without You or something like that) and it measures the corsi (I think) of each player playing with one player, or playing away from them. In nearly every case, each player on the Penguins' corsi is higher with Kunitz, than without. (according to a tweet today from someone on twitter.)

I think I might be one of the few who actually doesn't mind Nash on this team.

The one guy Im not so sure of is actually Marleau. And I dont like Hamhuis, there has to be a better way than going 4L+4R...if that has to be, we have no one better to play left side? Oh well.

I think I might be one of the few who actually doesn't mind Nash on this team.

The one guy Im not so sure of is actually Marleau. And I dont like Hamhuis, there has to be a better way than going 4L+4R...if that has to be, we have no one better to play left side? Oh well.

Nope, I'm totally on board with Nash. Carter is the one I don't like.

?

Pretty sure Perry+Sharp were announced, where are you getting your info?

And are you trying to break news. We all have twitter now. lol

Guy announced a ton of players and those two in the next tweet :|

I want to track how many goals are scored off the rush vs. how many are scored with possession in the offensive zone, then we can figure out how overrated "speed on the big ice" is as a talking point.

no Neal!!!

Surprised about Kunitz. Crosby obviously has some pull.

However, there's a stat called WOWY (With or Without You or something like that) and it measures the corsi (I think) of each player playing with one player, or playing away from them. In nearly every case, each player on the Penguins' corsi is higher with Kunitz, than without. (according to a tweet today from someone on twitter.)

Of course it is. Most of the time on the ice with Kunitz correlates with being on the ice with Crosby. Crosby does as well with or without Kunitz. When Kunitz plays without Crosby his productivity is minimal.

Nope, I'm totally on board with Nash. Carter is the one I don't like.

Ya, that surprised me too. Though I think Carter has had international success before, maybe thats it? (I could be making that up)

I'm curious to know why a guy like Giroux isnt valued over a guy like Carter/Marleau. If its the finishing ability of Carter, wouldn't Neal possibly be a better choice?

That's probably true.

(this was in reply to Bob, but it also applies to Arp's point about Neal. Carter is a really good finisher though, probably close to Neal, if not at his level.)

Why is Rick Nash chosen based on previous play. But not Giroux?

The defending Art Ross winner and the Nhl leader in assists not on the team

I hate the nitpicking, because as I said before, all of these players can make a good case to be on this team, but another selection that has me wondering is Sharp.

I would love to know if Sharp was anywhere on their radar in October/November. I think its silly to pick a guy because he is hot in December. Sharp is a great player, and scoring goals in crazy amounts, but if Stamkos wasnt hurt, and Toews was, I would bet that right now St.Louis would have more goals+pts than Sharp.

I still like the team, and I really like the surprises. I have more faith in Steve Y+company than I do my own opinions.

lol, so true.

Hudler-Ryan-St.Louis would make a very nice trio. lol

Hedman not making Sweden shows how deep they are as well. He would have made the Canadian team I think.

Hedman not making Sweden shows how deep they are as well. He would have made the Canadian team I think.

Henrik Tallinder over Hedman is Lolable.

Canada #2

=========

F -- St. Louis, Giroux, Neal, M. Richards, Thornton, Couture, Seguin, Hall, Spezza, Eberle, Skinner, Perron, Staal

D -- Seabrook, Letang, Boyle, Campbell, Phaneuf, Green, Hamonic, Girardi

G -- Crawford, Fleury, Mason

Canada #2

=========

F -- St. Louis, Giroux, Neal, M. Richards, Thornton, Couture, Seguin, Hall, Spezza, Eberle, Skinner, Perron, Burns

D -- Seabrook, Letang, Boyle, Campbell, Phaneuf, Green, Hamonic, Girardi

G -- Crawford, Fleury, Mason

Eric Staal makes team 3?