Olympic Hockey

A little different than Zach's....

@APetrielli: Team B- Hall-Giroux-St. Louis; Couture-Thornton-Staal; Neal-Seguin-Skinner; Kane-Richards-Ladd; Letang-Dion; Campbell-Boyle; Gio-Seabrook.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

Eric Staal makes team 3?

That's weird, I had him him there for sure. I know what happened. I wanted to move Skinner to the end so it didn't look homer, lol, and I guess I deleted Staal instead. Ha.

I think what a lot of people are missing(probably including me) is that stats, CORSI , previous play is irrelevant.

This is essentially a 2 or 3 game tourney..The preliminary round is all BS..You have to play well for 3 games...

Having said that, in a high pressure, short series wouldnt you love to have guys like St Louis, Thornton and even Eric Staal?

Jamie Benn has played ZERO NHL playoff games.

However the thing that Benn and Sharp have going for them is that they are hot right now..

Hot right now means nothing.

The Russian team was already announced.

I cant find a link...looking

ok found it:

G Sergei Bobrovsky G Semyon Varlamov G Alexander Eremenko D Anton Belov D Alexei Emelin D Andrei Markov D Nikita Nikitin D Fedor Tyutin D Slava Voynov D Yevgeny Medvedev D Ilya Nikulin F Artem Anisimov F Pavel Datsyuk F Nikolai Kulemin F Evgeni Malkin F Valeri Nichushkin F Alex Ovechkin F Vladimir Tarasenko F Ilya Kovalchuk F Alexander Radulov F Viktor Tikhonov F Denis Kokarev F Alexander Popov F Sergei Soin F Alexei Tereschenko

A little different than Zach's....

@APetrielli: Team B- Hall-Giroux-St. Louis; Couture-Thornton-Staal; Neal-Seguin-Skinner; Kane-Richards-Ladd; Letang-Dion; Campbell-Boyle; Gio-Seabrook.

I would be fine with this team going to sochi

I would be fine with this team going to sochi

Thats a pretty good team..I think Reimer and Bernier in nets ,

The problem with team Canada is too many superstars on the team..Need role players..Need players that play 20 minutes to play 10...Can they do it? We will see

Here is a hypothetical question for you guys, a bit relevant as there are a lot of team/linemates on the teams:

Who do you think has a better shot to win the Olympic Hockey Tourney:

Team Canada, Russia, USA, Sweden..

Or an existing great NHL team like Chicago, Pittsburgh, St Louis or Boston..

I am going to go with an existing team that has been together.

Russia's D seems weak

But they dont have Subban...

True though..I give the defence edge to the Swedes...I give the top 6 to the Russians, and I give the overall forward depth to the Canadians.

The one team that is solid in all categories, not spectacular but solid is the USA..And I believe them to have the best goaltending.

Here is a hypothetical question for you guys, a bit relevant as there are a lot of team/linemates on the teams:

Who do you think has a better shot to win the Olympic Hockey Tourney:

Team Canada, Russia, USA, Sweden..

Or an existing great NHL team like Chicago, Pittsburgh, St Louis or Boston..

I am going to go with an existing team that has been together.

I think a team full of Nik Kulemins would go undefeated.

I think a team full of Nik Kulemins would go undefeated.

Keep laughing , but the proof is in the pudding..

The main arena they'll be using in Sochi seats 12'000.

That seems odd, they dont have bigger rinks in Russia?

Sochi is a weird choice for the Winter Olympics. It's like a resort town in Russia. It's not cold, it's not snowy. The average temperature in February is 8.6 degrees Celsius.

There's only 343k people, on top of that, so the need for a 20k seat arena isn't really there, long term, and you don't build an arena for a few games.

Sochi is a weird choice for the Winter Olympics. It's like a resort town in Russia. It's not cold, it's not snowy. The average temperature in February is 8.6 degrees Celsius.

There's only 343k people, on top of that, so the need for a 20k seat arena isn't really there, long term, and you don't build an arena for a few games.

Historically Winter games are in small towns and locations..Not withstanding Vancouver..