• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

Been thinking all morning...how awesome is this? The talent in this game is amazing,

It's sick. Think of all the talent that aren't on the teams.

It's sick. Think of all the talent that aren't on the teams.

Here's what I've been thinking. It will be interesting to see how Mike Richards responds to not being on Team Canada come next week.

He was an important part of the last team, but now he is watching this game, thinking....wow, everyone I play with is in this game, or on another Olympic team.

Quick, Brown, Carter, Doughty.....that has to sting, doesn't it? I know I would have a chip on my shoulder after this game if I was him.

Here's what I've been thinking. It will be interesting to see how Mike Richards responds to not being on Team Canada come next week.

He was an important part of the last team, but now he is watching this game, thinking....wow, everyone I play with is in this game, or on another Olympic team.

Quick, Brown, Carter, Doughty.....that has to sting, doesn't it? I know I would have a chip on my shoulder after this game if I was him.

I think PK is gonna light it up after, showing up the people that choose to sit him.

What a fantastic period of hockey. That was among the best-played I've ever watched (as it should be, given the skill level). Canada in particular just looked really crisp in the first half when the ice was good.

I do think the US defencemen are collapsing a little too deep, giving the Canadian rushers too much space to shoot from the top or outside of the circles. Those are dangerous shots, and they've been lucky a few rolling pucks around the crease haven't found a stick.

I dont know, I thought it was very skilled, but something was off.

Am I crazy.....I think I miss the hitting, and intensity of the playoffs?

I think they are just playing safe until the first goal is scored.

Damn that #14 is a rally killer

I dont know, I thought it was very skilled, but something was off.

Am I crazy.....I think I miss the hitting, and intensity of the playoffs?

Oh, playoff hockey is definitely better in most ways, and more exciting. I guess "better-played" was too vague, I meant more about the skill demonstrated in an open game and big ice. But yeah, I'm not quite seeing playoff-level intensity.

I think Price and Quick both made great saves. There is tons of pace and action.

Canadians look like themselves finally.

Weber and Doughty are beasts

I just remembered I heard Mark Madden, that idiot from Pittsburgh, on the radio this morning.

"guys like Benn, Duchene are insignificant in a game like this, not that high level of talent"

He sounded like a moron.

Shutout for Price so far. Shutouts are tough to get. People sometimes avoid saying shutout because of the superstition of saying shutout puts the shutout at risk.

:)

Shutout for Price so far. Shutouts are tough to get. People sometimes avoid saying shutout because of the superstition of saying shutout puts the shutout at risk.

:)

Shutout is very very tough.

I once saw a shutout live. Price loves shutouts