• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

When you are proclaimed the greatest player in the world, it is justified to be able to take shots ...

Lot of the forwards have been non existent...We have been saying Canada is winning, in spite of this..Thats how amazing the defense is...

We have nothing else to talk about , its cool, its fun..

Gretzky and Lemieux used to elevate their games in International competition..Crosby not so much...

But he will score a fluky goal on Sunday and everyone will forget...

Im bitter..Im sorry

• Like 1

I don't care how good you are. All you can do as a hockey player is go out there and try to produce chances. They did that very well today, and have been fine in the rest of the Olympics.

I'm so sick of this negativity. Nothing is ever good enough for anybody. It's maddening.

The teams is 5-0 and playing in the god damn gold medal game.

They have allowed 3 goals in 5 games! Why not focus on that?

Ya, productive was the wrong word.

But I do agree with Zach, goals are generally fluky by nature in such a small sample size like this. And I think that line played very well....couple of lucky bounces, and they score 2 goals, and everyone is talking about how great they are.

Bergeron just seems to play great in international games.

I really like that line. When they put Bergeron and Crosby together, they looked good, but Benn wasn't so hot. I said I'd add Kunitz back there, and now it's great. And to boot, Benn looked awesome with Getzlaf and Perry. Canada is going into the finals in a good spot. They're playing well.

I'm sorry that I do more than look at a stat line when evaluating how I think players and teams are playing. (that's not directed at you, Arp)

Great play by Benn and JayBo

The only thing better than the deflection was the slap-pass.

I don't care how good you are. All you can do as a hockey player is go out there and try to produce chances. They did that very well today, and have been fine in the rest of the Olympics.

I'm so sick of this negativity. Nothing is ever good enough for anybody. It's maddening.

That goal was good enough.

I have been focusing on that..Its beyond ridicolous the top 6 dman on this team...

They should be commended,

The forwards are also responsible for Canada's great D. Crosby, Bergeron and Kunitz played well, but something is off on the offensive side. Kunitz seems a little fumbly with the puck and Crosby seems to be avoiding one-on-one contact more than usual. I think he's hurting a little.

The forwards are also responsible for Canada's great D. Crosby, Bergeron and Kunitz played well, but something is off on the offensive side. Kunitz seems a little fumbly with the puck and Crosby seems to be avoiding one-on-one contact more than usual. I think he's hurting a little.

At least, that's what the stats would indicate.

I didn't see any of that. Thought they had some good shots. Let's not forget they've been playing against Rask, Quick, that crazy Latvian...

The only really negative thing I see is just guys playing who aren't 100% in sync with each other because they haven't been playing together for 3 seasons. Those lines tend to know when to shoot rather than force a pass, etc.

The strength of the Americans has always been the play off the rush..They are dominant on 2 on 1, 3 on 2...Kessel stopping , dishing back to D for big shot...That was very rare in this game...It was the reason that the Americans won...I will give credit to the forwards as well, shutting down the odd man rushes...They played a smart game, I think if they try and trade chances with odd man rushes the Americans dominate this game...

The strength of the Americans has always been the play off the rush..They are dominant on 2 on 1, 3 on 2...Kessel stopping , dishing back to D for big shot...That was very rare in this game...It was the reason that the Americans won...I will give credit to the forwards as well, shutting down the odd man rushes...They played a smart game, I think if they try and trade chances with odd man rushes the Americans dominate this game...

The best way to stop a rush is to have the forwards providing back pressure, and picking up those trailers.

I didn't see any of that. Thought they had some good shots. Let's not forget they've been playing against Rask, Quick, that crazy Latvian...

The only really negative thing I see is just guys playing who aren't 100% in sync with each other because they haven't been playing together for 3 seasons. Those lines tend to know when to shoot rather than force a pass, etc.

Crosby's best shot was a backhand from the faceoff circle with no traffic in front. He went down behind the net on one play and was slow getting up. It wasn't because he was tired either because he skated past his bench instead of changing.

I saw him go into the boards, and he was slow to get up, but I didn't see it affecting him at all on any other shift.

They relied on that line a lot tonight. Pretty amazing to have Crosby and Bergeron together. So great at everything. They should be 75%+ on faceoffs, since they only use their strong sides. Bergeron is a fantastic defensive player, and Crosby is no slouch either.

I haven't looked at any stats, but Canada seemed to dominate on faceoffs. It's good to start with the puck more than not.

I'm thinking about checking the FO% of Sweden's centers...but I won't.

I saw him go into the boards, and he was slow to get up, but I didn't see it affecting him at all on any other shift.

They relied on that line a lot tonight. Pretty amazing to have Crosby and Bergeron together. So great at everything. They should be 75%+ on faceoffs, since they only use their strong sides. Bergeron is a fantastic defensive player, and Crosby is no slouch either.

thats a pretty strong dynamic that you dont see in the NHL, or very rare..That would be a tough duo to stop, faceoffs are so big these days and that would be a huge edge.

Lol Pat. This guy is a huge donkey dick. Luckily he is a two bit writer for a small county paper and is on the radio after drive time. Thinks he knows everything about everything and often gets angry in radio if someone disagrees with his bs.

Edit: also that was my gold medal game. Finland and US out. Will be watching curious George as usual at 7am on Sunday.

My stars for the tourney.

Defence

Drew Doughty

Erik Karlsson

Forwards

Datsyuk

Kessel

Radulov

Goalie

Price/lundqvist. Who ever wins