Best Tv Episodes Of All Time

Note: the forum would only allow me to link 2 videos per post so I had to string it out.

Some good ones have already been mentioned, here's some I like that haven't yet.

Posse Comitatus episode of The West Wing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvr1T1sFvEg

Pilot of The West Wing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8unqrdurxyg

The Wire - Middle Ground -

Stringer Bell's death.

The Wire - Late Editions, 2nd to last episode of the series -

Snoop's death (you look good girl), Michael saying goodbye to Dukie and Bug, Marlo in jail (my name is my name)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How could I have not remembered the WKRP turkey episode. I doubt I've ever laughed so hard in my life.  

South Park -- Scott Tenorman Must Die

Its been beaten into the dirt but charlie murphy true hollywood stories is by far the funniest thing ive seen on tv

Here's a few I find episodes of television I find transcendent that haven't yet been mentioned.

"Everybody's Waiting" Six Feet Under

The finale. I never fell in love with this show, but the finale was as good a finale as I've ever seen. Pitch perfect.

"Clyde Bruckman's Final Response" X-Files

This is the one where Peter Boyle guest stars as a psychic who can see how people die.

"Pilot" Twin Peaks

Twin Peaks is awesome.

I love TV, the storytelling. I think what can do is related to longer story arcs, and an audience's familiarity with the character. It's starting to catch up with the visuals. More and more homes have high def, large tvs. A television director can put a lot on the screen.

My love for an episode like Ozymandias relies on my memory of everything that came before--maybe I could enjoy it as a one off--but I love it because I've seen Hank and Walt in each other's homes, enjoying suburban living.

"I like television so much and in such a refined way that it is literally impossible for me to pick a single episode, BECAUSE OF ART. I don't like 'an episode' of Television, because I am not bound by the episodic nature of the medium, ALSO BECAUSE ART REASONS."

You guys, she (I think it is a she, because this name is obviously the mobile alias of frautotenkinder and frau means "maid" in German or something) is right. This thread is an embarrassment, and I am ashamed to have started it. I CRY YOUR PARDON I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE FACE OF MY FATHER FRAU KINDLE

You know what episode doesn't get enough love? The last Dallas, from the original series. It was a reverse it's a wonderful life. Instead of an Angel Showing JR how people's lives would be worse without him, it was a demon showing him how everyone's lives would have been better without him, trying to egg him into killing himself. In the final scene, the demon is egging JR to pull the trigger, then you hear a shot off scren, and Bobby runs up stairs and says " Oh god!" but you don't see what happens, but it's strongly implied that JR offed himself.

Now, they ruined it years later in the reunion, where they show that JR shot the mirror instead of himself, but at the time IT was shocking TV, a shocking way to end a popular show.

You know what episode doesn't get enough love? The last Dallas, from the original series. It was a reverse it's a wonderful life. Instead of an Angel Showing JR how people's lives would be worse without him, it was a demon showing him how everyone's lives would have been better without him, trying to egg him into killing himself. In the final scene, the demon is egging JR to pull the trigger, then you hear a shot off scren, and Bobby runs up stairs and says " Oh god!" but you don't see what happens, but it's strongly implied that JR offed himself.

Now, they ruined it years later in the reunion, where they show that JR shot the mirror instead of himself, but at the time IT was shocking TV, a shocking way to end a popular show.

What do you think, FcpBob?

What do you think, FcpBob?

I watched the early years of Dallas but at some point stopped watching so I can't really comment on how they ended the series because I didn't see it.

I watched the early years of Dallas but at some point stopped watching so I can't really comment on how they ended the series because I didn't see it.

(reads Bob's post in iambic pentameter)

(realizes it fails less than 15 syllables in)

(nods head)

"I like television so much and in such a refined way that it is literally impossible for me to pick a single episode, BECAUSE OF ART. I don't like 'an episode' of Television, because I am not bound by the episodic nature of the medium, ALSO BECAUSE ART REASONS."

You guys, she (I think it is a she, because this name is obviously the mobile alias of frautotenkinder and frau means "maid" in German or something) is right. This thread is an embarrassment, and I am ashamed to have started it. I CRY YOUR PARDON I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE FACE OF MY FATHER FRAU KINDLE

Yes, I am a lady with all relevant ladybits.

I started to reply to you initial post, and realized I was regurgitating other feelings I had had, mostly about my favorite tv shows of all time.

Then I started wondering about my favorite shows, and sitting down with a few aging relatives, who I know don't watch them, and seeing if they are thrilled when Wu cuts his hair.

So now in cycling through my brain in a new way, what show do I love that a newbie could watch and love?

Colbert/Daily Show

A bunch of sitcoms--Lucy and WKRP for the turkey episode

More stuff that I can't remember

I want to nominate Friday Night Lights for the thread, because it's been years since I watched, but that show killed me.

Here's a few I find episodes of television I find transcendent that haven't yet been mentioned.

"Everybody's Waiting" Six Feet Under

The finale. I never fell in love with this show, but the finale was as good a finale as I've ever seen. Pitch perfect.

"Clyde Bruckman's Final Response" X-Files

This is the one where Peter Boyle guest stars as a psychic who can see how people die.

Repose. There are some really good stand-alone X-Files episodes, but I can't think of any others right now.

First Simpsons episodes that come to mind are the softball one (obviously), the one where Homer gets a gun, and "Jeremy's...iron."

I was listening to a podcast where they were talking about Breaking Bad and one of the guys was saying that the finale of Six Feet Under was the best episode of TV he's ever seen. I never saw that show.

What is your problem?

I just didn't like it. I know a lot of people did. But I thought it really drug on and on.

Repose. There are some really good stand-alone X-Files episodes, but I can't think of any others right now.

First Simpsons episodes that come to mind are the softball one (obviously), the one where Homer gets a gun, and "Jeremy's...iron."

I was listening to a podcast where they were talking about Breaking Bad and one of the guys was saying that the finale of Six Feet Under was the best episode of TV he's ever seen. I never saw that show.

I haven't seen any of these shows. (I have seen The Simpsons, but nothing since like Season 3 or so.)

What is your problem?

You know another Seinfeld episode that sucked - other than the clip shows obviously - was the one in the subway car where the entire episode was on the car. Terrible idea.

How much Curb have you seen, Cha?

You know another Seinfeld episode that sucked - other than the clip shows obviously - was the one in the subway car where the entire episode was on the car. Terrible idea.

How much Curb have you seen, Cha?

You're about see some curb if you don't pull your head out of your ass.

Anyway, none.

• Like 1

As someone who loves Seinfeld, --- wait... are you saying you liked the subway episode!? (I hope not) --- you would honestly love it. Is there a specific reason you've avoided it?

Yes, I am a lady with all relevant ladybits.

I started to reply to you initial post, and realized I was regurgitating other feelings I had had, mostly about my favorite tv shows of all time.

Then I started wondering about my favorite shows, and sitting down with a few aging relatives, who I know don't watch them, and seeing if they are thrilled when Wu cuts his hair.

So now in cycling through my brain in a new way, what show do I love that a newbie could watch and love?

Colbert/Daily Show

A bunch of sitcoms--Lucy and WKRP for the turkey episode

More stuff that I can't remember

I want to nominate Friday Night Lights for the thread, because it's been years since I watched, but that show killed me.

What are you talking about?