• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

In the past month, the 4-year Owen has sat in an airplane cockpit, a bulldozer, the conductor's chair of a train (not a real one, but he doesn't know that!) and the front and back of a firetruck.

Not sure how to break the news that life is all downhill from here.

That is pretty cool. Getting the kid out to explore things early is awesome.

Well that sucks

Eating breakfast with my girls and I chip my tooth. Going to need a crown. No insurance so out of pocket

Get a gold one. Like a pimp daddy

Says the guy who posted a pic of his new Merc SUV. ;) should have bought a Honda. ;)

lol yes...The crowns might cost more than the car..

Says the guy who posted a pic of his new Merc SUV. ;) should have bought a Honda. ;)

In my defence it is used. A 2012.

The deal might still fall through. They offer me $6,000 for my sick suv. I have a feeling they want to grind me. If they do I will walk away.

However the feeling of eating is very strange with the broken tooth. Very uncomfortable I might be able to lose few pounds now

I played Braeben Golf course for the 1st time ever. I know Chris would know what this is but if you don't, the golf course is built on top of the old Britannia landfill. I have to say, the course is extremely nicely done. Only 1 hole has water (7th and yes I just bumped into the water with an easy 9)

It was funny on one hole the ground was moving so very weird hitting my ball. Also another hole I saw a dried up mouse lying on the fairway.

I remember many years before the course was built my wife and I were looking at homes in that area. We however were scared off by the sight and sound of planes.

Here is the wikipedia on the dump:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_Landfill

I am actually pretty excited for tomorrow. I pickup my new toy at noon.

My girls at dinner mention to me about how we use to ride our bikes to the ice cream store and we have not done it this year. I said don't worry, you guy ride your bikes, I will drive my vehicle behind you.

interesting read. I visit/work regularly in the area where he trained with his mom, very close to my office.

Bob, do you ever find it a little sad that most (every?) tennis success story comes from a childhood that has very little "child" in it, meaning kids who just grew up with nothing but tennis 24-7.

I dont want to make it seem THAT bad, but every story I read makes it sound like the Agassi story of a cray obsessed parent who pretty much screamed and intimidated their kids into success.

(btw, I really enjoyed Agassis book, had my wife+son read it too)

interesting read. I visit/work regularly in the area where he trained with his mom, very close to my office.

Bob, do you ever find it a little sad that most (every?) tennis success story comes from a childhood that has very little "child" in it, meaning kids who just grew up with nothing but tennis 24-7.

I dont want to make it seem THAT bad, but every story I read makes it sound like the Agassi story of a cray obsessed parent who pretty much screamed and intimidated their kids into success.

(btw, I really enjoyed Agassis book, had my wife+son read it too)

elite athletes in tennis and almost every other sport basically train full time as kids these days. I think the balance might be different for different kids.

Tennis Canada's National Training Centres try to balance school with developing elite players.

http://www.tenniscanada.com/competitive/national-training-centres/

• 2 weeks later...

how 'bout that Canadian kid at the rogers Cup? Is he a pro now after winning the junior Wimbledon?

there is no pro amateur distinction really in tennis for the most part unless somebody is going to play NCAA. He'll probably only play one more Junior tournament and that's the US Open in a month. He would still be eligible to play Juniors next year but they would be useless.

Kyrgios basically didn't try and gave him the match which can be hard to play against actually. The Aussie is a head case who has said he doesn't like tennis and wishes he would have played basketball instead. Last night he was saying to his box that he was going home etc.

Denis' ranking will be in the top 300 after this and he'll mostly be playing Challenger level tournaments which have prize money from $50K to $100K and the players are usually ranked between 80 to 300. If he can get his ranking in the top 200 by the end of the year that would be excellent for a 17 year old.

• Like 2

interesting, I know almost nothing about Tennis, it seems.

going to be an interesting time for Canadian tennis fans over the next few years. Milos should be peaking and there are some really promising kids.

Félix Auger-Aliassime from Montreal who is 15 and 16 months younger than Shapovalov has the higher ceiling most people think. He was a finalist at the Junior French where both he and Shapovalov lost to the same French kid.

In hockey terms the best player born in 99 is Canadian and the best 00 is also Canadian. Having Junior success though isn't a great predictor of future success on the main tour. Most number 1 Junior's don't break into the top 100 even during their careers.

I had to get a crown for my broken tooth. The dentist asked me if I want freezing and I said no.

My jaw/mouth/face feels like I have been beaten up.

Biatch does it seems

that was a good bet he made. There is always a chance that the Aussie decides that he would rather lose the match than win it so getting big odds against him is worth a bet in the first round of a tourney. If he was trying the Canadian wouldn't have had a chance.

going to be an interesting time for Canadian tennis fans over the next few years. Milos should be peaking and there are some really promising kids.

Félix Auger-Aliassime from Montreal who is 15 and 16 months younger than Shapovalov has the higher ceiling most people think. He was a finalist at the Junior French where both he and Shapovalov lost to the same French kid.

In hockey terms the best player born in 99 is Canadian and the best 00 is also Canadian. Having Junior success though isn't a great predictor of future success on the main tour. Most number 1 Junior's don't break into the top 100 even during their careers.

We got back from Chicago very late last night. I did say something in the car to my family, I will never say anything bad about Toronto traffic. Chicago is by far the worst I have ever seen. Worst than DC and LA and Toronto.